S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 31 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Early commitment or Dawn quickly finding replacement in the portal for Coop?

Reaction Score
^Now you could see these two things possibly being related.

If Cooper was aware of the new commit it might have changed her perception of future role.

Or it could be a reaction to Cooper's decision for USC to take someone from portal.

Or it could be unrelated.

Grad transfers and folks already in the portal are immediately eligible I think.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is a Uconn bored why do we have a S.C. thread. Fans now
You are on the General Womens basketball board now. The UConn only board is linked below

Reaction Score
TBS and GCC with articles today clarifying next season’s opponents for WBB. So for clarification purposes, here are the known non-conference opponents:

Notre Dame (11/6 - Paris)
@ N. Carolina (11/30 - SEC/ACC Challenge)
Utah (12/10 - Uncasville, CT)
vs UConn
vs Maryland
vs Stanford
vs South Dakota St.
vs Clemson

GCC also notes USC owes Charleston Southern a home game. Neither article mentions the likely match up against an HBCU that Dawn usually schedules.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because this is the General WBB board. This site has TWO wbb boards. One for UConn and one for the rest of us WBB fans. (Bless the site owners for their gracious hospitality.)

Look around. There’s an LSU thread, a Notre Dame thread etc
I’m not even sure how they ended up on this board or thread without realizing this.

Reaction Score
Madisen McDaniel ?
Hopefully we’ll find out soon
It’s kinda staring us straight in the face with Madisen wearing the #23 jersey at her photo/video shoot, which says to me possibly another reclassification within our basketball programs. If she’s the birdie, and she is reclassifying, I hope she comes in early enough to participate in the off-season program and training camp. If not, I hope she uses a redshirt and doesn’t burn a year mostly sitting on the bench during games like Kitts.

Reaction Score
This is a Uconn bored why do we have a S.C. thread. Fans now
The Boneyard is the closest we have to a National Message Board for WCBB. That is what makes this board unique, you can come here and get news on WBB from WCBB fans supporting all teams. The moderators have made it easy by providing a General Board but even before that board existed the main board welcomed WCBB fans from other teams so long as their post were not anti UConn. I am a Mississippi State fan but I feel more at home on this board than the Mississippi State Boards. The Boneyard moderators do a great job keeping this board clean and informative. As a non UConn Boneyarder I really appreciate the effort made by the owner and moderates of the Boneyard. Love you guys!

Reaction Score

Oh Lawd. It has been decades but I remember those humid, plus 95 degree days in Columbia.working construction was a nightmare. Working OUT is a frighteningly thought. Ugh in the amount of sweat.

Reaction Score
A few thoughts on the upcoming SEC team dynamics from a competitive point of view.

UT has upgraded their roster a good bit, even with the departure of Jordan Horston. Spears and Wells in their backcourt is a massive upgrade. If Keys comes back anywhere close to her sophomore form, they have a legit center. Jackson, well we know about her, AA potential obviously. Look for UT to make noise, esp since they have a much more manageable schedule for next season. My outlook is they are contenders in the conference, solid contenders and should have an excellent season.

LSU: Prohibitive conference favorites with additions of Hailey Van Lith and Morrow, not to mention game ready Williams in the freshman class. They also get SC at home. Look for the Lady Tigers to win the conference this year, they are loaded.

SC: Is it a rebuild or a reload? Gone is Boston, Cook, Beal, Saxton and Amihere. That was the core nucleus of a four year run that will be hard to replicate. But there is some room for optimism, as the floor leader Johnson returns and so does Cardoso at the center position. Cardoso will be the starting center now and if her production per minutes played carries over to starter minutes, she is a likely AA candidate. The big question here is if 5 star youngsters Feagin and Watkins can be prime time given 30 plus minutes per game. PaoPao will replace Cook at SG, and should bring more consistency from three point range. Hall is a likely starter and based on what we have seen so far she is ready for the challenge on the wing. Fulwiley is the potential game breaker, even as a true freshman, highest ceiling on the team, definite conference freshman of year candidate. Look for SC to remain elite, but not at last year’s level obviously. Top 3 SEC.

Ole Miss: After the three mentioned above, OM is close, very close. Potential to crack top three. Dangerous opponent, coached well and added nice players. If they figure out the offensive side, they will go far again.

aTm: Likely the biggest improvers in conference from last season, could pull some big upsets, tourney team in 2024. A team to watch this year, Barker is going to be special, and they have recruited well around her. Might challenge OM for that 4th spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom