Sandoval - ut oh! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sandoval - ut oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is getting a lot of money to play baseball. There is no good reason why he is not in decent shape. Metrics, smetrics, Sandoval is a professional athlete and he is a fat ass.

Reaction Score
He is getting a lot of money to play baseball. There is no good reason why he is not in decent shape. Metrics, smetrics, Sandoval is a professional athlete and he is a fat ass.
Anyone that thinks his weight does not affect his skills should look at his fielding last year. He cannot make the play on a dribbler up the 3rd baseline or a bunt. If I were the opponents, I would take advantage of that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't care if he is in shape, out of shape or whether he builds a space ship to go to Mars. I don't care if he is a good player or a bad player or what metrics apply to him.

Someone wrote that the guy worked out 12 hours a day, six days a week.

My sole point - no, he did not.

Even if the human body would tolerate that, (it won't), you don't come through that gauntlet with moobs. The man has lunch lady .

Reaction Score
HA! This stuff is great.

This one's the best:

I manage a 350 million dollar block of business, actually. And, in your rush to try and be "Funny Message Board Insult Guy", you never answered my question.

Yet here you are, posting on a message board worrying about whether a baseball player is fat or not. Glad that's not my money.

This is all great stuff. I mean, I have no idea about his wFB or wFT...but don't you just think a guy that signed this contract and stunk as bad as he did last year should "look" like he's trying to show up to camp a little more serious about his job? Leave your calculator at home.

Then I'd read up on it if I were you. You do manage millions right, so numbers should get your motor running. I mean, you've got enough time to be crying about a baseball player's weight on the internet, so you should conceivably be able to read up on what a metric in baseball is, Mr. Gekko.

Simple fact of the matter is this: He hit when he was fat (fact). He didn't hit when he was fat (also a fact). So maybe - being fat doesn't have anything to do with his performance issues. So maybe it might be something else. Like how he handles fastballs. Or his bat speed. Or you know - metrics that demonstrate his actual skills relevant to his success in the past as a baseball player that are failing. Or how historical comps and players like him have performed in the past... maybe that has some answers as to how he'll perform in the future. God forbid we try to use metrics and or attempt to find the actual reason than add to the usual sports ball a casserole fare of the day.

I laid it all out pretty clearly and you avoided that because you don't like being told you wrong, basically. So don't whine about not answering your non-questions (honestly I couldn't find it) when you're not willing to bother to engage in anything substantive I put out. Again I can explain this until i'm blue in the face, but I can't understand it for you.

You have to be stone stupid to believe that this guy worked out 12 hours a day, six days a week.

Yeah exactly, like you believing that fat shed 20 lbs

Who knew there were so many workout gurus on a Uconn board!

Well you're not a nutritionist, and you're not basically every source coming from the team and/or the reporters who are there who're pulling back on the PABLO FAT~! stories. So you really don't have any clue what you're talking about. Just admit it and apologize.

Then watch some more of him working out.

I don't care if he is in shape, out of shape or whether he builds a space ship to go to Mars. I don't care if he is a good player or a bad player or what metrics apply to him.

That's obvious.

Me: He's fat.

Weird kid: METRICS! I AM BASEBALL! METRICS!

So I checked again. He's still fat.

So was Babe Ruth. So was CC Sabathia. I mean... they made him lose weight and he got worse, so.

Also Terry Pendleton. He was fat. So was Prince Fielder. David Wells, John Kruk, Greg Luzinski, Cecil Fielder.

Barely 10 lbs. separate David Ortiz and Pablo. So he's a , too. Boog Powell. Miguel Cabrera carries the exact same playing weight.

Anyway though - sing along with your bedtime story.

Someone wrote that the guy worked out 12 hours a day, six days a week.

My sole point - no, he did not.

And you don't have a source to back that up. You're not a nutritionist. You're not a baseball professional of any kind. You're not a personal trainer. You're not a source with the team. Or his actual trainer. Or anyone who'd actually know what the story is. But he's fat. Cause you know.

Do you apply this reasoning to all things in your life? So you mean to tell me if I just feel like believing the sky is purple - that it actually is so long as I just say 'cause I know~!'

Even if the human body would tolerate that, (it won't), you don't come through that gauntlet with moobs. The man has lunch lady .

1.) have you seen photos with him of his shirt off?

2.) Why would you even look for that?

Anyone that thinks his weight does not affect his skills should look at his fielding last year. He cannot make the play on a dribbler up the 3rd baseline or a bunt. If I were the opponents, I would take advantage of that.

Here's something worthwhile for you to read, then. Lots of nutty numbers and counting, but I believe in you.

Reaction Score
I thought I had run across the dumbest Red Sox fans throughout my years of dealing with them. It's good to know people don't let you down when you need a change at the top.

You've taken Red Sox "ignorance" to a level beyond expectations Towney, congrats on that. Now pat yourself on the back, admit you're an idiot when it comes to this topic, and move on. I'm saving you from yourself. ;)

Reaction Score
Barely 10 lbs. separate David Ortiz and Pablo. So he's a , too. Boog Powell. Miguel Cabrera carries the exact same playing weight.

So height matters nothing? Cabrera is 6' 5", and Sandoval is 5' 10".

Reaction Score
Yet here you are, posting on a message board worrying about whether a baseball player is fat or not. Glad that's not my money.

player's weight on the internet, so you should conceivably be able to read up on what a metric in baseball is, Mr. Gekko.

Yet here you are with me arguing just the same. And I'm glad my money isn't invested in your cute collegiate league team. 5th out of 6 teams last year and last place in 2014? I can assure I'm much better at my job than you are at yours.

And now I get while you were defending Sandoval's waistline. You might want to tighten up the privacy settings on your Facebook page, Tubby. You look like the love child of Ricky Gervais and Zack Galafinakis.

Reaction Score
So far this spring the Panda is 0 for 8 with two errors. Hard to believe with all the effort he put in.

Reaction Score
You've taken Red Sox "ignorance" to a level beyond expectations Towney, congrats on that. Now pat yourself on the back, admit you're an idiot when it comes to this topic, and move on. I'm saving you from yourself. ;)

Excellent job trying to refute any of my points.

So height matters nothing? Cabrera is 6' 5", and Sandoval is 5' 10".

In this case, no - but again. Pablo's hit when he was fat. He hasn't hit when he's fat. Probably because skill - rather than french fries. I know french fries well.

Yet here you are with me arguing just the same. And I'm glad my money isn't invested in your cute collegiate league team. 5th out of 6 teams last year and last place in 2014? I can assure I'm much better at my job than you are at yours.

First of all - it's hilarious that I got under your skin that much that you took so much time to try and find out more about me. I'm flattered, really. But I mean if a fat guy on a hoops forum talking baseball is going to rattle you that bad, your underpants must be pretty colorful bell to bell on a given day on the stock exchange.

If you're going to do digging, dig harder man, it's not hard. You're a money man. This is supposed to be your thing. Don't omit two national championships on me. I'm fat now, but once upon a time I danced on rainbows and women washed clothes on my abs.

And working in baseball isn't being a stock broker. It's not like you get to call yourself an expert by knowing tomorrow why the things you predicted didn't happen today. I'll own my record all day. But I've also got a record. You don't. Also have 24 kids drafted in two years and we've got six in the Majors. You know who else has a similar track record in college baseball?

So unless you've got something to say about Pablo Sandoval, you can go back to selling insurance policies to rednecks in their kitchens. Speaking of kitchens, being fat and food - this nutritionist also disagrees with you.

And now I get while you were defending Sandoval's waistline. You might want to tighten up the privacy settings on your Facebook page, Tubby. You look like the love child of Ricky Gervais and Zack Galafinakis.

Oof - fat jokes. Hey - if your wife would stop feeding me a buttered biscuit as a reward for every time I stuffed her, I'd be fine.

But honestly. I didn't say Pablo was good or would bounce back. I said he didn't suck due to his weight. He sucks due to his actual skill not being very conducive to being good. I'm still trying to figure out why that's so incomprehensibly hard for you to choke down. You haven't really tried to refute it - other than complaining that the actual metrics that point out why his performance was bad were too hard for you to understand. I told you. They're not hard. Figure out what they are and it makes sense.

There are lots of guys who suck, largely because they're... large. Pablo however, isn't one of them.

So far this spring the Panda is 0 for 8 with two errors. Hard to believe with all the effort he put in.

Oh boy, Spring Training. Harbinger of so many things to come.

How'd Jackie Bradley's .419 average in Spring Training work out in 2013? But here we are. Citing spring training statistics.

Reaction Score
Wow you go away for a week and think maybe someone will look at their posts and say "holy crap I'm an embarrassment to myself" instead they reach new freakin' heights.

Oh by the way Deep's not married, do your homework next time biscuit dude.;)

Reaction Score
Don't flatter yourself. It took a total of 3 clicks to be on your Facebook page. It wasn't like breaking into the Pentagon. And if you re-read any post I've put in this thread, I never said Sandoval stinks because of his weight. I said he showed up looking fat and that, after last season and the size of his contract, it gives off the appearance that he doesn't care.

Oh, and remember, I've seen what you look like. You're not stuffing anything other than your own face.

Reaction Score
Oh by the way Deep's not married, do your homework next time biscuit dude.;)

It's and internet forum and he says enough dumb things for me to not have to validate it with facebook photos. Research isn't needed.

Don't flatter yourself. It took a total of 3 clicks to be on your Facebook page. It wasn't like breaking into the Pentagon. And if you re-read any post I've put in this thread, I never said Sandoval stinks because of his weight. I said he showed up looking fat and that, after last season and the size of his contract, it gives off the appearance that he doesn't care.

No, you don't try to get to squiggle out.

I explained why his skill set had dropped off - which your retort was to basically say "Eh, I don't care about that because I want to complain about his fat' and drop a calculator joke. To which *of course* I was a dick back to you. That you really didn't like, so you decided to peep my Facebook, make some fat jokes and blow a hissy fit. But whatever. I promise to stop being a huge dick if you do.

To the point:

said he showed up looking fat and that, after last season and the size of his contract, it gives off the appearance that he doesn't care.

But he clearly does, as indicated by a lot of things - and actually *being in shape* is much more important than *appearing to be.*

Take for example - this guy:

kimbo.jpg

Who looks in shape. But clearly is not.

He started off 0 for 8. He's been hitting .363 since with 2 doubles and a HR. Even reached on an infield hit where he beat out the throw. Neither really mean anything. It's spring training. But it appears he's settled in just fine. Defensively - whatever. He's always been wildly inconsistent even though for some reason he's got a reputation for being pretty good. He's a 1.1 career DRS. That's kind of mediocre. He was atrocious last year - but was also *far* better than he had any right to be in 2011, as well. He's always been a -3.0-3.0 kind of guy. I expect he'll be more of that.

Reaction Score
Nope. Here's the only comment I made on Sandoval here. I'm not "squiggling out" of anything.

"This is all great stuff. I mean, I have no idea about his wFB or wFT...but don't you just think a guy that signed this contract and stunk as bad as he did last year should "look" like he's trying to show up to camp a little more serious about his job? Leave your calculator at home."

Nowhere did I say his weight would hinder his productivity in any way. Sorry, chubbs.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
"Over the course of three days, Farrell has sent a $72.5 and a $95 million contract to the bench in order to start two players making a combined $1.12 million." Johnny Carey, CBS Boston

Who takes the heat for that? The GM? The manager? The players? That a lot of sunk costs. No mind you, as a Yankees fan, I know the team I root for made very bad decisions (ARod!) and wonder how they could continue to operate. But this one is really going to be ugly.

Reaction Score
You have to be stone stupid to believe that this guy worked out 12 hours a day, six days a week.

There is zero chance that happened.

Look at him. After 72 hours a week working out, he should look like Mo Farrah. Instead he looks like he ate Mo Farrah.

Dammit, I agree with Fishy. At best it looks like he worked out 12 hours a month. At best. A disaster of a FA signing, and the writing was on the wall at the very beginning.

Reaction Score
"Over the course of three days, Farrell has sent a $72.5 and a $95 million contract to the bench in order to start two players making a combined $1.12 million." Johnny Carey, CBS Boston

Who takes the heat for that? The GM? The manager? The players? That a lot of sunk costs. No mind you, as a Yankees fan, I know the team I root for made very bad decisions (ARod!) and wonder how they could continue to operate. But this one is really going to be ugly.

I wonder how his wFT and wFB will suffer as a result of this move.

Reaction Score
This thread is fun. Normally you don't find a full scale moran like Towney on this board. Normally you have to go to the hoops board to find this level of moranity (a word I just made up, bwt)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This thread is fun. Normally you don't find a full scale moran like Towney on this board. Normally you have to go to the hoops board to find this level of moranity (a word I just made up, bwt)

Royals looked phenomenal today...

Reaction Score
I can't believe it took me until two days after opening day to read this classic message board thread.

I'm now rooting equally either for Sandoval to emerge svelte & carve up the league or to fall into a vat of lemon meringue pie.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Never has one human being lost an argument so convincingly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom