Same old Notre Dame | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Same old Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Agreed. Computers can have some bias baked in, but aren't inherently biased like the committee is.
Condolezza Rice once watched an entire Super Bowl start to finish, including commercials. Her football credentials are phenomenal.

Reaction Score
Not consistent thought process. A&M kept out because they were blown out by Alabama but the fact that ND was blown out by Clemson later in the season doesn’t factor in,

Reaction Score
Alabama vs ND. Is the equivalent of ND vs Uconn. If im kelly my secret goal is to simply keep the score within 14.

Reaction Score
Some delusional Cinnci fans at the beginning of the season actually wondered if a 1 loss Ohio st team would be ranked higher then them. When the real question was would a 3 loss Florida team be ranked higher then there undefeated team.

Reaction Score
Looks like they are the two best teams...but don't sell the Buckeyes too short.
Ohio State got shredded trough the air by IU- can't wait to see what Clemson does....

Reaction Score
Cincy's best bet for the long term is just to keep exceeding expectations. They got more recognition in this abbreviated season than in their last two eleven-win seasons, and if they keep posting wins and playing for conference championships, they'll be ever more difficult to ignore. It's so unfortunate that Covid-19 and the B1G's aborted no-play stance precluded their playing Nebraska this year.

Meanwhile, Bryan Kelly demands that his assistant coaches hang around for ND's post-season, a rule he seems to have forgotten when he abandoned Cincy on the eve of its Sugar Bowl appearance and took his assistants with him to ND. As a result, Cincy was pretty much coached by graduate assistants when facing Tim Tebow's Florida squad.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Cincy's best bet for the long term is just to keep exceeding expectations. They got more recognition in this abbreviated season than in their last two eleven-win seasons, and if they keep posting wins and playing for conference championships, they'll be ever more difficult to ignore. It's so unfortunate that Covid-19 and the B1G's aborted no-play stance precluded their playing Nebraska this year.

Meanwhile, Bryan Kelly demands that his assistant coaches hang around for ND's post-season, a rule he seems to have forgotten when he abandoned Cincy on the eve of its Sugar Bowl appearance and took his assistants with him to ND. As a result, Cincy was pretty much coached by graduate assistants when facing Tim Tebow's Florida squad.
Although I agree that'll improve their chances, one loss will eliminate them every time. Its incredibly hard to out play the Alabama's, Clemson's, and Ohio State's of the world when you get out-recruited every year at every position. For the UCF's, Cincinnati's, Coastal Carolina's your best shot to make the playoff is a wildly horrendous P5 Season where there's multiple losses. You still need to run the table.

Reaction Score
Ohio State got shredded trough the air by IU- can't wait to see what Clemson does....
Justin Fields is overrated. So is college football. However, now ND has more reason to join the ACC.

Reaction Score
If Cincy goes undefeated next year and the committee doesn't put them in, well it's basically all over. They play @ Indiana and @Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati and Coastal Carolina might have made a good game...Cincinnati won their last two games by a combined 6 points, after all.

But Cincinnati vs Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Florida, Texas A&M...two TD underdogs.

Let's see how they do against Georgia...my prediction was Peach Bowl. And so it is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Early Vegas lines...

Bama -19 1/2 vs Notre Dame (no respect for Irish) (Vegas had them +10 against Clemson)

Clemson -7 vs Ohio State

Oklahoma -3 vs Florida

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Although I agree that'll improve their chances, one loss will eliminate them every time. Its incredibly hard to out play the Alabama's, Clemson's, and Ohio State's of the world when you get out-recruited every year at every position. For the UCF's, Cincinnati's, Coastal Carolina's your best shot to make the playoff is a wildly horrendous P5 Season where there's multiple losses. You still need to run the table.
IMO, this was the perfect season for a non P5 team to possibly make the playoffs. At least they should have been able to be in the conversation. Yet they weren't. Even with all of the COVID issues and Ohio St abbreviated season, they couldn't even crack the conversation. I'm not saying they should have been in the Top 4. But they shouldn't have been 8. That's a joke.

There's a reason I didn't watch a snap of CFB this season once UConn pulled the plug. It's the same reason I don't watch football all day Saturday anymore. It's just not interesting anymore when you have the same 4-5 teams who basically dominate the sport each year.

Reaction Score
IMO, this was the perfect season for a non P5 team to possibly make the playoffs. At least they should have been able to be in the conversation. Yet they weren't. Even with all of the COVID issues and Ohio St abbreviated season, they couldn't even crack the conversation. I'm not saying they should have been in the Top 4. But they shouldn't have been 8. That's a joke.

There's a reason I didn't watch a snap of CFB this season once UConn pulled the plug. It's the same reason I don't watch football all day Saturday anymore. It's just not interesting anymore when you have the same 4-5 teams who basically dominate the sport each year.

Well....look at the 7 ahead of cincinnati.....

....Alabama
....Clemson
....Ohio State
.....Notre Dame
....Texas A&M
....Oklahoma
....Floridea

A joke that Cincinnati might not be considered as powerful as these...or just a post of G5 angst?

I wouldn't put $50 to win $100 on Cincinnati over any of these teams straight up.

Reaction Score
And..I feel the same about the elites of Women's basketball...in the last 11 tournaments...Notre Dame and/or Connecticut has been in the Final 12 times. UConn six and Notre Dame six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom