Score prediction thread for South Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for South Carolina

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think UCONN wins by 15. Everyone is so concerned with Wilson and Coates!! That's all they have for height. Baylor in my opinion was much more bigger then South Carolina. Way more depth.. and that was very much young in the season and UCONN is much better. UCONN had no issues with the bigs. U get Wilson and Coates either one in foul trouble lights out. USC doesn't go deep in there bench and the gamecocks go through scoring droughts in games and u can't have that against UCONN. Who's going to defend Katie Lou , collier or Williams.. We have scoring options all over the floor. We have played the best of the best and beaten everyone. UCONN always comes to play against a top team .. Not saying they play down to weak competition but these are the games UCONN lives for. Gampel will be sold out and rocking.. 100 on the line... UCONN will win easy. Will be close but by 3 rd quarter game will be in hand. USC won't score 70 points on our defense I'm going with UCONN 82-67. 15 point win cause we pull our starters in 4th. UCONN has seen plenty of bigs this season and don't count out Natalie she seems to do well in big games. UCONN is to quick and like I said we stay out of foul trouble and hit open 3's when taken we may even win by more. Wilson and Coats will get there points but 2 players won't be enough how there other players step up will be the difference. I think Davis and Gray are more keys to them then the big 2. Let's go Huskies!!!

Agree with everything you said, except, I don't think Geno clears the bench in this type of game early in the 4th qtr. He'll probably wait until the 2:30 mark. Dawn keeps her starters on the floor right up to the end. I also agree that SC does not break 70 on UConn. I posted a comment about an hour ago making the same Baylor reference you did.

UConn 75 - South Carolina 62

Last edited:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Bad feeling about this one.

Uconn 76
USC 83

As Cuevas-Moore goes, so goes SC.

Reaction Score
UCONN 78 -48
I don't know about how much we can score, but I'm surprised that so many people think SC will do so well, based on the scores of their past games. SC does not appear to be an offensive juggernaut.

Last edited:

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
You get over your illness about 11:00 PM Monday night.

Love it! Thanks for the morale boost. I am somewhat hopeful, but the margin for error is truly small.

Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season I had the Gamecocks winning.. but after this year's UConn team proved to me that they can beat the "top" team I'm not sure the Gamecocks can beat UConn.

79-65 UConn

dang this is tough one.. foul trouble for either team is gonna be good for the other
Your score is really close but I think it's likely 82-66 UConn.

Reaction Score
UCONN 78 -48
I don't know about how much we can score, but I'm surprised that so many people think SC will do so well, based on the scores of their past games. SC does not appear to be an offensive juggernaut.
I have seen SC put on some of the worst offensive performances I've ever seen for a major college basketball program over the past 3 or 4 years. Why would things change now? This Huskie team is really in focus and totally in sync and I think we'll see USC self destruct long before that game is over.

Reaction Score
Bad feeling about this one.

Uconn 76
USC 83

As Cuevas-Moore goes, so goes SC.

I know what you mean about "bad feeling" but I don't see them scoring 83 points in the game.
Hope I'm wrong but, I keep hearing Geno's words, spoken on multiple occasions, about the streak and that it can't go on forever. While I understand the philosophical and practical implications of never losing, I see his repeated admissions of such as a portent for Monday night's game. Therefore, and with great dread, I'll go with SCe 72-UConn 70. Just a feeling.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think the Streak ends Tonight and Geno will probably be happy it's over. A loss while never good, might be better for the team getting ready for the tournament. Had some close escapes against Florida St and Maryland and won't be able to tonight.

So Carolina 74 UConn 71.

Foul Trouble too much to overcome.

Hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
Still lots of room on the spreadsheet - but 42 participants at this early hour. Of these, 38 have UConn winning with the average of these showing the score at 79 to 66, a 13 point MOV. The 4 trying to placate the mojo gods have it averaging 75 to 70. Interesting although meaningless, the difference in posters (18 point swing) is a nine point increase in gamecock scoring and a nine point drop in UConn scoring based on averaging the predictions. Their 75 points, against the top drawer defenders is only two points less than their average this year to date. Hmmm, lots of things to ponder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom