Sad news regarding CAHusky | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sad news regarding CAHusky

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Make that 1,000,000,001

Sad news.

His last post, as far as I can tell:

RIP fellow Husky fan and BYer.
No, that was in February. He was posting regularly through September of this year.

This really sucks.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
His profile says only 100 messages. That can’t be right.

Reaction Score
It's kind of strange that many of us who have been on here for a long time know so much about other posters that you feel like you know them. We knew where CAHusky grew up, his story how he ended up at UConn, what his job was and where he lived, his past marriage, his dating habits, things he did like skiing, etc. Feels like I knew him well. Very sad to read about him passing away.

Totally. Always seemed like a guy I'd like to hoist a few with. I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen his name in a while. Unbelievably freakin' sad.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Crap. This man was absolute legend in this parts. Condolences to his family. Hope the dogs win one for him tonight.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
wheelerdog, do you have a link to his obituary? I'd like to read it. I met him at one of the Final Fours but I forgot his name.

It's kind of strange that many of us who have been on here for a long time know so much about other posters that you feel like you know them. We knew where CAHusky grew up, his story how he ended up at UConn, what his job was and where he lived, his past marriage, his dating habits, things he did like skiing, etc. Feels like I knew him well. Very sad to read about him passing away.
For this reason, I've made efforts to meet a fair number of Yarders in person, and I'm continuing to try to do it more and more-especially since DogBreath2U passed shortly after I had the pleasure of meeting him. With the exception of @Dove , I've enjoyed everyone I've met. Most recently had the pleasure of adding @Huskybass and @tentoes4rings to the list.

Really wish I had met @CAHUSKY. I mean, the man has pizza as his avatar!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Make that 1,000,000,001

Sad news.

His last post, as far as I can tell:

RIP fellow Husky fan and BYer.

Think it was an impossible burger post. Something about that makes me chuckle

Reaction Score
Shocked! I knew he was a diehard UConn fan and became a fan of University of Nevada. Hopefully both programs will continue to win a lot of games for him this year.

Reaction Score
Way way too young
RIP to a great poster and member of the BY family .
My condolences to the family.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Didnt know him but that's really sad. He was not much older than my sons. I enjoyed his posts, 2019 has been a generally crappy year in my life between unexpected deaths and difficult illnesses. He's the second or third BYer I know of this year. RIP.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
So sad to hear. He had a big impact on this community for sure.

Reaction Score
For this reason, I've made efforts to meet a fair number of Yarders in person, and I'm continuing to try to do it more and more-especially since DogBreath2U passed shortly after I had the pleasure of meeting him. With the exception of @Dove , I've enjoyed everyone I've met. Most recently had the pleasure of adding @Huskybass and @tentoes4rings to the list.

Enjoyed meeting you 8893, much more fun watching games out again with other passionate fans. Plus, that guy in front of us who kept slapping the stool next to him was hilarious to watch.

Very sorry to read about CAHusky. Condolences to his friends on here and his family. From the impact he clearly made on this board, he was obviously a great guy. RIP.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This is terrible - rest easy @CAHUSKY. Sending love to his family and all who knew him.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This is really terrible news. I always valued his input and really enjoyed his posts, especially when he would talk about Tahoe and his second love, the Nevada Wolf Pack. He had season tickets for them for a while. Every time I'd see a Nevada game on TV, I'd think of him and smile. I still will.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
RIP CaHusky
hope you will be watching tonight and you celebrate with the rest of us
my deepest condolences to your family and friends
too early to go

Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear this. Born in '68, like me. Unreal. Always enjoyed his posts, soccer stuff too.

Reaction Score

Need to have a year (this one lol) where there is a big game which we can find a middle place to meet and enjoy with some 'Yarders. Had a couple years ago at Rookies need to try again. Met a ton of old timers but would love to meet more and enjoy some Husky passion as we get back to where we expect to be. CAHUSKY is one I think I could've had some laughs and fun with no doubt. So sad!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Always enjoyed CAHusky's posts over many years. Will miss his insights and contributions. Peace to his family and those close to him.

Reaction Score
Wow I'm 49, so close to that age. I will turn 50 January 1. So sad to hear this news as I know CAHusky was a big poster on here and will be sorely missed. RIP!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Plus, that guy in front of us who kept slapping the stool next to him was hilarious to watch.
Funny, I forgot to tell you guys what happened when that dude first entered the bar. @August_West and @Dove hadn't arrived yet and I had no idea what you or @Huskybass look like. He came walking in with his UConn hoodie like a man on a mission and he gave me a knowing look, so I thought he was a Yarder and I leaned towards him as he was walking by and I said "Bass?" He looked at me like I was nuts, but then he must have figured I asked if he was a fan, because he finally said "Big fan. Wish I was in Charleston." Then he walked right by and I thought that was that. Well apparently he thought we bonded because he came back and started asking me which TV was going to have the game on, and then he started obsessing and going crazy like we saw. The frenzied hair scratching was something else.

So...I think my initial mistake made him latch on to us. I'm kind of amazed he doesn't post here--or maybe he does...

Reaction Score
I'm very sad to hear this. :(
Such a bright, passionate, successful, insightful and knowledgeable young man.
51 is way to early.
RIP Friend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom