S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 8 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone have access, ability to recap the State newspaper article on four targets of interest?
I couldn't really read the article but I saw the 4 players of interest are Morrow, Taylor, Paopao and Day-Wilson.

Reaction Score
Anyone have access, ability to recap the State newspaper article on four targets of interest?
Morrow (DePaul), PaoPao (Oregon), Day-Wilson (Duke) and Celester Taylor (Duke). Not much there except things previously reported elsewhere. No hint of insider information

Reaction Score
Morrow (DePaul), PaoPao (Oregon), Day-Wilson (Duke) and Celester Taylor (Duke). Not much there except things previously reported elsewhere. No hint of insider information
I really like the idea of PaoPao because she brings that 3-point threat which would be a great balance with Cardoso inside. I really think we need to build our offense around Cardoso this season and to do that we need to pull defenders out of the paint. Morrow could help with that as well since she is not afraid to shoot it from anywhere on the floor. Celeste and Day-Wilson would bring that defensive intensity we're used to but could be liabilities on offense, causing another year with guards sagging off their man and the 3-point line.

Reaction Score
It just says that we have been in contact with Morrow, Paopao, Day-Wilson and Taylor. Basically what we have all gleaned from social media. It does not appear to be any insider info.

FYI If you download the go gamecocks app you can read all gamecock related content from The State for free.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
State newspaper? Just my thought but the reason that we are on this forum is because we have each other. There is nothing the state can tell me about transfer targets or high School recruiting that I don't get here..
Facts. Some times I swear they get their article ideas from our posts here. Lol

Reaction Score
I really like the idea of PaoPao because she brings that 3-point threat which would be a great balance with Cardoso inside. I really think we need to build our offense around Cardoso this season and to do that we need to pull defenders out of the paint. Morrow could help with that as well since she is not afraid to shoot it from anywhere on the floor. Celeste and Day-Wilson would bring that defensive intensity we're used to but could be liabilities on offense, causing another year with guards sagging off their man and the 3-point line.
Taylor will shoot it ... she's streaky with it but she'll let it fly.

Reaction Score
Sakima Walker is currently visiting SC per Chloe Kitts insta story. 6’5” Juco product who played for Rutgers in 21-22.

Reaction Score
Sakima Walker is currently visiting SC per Chloe Kitts insta story. 6’5” Juco product who played for Rutgers in 21-22.
Screenshot_20230415_140829_Instagram.jpg

Reaction Score
Sakima’s number last season w/ NW Florida State College:
29.6 min/g
16.7 pts (59.8% FG)
8.2 rebs
1.4 ast
74.6% FT
52.6% (10-19) 3 pt

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
i think that would be a great pickup. We need a bigger post player - would give us 4 in the rotation and solidifies that spot for the next 2 years.

Reaction Score
Yes, yes we do need a big body post backup that Dan play a little.
She doesn’t look like a power post to me. More finesse. Excellent 3 pt and FG percentages. Has probably faced few bigs in JUCO. Most rebounds probably came from height not positioning.

I expect her to get pushed around a lot her first year. I’ll still take her but I consider her a project

Reaction Score
She doesn’t look like a power post to me. More finesse. Excellent 3 pt and FG percentages. Has probably faced few bigs in JUCO. Most rebounds probably came from height not positioning.

I expect her to get pushed around a lot her first year. I’ll still take her but I consider her a project
She has already played D1 Ball at Rutgers for Coach Stringer. If one has never seen her play- can one call her a project i am asking?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
She has already played D1 Ball at Rutgers for Coach Stringer. If one has never seen her play- can one call her a project i am asking?
She has a high ceiling, didn't really play alot of minutes her two years at Rutgers but showed some bright flashes, has a really nice faceup game. Really wished she had stayed at Rutgers but left due to academics, or so I heard.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen her play - tv of course. . I like her play but she’s not ready for Brink, Edwards, Reese, etc. she can give us some good minutes, but she hasn’t faced the level of competition at this

Reaction Score
I’ve seen her play - tv of course. . I like her play but she’s not ready for Brink, Edwards, Reese, etc. she can give us some good minutes, but she hasn’t faced the level of competition at this

I believe this is the only video of her playing on YouTube? Anybody on here who seen her play at Rutgers or in high school?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe this is the only video of our plan on YouTube? Anybody on here who saw her play at Rutgers or in high school?
At Rutgers, only snippets gleaned from a few Rutgers games on YouTube. The JUCO championship was on ESPNU but I can’t find it.

Reaction Score
She has a high ceiling, didn't really play alot of minutes her two years at Rutgers but showed some bright flashes, has a really nice faceup game. Really wished she had stayed at Rutgers but left due to academics, or so I heard.
Her transfer thank you letter addressed both her academics and her bout with depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom