S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 6 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only downside I can see with Morrow is that it could impact the other playing time of other post players not named Cardoso.
True but I also can see Watkins playing more minutes at the 5. Her athleticism at that position is what Dawn wants.

Reaction Score
The only downside I can see with Morrow is that it could impact the other playing time of other post players not named Cardoso.
To me, Morrow is a hybrid player, a 4 who can play some at the 3. Looks like she has a really good midrange. I don’t see her shooting 200+ 3’s. Maybe that number gets halved. And while 25% isn’t great, there’s no reason why she can’t get better. Beal shot 24% as a junior and finished at 38% this season.

What I really like is she’s a scorer who is not hesitant/afraid to take her shot, which has plagued some players at USC over the years. At 6’1, I feel she fits right in well as a replacement for Saxton, and at times, Beal as well.

Reaction Score
Dawn, Lisa, and Jolette are all now following Morrow on Twitter. I’m 100% sure they’re after her hard. If she visits SC these next few weeks I will feel even better. I know some of you have reservations about her, but if our staff is all in I think we should be as well!
I trust the coaches over my armchair analysis and will be happy to get her! This team definitely needs a dose of players who are unafraid to shoot the ball from anywhere on the floor.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So how are the Sandlappers doing a week afterwards? Do you think it will be safe for me to venture down to the upstate in late July for Panthers camp? What if I wear a Iowa T-shirt??? :eek::eek:

stir.gif

Something to keep an eye on.

Man naw... that can't happen...

Reaction Score
To me, Morrow is a hybrid player, a 4 who can play some at the 3. Looks like she has a really good midrange. I don’t see her shooting 200+ 3’s. Maybe that number gets halved. And while 25% isn’t great, there’s no reason why she can’t get better. Beal shot 24% as a junior and finished at 38% this season.

What I really like is she’s a scorer who is not hesitant/afraid to take her shot, which has plagued some players at USC over the years. At 6’1, I feel she fits right in well as a replacement for Saxton, and at times, Beal as well.
I don't disagree, this is how I saw her impact as well but I still feel as though her arrival could lead to a departure. But you never know, I thought Cardoso arrival would lead to a departure but they seemed to have made it work.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree, this is how I saw her impact as well but I still feel as though her arrival could lead to a departure. But you never know, I thought Cardoso arrival would lead to a departure but they seemed to have made it work.
They know we have to bring in an another 4/5 player and another experienced guard. I’m sure Dawn has addressed it like she did when she brought in Camilla. Sania Feagin and Raven are hosting visitors…..

Reaction Score
They know we have to bring in an another 4/5 player and another experienced guard. I’m sure Dawn has addressed it like she did when she brought in Camilla. Sania Feagin and Raven are hosting visitors…..
Please give more detail on your last sentence. Who are they hosting? Specific visitors? Or, are you saying they will host any visitors we will have this year?

Reaction Score
They did a tik tok with Shayanne Day Wilson so he's assuming they were hosting her.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith jumped up to my #1 want on the wishlist. We would jump back into the national title talk if we added her. A starting 5 of Johnson - Van Lith - Hall - Feagin - Cardoso would be lethal!
Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight
Hmmmm

Reaction Score
Is Betts’s ready to back up Cardosa for a year? PT seems to have been her (and her family’s) problem at Stanford but could she be satisfied with the same role Cardosa played when she transferred here as a sophomore? I could see her as a 15 minute backup to Cardosa her first year but is that enough?

Is the $25,000 minimum wage enough for her?

According to the Cardboard, her mom has expressed on social media that she would prefer her daughter play for a black female coach.

We were in her 9 “finalists” before she committed to Stanford.
I watched a lot of Stanford games last year and if playing time was an issue, which I hope not, there were quite a few games where Betts was getting 12-18 minutes a game, when she played. Of course, there were those 6–8-minute games as well. I wonder if there was some conditioning factors in the mix as well and that is why she didn't get a lot of playing time. Who knows. I just wish Betts well on whichever program she goes to.

Reaction Score
///////
I think she can transition to the wing. We don't need a 4 player per se . We need a one two combo at the SF slot with Chole Kitts .
Although I think Kitts will play some at 2 guard next year..

Reaction Score
I watched a lot of Stanford games last year and if playing time was an issue, which I hope not, there were quite a few games where Betts was getting 12-18 minutes a game, when she played. Of course, there were those 6–8-minute games as well. I wonder if there was some conditioning factors in the mix as well and that is why she didn't get a lot of playing time. Who knows. I just wish Betts well on whichever program she goes to.
According to the Cardboard, playing time was the number 1 issue. A lot of cites to statements by Brink's mom.

Reaction Score
///////

I think she can transition to the wing. We don't need a 4 player per se . We need a one two combo at the SF slot with Chole Kitts .
That's not what Kitts does and I'd think it would be obvious by now, but apparently it isn't.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
///////

Although I think Kitts needs to improve her foot speed to play often at the 3 (Dawn likes rangy quick wings), I was willing to listen to the argument about whether she’s a 3 or 4. I think she will spend time at both spots during her time at SC… I feel confident in saying that we will likely never see Kitts at the 2 unless Dawn is temporarily loading the floor with size.

Reaction Score
Happy for Victaria getting drafted. Wish she spent the last couple years working on a midrange game. Would give her a chance to make the league, without it I don’t see her making it out of camp. Hope I’m wrong.

Might still see Victaria on USC’s bench as a GA since she wants to go into coaching.

Reaction Score
Congrats to our ladies for getting drafted!

I wonder what is the record for most players drafted from one school in a single draft. 5 players has to be up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom