Samson Johnson is practicing | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Samson Johnson is practicing

Reaction Score
Which is a good example of why Samson will help if he's truly healthy, but is not really a good judgement of Karaban vs Johnson when Karaban didn't play in either scrimmageI
I’m not comparing the 2. I’m responding to someone who said Johnson wasn’t great at all during practices. Which may be correct but he was good enough in the Virginia scrimmage to get the Virgina coaches talking.

With that being said Karaban should not be playing 33 minutes a game with a healthy Johnson. Get those minutes down under 30 and he will be much more productive.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I really don't expect much from Samson besides energy.

This is going to be his first real action in 2 years and its coming off an injury in the heart of conference season. lol

Maybe he'll be ready to contribute by tournament time if Hurley gives him the leash to make mistakes. Cause there's going to be a lot of them I expect.

Reaction Score
I really don't expect much from Samson besides energy.

This is going to be his first real action in 2 years and its coming off an injury in the heart of conference season. lol

Maybe he'll be ready to contribute by tournament time if Hurley gives him the leash to make mistakes. Cause there's going to be a lot of them I expect.
This is where I come down. We're past the "make your mistakes" part of the season. Is Hurley going to let him make mistakes at St John's or at Seton Hall, middling teams that we absolutely need to beat on the road because we dug ourselves a hole already. The margin of error is now zero and there are still plenty of games left against teams that can beat us if we're not bringing B+ or better.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Maybe we need to think about it as a worst case scenario. Worst case scenario I'm thinking: 5 more fouls from a should be rotational player, energy, rebounding presence, rim protection, and a standing lob threat. This is definitely welcomed.

Reaction Score
AK and Sanogo are likely going to remain the starters but I’d like Hurley to stagger their substitutions so we can get those pairings for the 10 mpg or so that I think/hope Samson will get
Yup. I agree with this post. While we’re easing in Samson to help maximize his abilities, AK will get more favorable matchups and make him even better. A true win-win.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This is where I come down. We're past the "make your mistakes" part of the season. Is Hurley going to let him make mistakes at St John's or at Seton Hall, middling teams that we absolutely need to beat on the road because we dug ourselves a hole already. The margin of error is now zero and there are still plenty of games left against teams that can beat us if we're not bringing B+ or better.
Right, we could be looking at another Akok situation for the rest of this year as far as Samson goes.

Reaction Score
Samson only adds to the argument that our defensive scheme for ball screen defense should be to switch everything.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Samson only adds to the argument that our defensive scheme for ball screen defense should be to switch everything.
Play level like Kansas does.

Reaction Score
The only thing Hurley said is he practiced in live ball situations for the FIRST time on Friday.

Reaction Score
Yep and then there’s the posters who actually watched him in game action the last year and a game!:oops:
The total real game time is 17 mins vs Stonehill. His previous game time last year was in garbage time at the end of a rout.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Will be great to have our full roster back and ready to play.. Makes you wonder how good this team could/can be?? LOL

Reaction Score
The total real game time is 17 mins vs Stonehill. His previous game time.last year was in garbage time at the end of a rout.

He played last year that didn’t count? They tried to sneak him in during prime time a few times remind me of how that went?
Hence, garbage time!

Hey hope he improved I really do but I don’t get the talk of him being a savior that’s all. We’ve seen nothing to expect that albeit short stints.

Reaction Score
He played last year that didn’t count? They tried to sneak him in during prime time a few times remind me of how that went?
Hence, garbage time!

Hey hope he improved I really do but I don’t get the talk of him being a savior that’s all. We’ve seen nothing to expect that albeit short stints.

He was forced to play against Villanova when Adama got into early foul trouble. He was not strong enough to play the 5 and got bullied.

But that doesn't mean he can't be our savior. Lots of players make a huge jump between their freshman and sophomore years. For example, Hawkins is much improved over last year. Not quite our savior, but a very large improvement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom