S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 28 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The word "south" was used by the Utah coach and she may have been talking about the grossly permissive laws that were passed by states like Fla and La. LSU isn't operating on SEC rules, it's their state legislature.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Cut it out... yall got WAY too many PG's already. The pic below ain't a good look.

View attachment 89189
LOL, you just don’t want us to get anybody out of the class huh?

FWIW, there are a lot of very good point guards in the ‘24 class and they’re not going to the same school.

Cambridge
Olson
McDaniel
Jones
McMiller
Harmon
Prince

.. and that’s not everybody. Most are still uncommitted. If you want a PG, this is the year to get one.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
When does Coach Staley release the non-conference schedule? Does she respond to emails?

Expecting a Duke offer for Hall any day now… since they’re also one of those schools that loves to offer players after SC offers. :cool:

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
LOL, you just don’t want us to get anybody out of the class huh?

FWIW, there are a lot of very good point guards in the ‘24 class and they’re not going to the same school.

Cambridge
Olson
McDaniel
Jones
McMiller
Harmon
Prince

.. and that’s not everybody. Most are still uncommitted. If you want a PG, this is the year to get one.
Olson is commited to Michigan. McMiller does not have an offer.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Olson is commited to Michigan. McMiller does not have an offer.
I know, I said "most" are uncommitted, but the point of the OP is just the sheer number of good point guards in this class.

Reaction Score
The $100k is a real thing. Also, SEC Football revenue is driving the NIL escalation for non revenue sports and a sport like WBB benefits. ...but Football recruits are not getting a $100k per year [most instances] if they are not elite. The whole concept of the recruting pitch-we will guranteee you $100k in NIL is problematic for all NCAA Sports in my opinion.

By rule, the SEC revenue can't be used for NIL, so it is LSU donors driving the train.

Let's look at it as it is: boosters paying players is the norm. It was obvious that is where NIL would go.

So no real need to shade the payments. The schools with the people who have the most money to light on fire will win.

Reaction Score
By rule, the SEC revenue can't be used for NIL, so it is LSU donors driving the train.

Let's look at it as it is: boosters paying players is the norm. It was obvious that is where NIL would go.

So no real need to shade the payments. The schools with the people who have the most money to light on fire will win.
@GamecockFan 77 : In all honesty, its a real thing. The offers up to $100k being floated out by LSU WBB to certain elite players .Money does not have to come from school conf. revenue. It could be through the LSU Booster Club as you suggested or singularly from a wealthy booster. The $$ in the LSU model for recruits is not driven by a corporation coming in and saying, “we want you to represent our product". The product to reprsent is then found latr to justify the $100k NIL deal. That's the issue that I personally have with the LSU model. I guess this is the point I say alleged payments. In my opinion this is not rumor as I have heard a lot of reputable people close to AAU comment on this. As a thought-the comment by the Utah head coach who said specifically-we cannot compete with LSU NIL. What do you think she meant by that ?

Reaction Score
@GamecockFan 77 : In all honesty, its a real thing. The offers up to $100k being floated out by LSU WBB to certain elite players .Money does not have to come from school conf. revenue. It could be through the LSU Booster Club as you suggested or singularly from a wealthy booster. The $$ in the LSU model for recruits is not driven by a corporation coming in and saying, “we want you to represent our product". The product to reprsent is then found latr to justify the $100k NIL deal. That's the issue that I personally have with the LSU model. I guess this is the point I say alleged payments. In my opinion this is not rumor as I have heard a lot of reputable people close to AAU comment on this. As a thought-the comment by the Utah head coach who said specifically-we cannot compete with LSU NIL. What do you think she meant by that ?

I guess my question is what did you expect?

This was always how it would go once the floodgates opened.

I can't imagine ever lighting that much money on fire to try and win at college sports, but some people have nothing better to do and no higher aspiration I guess.

I'll also say that USC has collectives that pay players for nothing more than playing at Carolina aside from some made up personal appearances and radio spots.

LSU has more money to spread around apparently, but that's the game now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds