Safe to Say 1 Player is Returning | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Safe to Say 1 Player is Returning

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
You really do want to give the new coach some flexibility to add some players of his choosing, and with more coaching changes to come, players will be available.
That being said, I never bought into the mass exodus mantra from the current roster.
Perhaps. But I’m having a tough time believing a new coach will be able to unearth much that’s better starting this late in the game. We saw how hard it was for Ollie et. al. to do it last year. The new guy can focus on class of 2019.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He would have to sit a year (unless they change transfer rules between now and November). His options are: UConn, G-League, Europe.
I’m 99% sure if a coach leaves before your final eligible year you’re free. See Alex Oriakhi.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No, that was only because they were banned from the NCAA tournament. They don't want a situation where a player in his last year wasn't able to play in the tournament by default.
Ah my bad. Let’s hope that’s not the case

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Perhaps. But I’m having a tough time believing a new coach will be able to unearth much that’s better starting this late in the game. We saw how hard it was for Ollie et. al. to do it last year. The new guy can focus on class of 2019.

There will be some decommits because of the job carousel and kids spooked by the NCAA infractions thing.

However, I think there might be more kids jumping this year out of worries they or their school could lose their eligibility. Then there'd be more schools hunting for players.

Reaction Score
Do you think they have a hunch who is stepping in? Hence the reluctance to leave during what seems to be a rebuilding year.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Do you think they have a hunch who is stepping in? Hence the reluctance to leave during what seems to be a rebuilding year.

Pretty sure they've read who the possibilities are

Reaction Score
Don't underestimate Williams & Diarra... Increase their bball iq with a competent coaching staff, these two have the ability to make great strides next year. The cupboard is not bare, with the proper coaching hire, we have the horses to hold our own in the AAC next year. And that's not wishful thinking, we just needed a new mindset/direction and that started yesterday morning

It’s rare that the coach can increase a players IQ it’s normally on the kid. I hope Diarra especially gets it eventually he could be a solid 4 year kid with that motor.

Reaction Score
I'm too old for Twitter and emojis. Could someone explain what this means?

I'm too old as well, but I've seen this emoji being used by the guys on instagram back and forth. I think maybe Kwintin and Adams were commenting it back and forth. my old man assumption means they've signed on to stay with the Huskies. "Signing the dotted line" so to speak even though there is literally no contract they could sign to guarantee they're in Storrs to stay

Reaction Score
I just hope these guys understand the type of work they need to put in to be winners. Yes a new coach can work wonders, but i want to see Jalen be the type of player that can put the entire team on his back. CV has to keep working on his shot and decision making... (toughness is already there)! And everyone else coming back needs to be putting in some serious work. There is nothing here but opportunity for these kids,but they have to take it!

Reaction Score
This would be great news. CV back is a solid start. He works hard, he has a nose for the ball, he wants to win, he has a lot of intangibles. There is a lot for a coach to work with.

Reaction Score
This would be great news. CV back is a solid start. He works hard, he has a nose for the ball, he wants to win, he has a lot of intangibles. There is a lot for a coach to work with.

I think he'a already become a better player, not sure who gets credit but this is a guy many of you thought of as a late addition with little impact. He did get a lot better, he works very hard and played very hard probably our best competitor on the floor for 40 minutes. Now he needs to become smarter on the court, make plays which are there for him and stop forcing things. I do believe he will, he had to believe he needed to make plays with this team because no one else stepped up so let's see how he does from here on in. Also I hope he can get Jalen to play 110% like him from the get go, after all CV is the actual leader.

Reaction Score
I'm too old for Twitter and emojis. Could someone explain what this means?

I think they know who’s stepping in to be the next coach... waiting for the papers to get signed to make it official (IMO).

Reaction Score
I think they know who’s stepping in to be the next coach... waiting for the papers to get signed to make it official (IMO).
Who do you think it is. I kind of know who it is but only guessing at this point

Reaction Score

I think it's basically all been arranged already. Maybe I am overly optimistic, but I am really looking forward to having a team that we can all get behind next season. A core of CV, JA, AG, SW, EC and JC would be a great start. I really hope Kisunas still comes to UConn. He may not be flashy, but he plays smart, winning basketball and has a nice touch down low. He is also pretty good at kicking it back out to an open shooter. I would be very happy to see Kisunas and Carlton develop together.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who do you think it is. I kind of know who it is but only guessing at this point
7E0CC5FB-61AC-469D-84D3-64468EF97C22.gif

Reaction Score
I think it's basically all been arranged already. Maybe I am overly optimistic, but I am really looking forward to having a team that we can all get behind next season. A core of CV, JA, AG, SW, EC and JC would be a great start. I really hope Kasunas still comes to UConn. He may not be flashy, but he plays smart, winning basketball.

I’m excited to see who our new coach will bring in for recruits as well. We have a couple of open spots that need to get filled hopefully by good talent and not a guy that barely played any minutes on a mid major program that gets the starting job

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom