Sad news about HuskyBill | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sad news about HuskyBill

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, and certainly OUR loss. My thoughts are with you and your family...

Reaction Score
What an elegant note by a Sister. Never having met Bill, this note and Nan's photo really helped to make him come alive for me. May Eli and the rest of Bill's family find some measure of comfort in their enduring fond memories of the man; our hearts certainly go out to you at this time of loss. Stay well.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Ah, terrible. There is certainly a big guy to dedicate the BY spirit to for the road ahead in the next few weeks. Win 6 for the hb-er.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
He and his posts will be missed. Condolences to you and family.

Reaction Score
Met your bro at the Games many times. Condolences to you Eli, will say prayers for him.

Reaction Score
Eli:

I met you many many years ago when I was a UCONN undergrad in the late 80s early 90's. I recall you were doing work for Husky Blue & White. I was a fan.

I'm very sorry to hear about HuskyBill. Seemed like a really nice guy.

R.I.P Husky Bill and May You Have Eternal Life With GOD.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wow and holy crap. I come over to catch up and read this very sad news. Bill was a looooooooooong-time Yarder and one of my favorite post likers. I knew he was a Meriden resident and seeing he was 71 and a Hillhouse grad he probably knew my aunt.

Deepest condolences to his friends, family and the Yard. Even if we never meet it is always hard to hear of the passing of a Yarder. Its exactly like losing a buddy.

Reaction Score
Hello all. I'm sad to say that my brother Bill Dunn, known to Boneyard residents as the sometimes charming, sometimes malevolent, but always interesting HuskyBill, died at home early this morning.

He was a great guy who loved all UConn sports passionately, but cherished the UConn Women's team most of all. Though he failed to live to see them win a 9th national championship, at least he was at the Final Four last year to see them win their 8th, and at the Mohegan Sun to watch them win the inaugural AAC Championship just last week.

The resident Gnome rides no more, but hopefully his memory lives on for many of you. I'm sure he would join me in saying "Go Huskies" as last words if he could.

Best wishes to all:

Eli Dunn
Meriden
March 15, 2014

So sorry to hear.May he rest in peace.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I was always too shy to speak to Bill when I dropped by the BY meetings at the XL. I loved his wit and humor in his postings, and thought someday I would work up to introducing myself. Very sad to hear of his passing. He had a lovely, lively mind. Deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom