Sad news about HuskyBill | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sad news about HuskyBill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Eli, please accept my condolences for the loss of your brother Bill. I will miss his off beat posts and good humor on this board. I had the honor of meeting him at a women's game after being introduced by another Boneyarder. He was a cool guy and will be missed..

Reaction Score
Rest in Peace HuskyBill !! You have the best seats in the house for all future UCONN games. God Bless!!

Reaction Score
R.I.P. Bill, your wit and humor will be missed, like a true husky you are and always will be a winner.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Isn't HuskyBill already at half staff?
(That one was in honor of HuskyBill. I hope he would have like it)

I was about to say: "is there any other way?" and, yeah, I think he'd a-liked that..

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Eli, thank you so much for sharing the sad news and his obituary. I find myself wondering what a conversation between him and my deceased mother would have been like. She was an avid sports fan, a librarian, and the other end of the political spectrum. I am guessing it would have been engrossing and entertaining and ......... rats, words are leaving me just now. My condolences to you and the rest of the Dunn family.

Reaction Score
So sorry for your loss Eli. Keep your happy memories of good times you shared with your brother forever close in your mind.

Reaction Score
RIP HuskyBill.

Driving to and between New Orleans and San Antonio on short turnarounds - That alone secures his place in Fan Heaven.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
So I just learned I was 41 days old when Bill was born. Hard to lose an age mate. Feels too soon. God bless.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
RIP HuskyBill and my deepest condolences to all of his friends and loved ones.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Bill, with his hand on my shoulder, and other Boneyarders in Bridgeport last year.

boneyard.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bill has been called to his 'eternal reward'. May we remember him in our prayers !

Reaction Score
May he rest in peace.

Of course this link would not let him, but I think he would understand...

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear of Bill's passing! His love of the Huskies was evident in all his posts!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ah, well.

I'm terribly sorry to read this, Eli.

I only met Bill twice and then for only a brief couple of moments - for some reason, I think the last time was up in Syracuse at least a decade ago.

He seemed a good egg.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Bill was an oft-needed voice of reason on here and all-around good guy by all accounts. So sorry for your loss, Eli.

Reaction Score
I always enjoyed his posts and the great sense of humor behind them. My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
So very sad to hear of him passing. Always enjoyed his posts and will miss them. May he rest in peace and may his family have peace and comfort in this very sad time

Reaction Score
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. Your sentiments are much appreciated. I posted the info as soon as I did because I knew he would have wanted me to. Bill loved posting here, and especially loved meeting Yarders at those pregame and halftime Yard meetings at Gampel and the XL. It was a part of his life that he really enjoyed. Best wishes to all

Eli

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said about enjoying reading Bill's take on things. To me, his cogent observations made sense and told it like it was -- they could cut through BS and show the craziness of people arguing incessantly in threads. So it's kind of ironic that the thread expressing universal sorrow and loss over Bill's passing is the only thread I can think of where everyone agrees.

Reaction Score
So sad. His quick wit and acerbic wisdom was outdone only by his gentle heart. My sympathies to you, Eli, and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom