Score prediction thread for South Carolina | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for South Carolina

Reaction Score
As Cuevas-Moore goes, so goes SC.

Dawn has been going with Harris, and while there is more structure to the offense, Harris still has 31 turnovers to C-M's 35, and SC loses scoring to get the organization that Harris provides.

Reaction Score
Who is Cuevas-Moore? I know they had a Bianca Cuevas who was a speedy sometimes out of control guard.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Who is Cuevas-Moore? I know they had a Bianca Cuevas who was a speedy sometimes out of control guard.

Seems that is her complete hyphenated name Bianca Cuevas-Moore. Who knew?

Reaction Score
UConn by 21, 92-71. Our defense makes the difference, with lots of baskets in transition.

Reaction Score
On paper, UConn wins, because, despite SC's size, UConn is simply too quick, too talented, and playing at home.

But this is the game SC has pointed to all year. They could win this, not win the NC, and still see it as getting glory by stopping the streak short of 100. OTOH, UConn has already played so many big games this year and will count the season successful only if they win a NC, so they might not be quite as up for this as will be SC.

Not predicting an SC win, but thinking that SC may be more motivated.

Reaction Score
The transition and outside shooting needs to work tonight. Playing a lot of half court where you're grinding it out against bigger more athletic post players probably is not in UConn's best interests. I think a fast paced game favors UConn because of their conditioning, so that would be my game plan. If Collier can hit a three early to force Coates and Wilson to guard out to the three point line (the way Tuck's two first half 3s did in the game two years ago) it could help open things up a bit.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Cheery picking a couple of passes by their freshman PG early on would help too.

Reaction Score
The numbers don't lie, sc has scored in the 60s against the good teams they played and they have never scored in the 70s against uconn. Uconn will win this game by double digits since both of their single digit wins came on the road, at Maryland and FSU. I'm sure the team learned a lot from maya in practice yesterday. KLS is going to start playing in her tournament mode soon and it could start tonight.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Unfortunately this is where UCONN gets it's butt whipped. Samuelson too sick, Williams and Collier in foul trouble all night. S. Carolina in a laugher 72-53.

100 is just too nice a round number. Basketball gods say enough is enough.

Reaction Score
Didn't South Carolina lose to Tennessee? If we play our game, we'll be fine. We need to go at their bigs early and try to get them in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
UConn 76-68 Natalie does her job. 15 minutes of help against SC bigs. Sonyia leads the way with 10

Reaction Score
UConn 75 - 64

The big issues are how well UConn defenses the high-low game between Wilson and Coates; and how long the Gamecock guards, Davis and Gray, keep them in the offense before thy start jacking shots up.

Big factors that can sway the score either way are fouls, losing 3-point shooters, and conditioning for a fast game where the USC bigs can get hurt.

In terms of discipline and conditioning the Huskies should dominate. If Kia and Saniya hit their open 3's, this could get ugly for the Gamecocks....

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
UConn 70, SC 58.

Would love to see a flowing, open court game, but have a feeling it will be a tough, possession by possession type defensive grind with little flow.

Our conditioning is the difference and a fourth quarter run does it.

100.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom