Safe to Say 1 Player is Returning | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Safe to Say 1 Player is Returning

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He’s expected to ask the next HC for his release.

I was curious how many guys would do that.

Especially since Hurley’s uri class is pretty good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He’s expected to ask the next HC for his release.

Is he looking for that red shirt year or something? Does he not like the guys on the team? Or did he really like Ollie and crew?

Reaction Score
Just curious, this is the first I heard of it. Was this in another thread?
Thanks for the update. Hearing any others to follow? Polley?
Is he looking for that red shirt year or something? Does he not like the guys on the team? Or did he really like Ollie and crew?
He is a big Chillious guy. I haven’t heard that anyone else is transferring, but haven’t heard anything on Diarra or Polley at all. I like Carlton a lot so I hope he can be reeled back in, however, I’m not the only person who has heard he is on his way out.

Diarra (in my opinion) is doubtful to transfer since he has already redshirted.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Carlton is soft at all. I just think he’s unsure sometimes and thinks way to much when he gets the ball. That can come off as being timid or soft

Bottom line is I think he showed some flashes and has potential, but he is certainly replaceable and it’s not the end of the world if he leaves.

Reaction Score
I'm admittedly surprised as much of this team is willing to stick it out as they are. But that's a good thing. Contrary to popular belief around here, this all of a sudden isn't a total rebuild and with the conference where it's at - it might be a faster turnaround than some would think.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is I think he showed some flashes and has potential, but he is certainly replaceable and it’s not the end of the world if he leaves.
I think we get a bigger version of the same in athletic grounded player with no lift. I was ok with Carlton but not blown away. Can he be good. Sure. But not adrien good. Strength and confidence will come but I have rarely seen explosiveness off the floor emerge over 4 years.

Reaction Score
I think we get a bigger version of the same in athletic grounded player with no lift. I was ok with Carlton but not blown away. Can he be good. Sure. But not adrien good. Strength and confidence will come but I have rarely seen explosiveness off the floor emerge over 4 years.

He’s much taller than Adrien. I see a Roy Hibbert type without the jumper at this point. Soft hands, can put the ball in the hoop, potential to develop with his back to the basket. I’d love to see him be a threat from 15’ or more.

the Q

Reaction Score
He’s much taller than Adrien. I see a Roy Hibbert type without the jumper at this point. Soft hands, can put the ball in the hoop, potential to develop with his back to the basket. I’d love to see him be a threat from 15’ or more.

I'm not sure he has Hibbert's length or his IQ.

Despite having almost not explosion hibbert was an elite defender, not just in college, but the NBA. Which is just insanely impressive.

the Q

Reaction Score
Was thinking the same thing. Seems like already have a good crew coming back in Rique + JA (unconfirmed but seems likely), CV, Sid, Whaley, and Cobb. Diarra, Matthews, and Kisunas are the main 3 I want on top of that. With those 9 it’s:

G Jalen Adams
G Christian Vital
F Sid Wilson
F Isaiah Whaley
C Eric Cobb

Rique as the ballhandler off the bench,
Matthews at the wing off the bench
Diarra as the 4 off the bench
Kisunas as the center off the bench

I don't get all this love for Cobb.

He really didn't show much this year. He was still out of shape, and had some impressive skills compared to your average college center, but nothing earth shattering.

Does he start for any of the 11 seeds we just watched the last few nights?

I'd rather let Diarra and Whaley figure it out as long they can (with foul trouble) and then have guys like Cobb and Kisunas off the bench.

Reaction Score
That is a good thing. One of the few players that improved and always works hard. A coach that holds him accountable for his gunner mentality could turn him into an all-aac type player.

An old school program player!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom