Samson Johnson is practicing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Samson Johnson is practicing

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When Samson Johnson takes the court!!

The Original Series GIF by Star Trek

Reaction Score
He was starting over Karaban on day 1 for a reason. His offense might take until March to come along, but defense is 90% mental. He is supposed to be a great rim protector and rebounder; two of the things that we desperately need when Sanogo is the only big man out on the floor.
Karaban had an ankle issue. Wasn't that speculated?

Reaction Score
Yeah. Because karaban was injured. I hope nothing but the best from Samson. But he was not great during preseason practices. Karaban was.
Hurley is on the record saying that Samson was the 2nd best player in the scrimmage against Harvard (Hawkins was the best). Harvard isn’t a good team but they’re decent. We don’t need him to be our best player. We just need him to be an effective defender, rebounder, and to hit a couple 3s or get some easy put backs like he did against Stonehill

Reaction Score
If he is as good as advertised it’s a game changer .
The 2014 team took an exponential jump when Brimah emerged as a rim protector.
That simple change took a team from very good to great.
keeping my fingers crossed.
But can he play PG?

Reaction Score
I saw some projections from an independent analysis and Johnsons return is good for 4 or 5 lineup change related BY posts per game

Reaction Score
Yeah. Because karaban was injured. I hope nothing but the best from Samson. But he was not great during preseason practices. Karaban was.
Listen to Rob Dauster first podcast this season. Virginia coaches were only talking about Samson. Says he is a freak athlete and we’re impressed more by him.

Not saying he will help us much since it might take time but if he wasn’t hurt he would spell Karaban when he struggled.

Reaction Score
Listen to Rob Dauster first podcast this season. Virginia coaches were only talking about Samson. Says he is a freak athlete and we’re impressed more by him.

Not saying he will help us much since it might take time but if he wasn’t hurt he would spell Karaban when he struggled.
Which is a good example of why Samson will help if he's truly healthy, but is not really a good judgement of Karaban vs Johnson when Karaban didn't play in either scrimmage

Reaction Score
I, for one, am excited about our former top 60 PF recruit, and projected pre season rotation player returning. Best case scenario he contributes something, worst case we can survive without him. People are so negative.
I don't see any negativity, just cautiousness. Feel like people were burned by Akok's injuries and high expectations. I think it's a huge boost getting him back, but have no problem with people taking a wait and see approach

Reaction Score
I think a defensive rotation of Samson/Sanogo and Karaban/Clingan compliment each other extremely well.
AK and Sanogo are likely going to remain the starters but I’d like Hurley to stagger their substitutions so we can get those pairings for the 10 mpg or so that I think/hope Samson will get

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't see any negativity, just cautiousness. Feel like people were burned by Akok's injuries and high expectations. I think it's a huge boost getting him back, but have no problem with people taking a wait and see approach
I don’t wanna name people, because the back and fourth over a guy who hasn’t played isn’t worth it. But I think there’s some people who are convinced he won’t be a contributor already. And considering how well this staff develops players, I don’t understand their point of view.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom