Score prediction thread for South Carolina | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for South Carolina

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Well, I've given this considerable thought. I've decided to use a more quantitative approach to the prediction. I am going to calculate a standard deviation from earlier games. From that I will draw a reversion to the mean to the current correlation. The Alpha and Beta values will be blended to form a true Gamma value.

111-9 in a close game.

Reaction Score
CARNAC: you out there somewhere tonight? Am getting really pumped and haven't even had my Manhattan yet.
But also: came across an envelope from Funk and Wagnalls.....and I find that "Ka CHONG" keeps coming to my mind. Could you possibly go up under that ratty turban of yours and divine a question for us??

Reaction Score
2w3[;/
BVA: a WIMP ball...one of the very first...step up, Dude!
As I explained to the Mountain man--Superstitious !! My record on picking winners (that's why I stick with UConn)
is only exceeded by the number wrong by Bob Steele's picks. I'm not going to jinx these fine ladies---
So I'll accept the WIMP title or Coward or any other--But thanks for the encouragement!!!

Reaction Score
It's probably somewhere in these 100+ posts, but what does Massy say?

Reaction Score
S Carolina Pic.jpg

Here are the forecasts with 35 minutes to game time. We had 14 new forecasters, and a lot of interest. Still not sure if NewCorn was really forecasting a Gamecock win by 26 points, but I have to say I doubt it!

Reaction Score
Tell you what: listening on RADIO with about four mins left......showing my disgust for ESPN2......and want to say congrats, hopefully not too early, to you prognosticators who said UCONN would pull away late.....what a call....awesome, folks.

Reaction Score
You get over your illness about 11:00 PM Monday night.
Predicted 83 points scored against our Huskies? Reality was quite a bit different, wasn't it. I actually predicted both teams would score more than they actually
south carolina 72 UCONN 63
Wrong! I'm just surprised that anyone here had predicted South Carolina would win.

Reaction Score
You get over your illness about 11:00 PM Monday night.
Shocking that you and anyone thought South Carolina could score 83 points against this Huskie team. This UConn team has a lot of resiliency and handles pressure wonderfully. So very impressive but I guess you thought otherwise.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately this is where UCONN gets it's butt whipped. Samuelson too sick, Williams and Collier in foul trouble all night. S. Carolina in a laugher 72-53.

100 is just too nice a round number. Basketball gods say enough is enough.
If South Carolina is laughing, I like their sense of humor. Collier did foul out but primarily because of a pretty horrific job by the referees. Some calls were beyond belief. Beyond that, UConn didn't shoot well and particularly KLS but still a double digit Huskie victory.

Reaction Score
Shocking that you and anyone thought South Carolina could score 83 points against this Huskie team. This UConn team has a lot of resiliency and handles pressure wonderfully. So very impressive but I guess you thought otherwise.
Me? I predicted a UConn win by 26. At least that is what I intended. Sorry!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great game by uconn, our guards didn't step up and that was they key to winning the game. But I will say the refs were horrible, Williams played great defense but a lot of calls were overlooked on the post entry passes. Numerous times I seen Collier and Williams slap Coates and Wilson's arms while trying to tip the ball. Also those charge call were ridiculous, Chong wasn't even set on neither call and flopped on most. It is what it is, still a lot of season left to be played

Reaction Score
Great game by uconn, our guards didn't step up and that was they key to winning the game. But I will say the refs were horrible, Williams played great defense but a lot of calls were overlooked on the post entry passes. Numerous times I seen Collier and Williams slap Coates and Wilson's arms while trying to tip the ball. Also those charge call were ridiculous, Chong wasn't even set on neither call and flopped on most. It is what it is, still a lot of season left to be played
You guys gave us a great game - nice to have one of those for a change. I think there were the same no calls both ways. You guys beat the crap out of Samuelson away from the ball, including a Coates cheap shot haymaker to the gut at the end. No biggie. 18 fouls to 17 is pretty even.

Reaction Score

If you thought that UConn got the better end of the bad officiating then you were watching an entirely different game than I was. Honestly, if UConn was hot from the outside, this would have been a blow out! The fact that they managed to win with players hurt and having off nights is the sign of a real good basketball team.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

laughing-gif10.gif

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I absolutely agree with you that the refs did a lousy job. Foul call on Lou on Wilson's breakaway was a phantom call. 5th foul on Pheesa on the breakaway was possibly the worst call of the game as the defender was not set and had both feet in the restricted zone under the basket.

I guess it all comes down to the eye of the beholder.

Reaction Score
As others have said the terrible reffing was bad for the quality of game. But probably in hindsight balanced out to be a lesser factor. In the heat of the moment of course it always seems they are focusing their worst on our / your team.

I have always really liked Aja and last night only multiplied that. She was terrific!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If South Carolina is laughing, I like their sense of humor. Collier did foul out but primarily because of a pretty horrific job by the referees. Some calls were beyond belief. Beyond that, UConn didn't shoot well and particularly KLS but still a double digit Huskie victory.
Ummm yea, I saw the game. Obviously you have no concept of mojo, or my job. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom