Score prediction thread for South Carolina | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for South Carolina

Reaction Score
Next game is coming right up Monday, weather permitting, with the Fighting Gamecocks (or plain old Gamecocks) due in town with their Garnet and Black school colors. (Don't miss the nifty thread by someone who cooks a different meal for every game, using ingredients which pertain to the region from which our opponent of the day comes; they can tell you just what needs to be done with a gamecock - :cool:)

As always, which team wins it, by what margin of victory and, as a tie breaker if needed, what is your call on the exact score of the game?

Obviously, this one could be a difficult and exciting one to predict. And, since so many of our fearless forecasters have been doing so well on a consistent basis, it's possible that the forecasts on this game could have a major impact on narrowing the field of front runners for "the season as a whole" best prognosticators, if we decide to do that competition. (Will put up a separate thread to get your wishes and input on that issue in a few minutes; that thread title will be "Score prediction championship for whole season?" - or something very close to that. )

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I hope I'm wrong about the MOV, but every way I look at this game, I see a nail biter. Huskies win 70-67.

Reaction Score
Offense did not look good yesterday, and SC's length will be a problem at both ends.

I still think we pull it out, but nowhere near in dominant fashion. Being at home helps. SC isn't a great offensive team, so I think this will be relatively low scoring.

UConn 68-63 South Carolina.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season I had the Gamecocks winning... but after this year's UConn team proved to me that they can beat the "top" team I'm not sure the Gamecocks can beat UConn.

79-65 UConn

dang this is tough one... foul trouble for either team is gonna be good for the other

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season I had the Gamecocks winning.. but after this year's UConn team proved to me that they can beat the "top" team I'm not sure the Gamecocks can beat UConn.

79-65 UConn

dang this is tough one.. foul trouble for either team is gonna be good for the other
The difference for UConn is that they have played in games where we have been in foul trouble and even when our starters got limited minutes because of fouls we were still able to win. In every one of those instances our starting 5 still outscored our opponents starting 5 in every ranked match up. If SCar gets in foul trouble can what they have left on the court score with us... I don't think so. Can their starters in limited minutes score with us... I don't think so.

Personally I would prefer it not to be a slugfest. I can't stand that crap. I would much rather watch us play full speed instead of spending half the game walking back and forth to the free throw line. Just don't let Enterline be there.

Reaction Score
UCONN 74, South Carolina 62

K. Nurse - 18 Points
KLS - 16 Points
G. Williams - 12 Ponts (10 Rebounds)
N. Collier - 12 Points
S. Chong - 6 Ponts (6 Assists, 0 Turnovers)
C. Dangerfield - 5 Points (4 Assists)
N. Butler - 2 Points

Here's a "Blast From The Past" Photo

upload_2017-2-12_14-59-33.png

Reaction Score
I think UCONN wins by 15. Everyone is so concerned with Wilson and Coates!! That's all they have for height. Baylor in my opinion was much more bigger then South Carolina. Way more depth... and that was very much young in the season and UCONN is much better. UCONN had no issues with the bigs. U get Wilson and Coates either one in foul trouble lights out. USC doesn't go deep in there bench and the gamecocks go through scoring droughts in games and u can't have that against UCONN. Who's going to defend Katie Lou , collier or Williams... We have scoring options all over the floor. We have played the best of the best and beaten everyone. UCONN always comes to play against a top team ... Not saying they play down to weak competition but these are the games UCONN lives for. Gampel will be sold out and rocking... 100 on the line.... UCONN will win easy. Will be close but by 3 rd quarter game will be in hand. USC won't score 70 points on our defense I'm going with UCONN 82-67. 15 point win cause we pull our starters in 4th. UCONN has seen plenty of bigs this season and don't count out Natalie she seems to do well in big games. UCONN is to quick and like I said we stay out of foul trouble and hit open 3's when taken we may even win by more. Wilson and Coats will get there points but 2 players won't be enough how there other players step up will be the difference. I think Davis and Gray are more keys to them then the big 2. Let's go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Looking at stats and watching games from both teams, I think UConn's defense keeps SC in the 60's and SC's rebounding keeps UConn in the 80's by limiting the number of possessions that the Huskies get.
Score - UConn 83, SC 68 for a 15 point margin of victory.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
WHoa horsey! its an 84-68 UConn slugfest

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
<<<We're hanging another one of these this season!

78-63 Dawgs. We're running the table again, and maybe for a few more seasons, just for laughs.

Reaction Score
I think that UCONN can make SoCar move like no other opponent! And when Coates and Wilson have to improvise they're not as good! Now that Saniya has brought her game up you can have at least 5 shooters that can hit long 2's or 3's!
UCONN 81 / SoCar 69 but most likely by more!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom