S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 27 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’m at Coker College today for an Elite camp that features the HS where I coach and Joyce Edwards’ Camden squad. Coincidentally we’ll be playing them in the first game. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen Joyce play but it will be the first time I get coach against her. Excited for the opportunity. I’ll give an update after.

@Creature @Cockygirl well fortunately for my squad Joyce is at U19 getting prepared to go to Spain, however her HS squad is still very good without her. We lost 56-39 and they have a 8th grader(rising 9th grader) by the name of Braylin Mungo who’s going to be very good as if she isn’t already! I think she had 20 against us and the coaches Daughter couldn’t miss a 3Pt shot. We ended up beating Summerville and St. James in our final two contests. We were by far the smallest school there so I’m satisfied with the outcome. We are 1A while Camden was the second smallest school as a 3A, all the others were either 4A or 5A. We’re back at it tomorrow at Coastal Carolina’s team camp.

Reaction Score
@Creature @Cockygirl well fortunately for my squad Joyce is at U19 getting prepared to go to Spain, however her HS squad is still very good without her. We lost 56-39 and they have a 8th grader(rising 9th grader) by the name of Braylin Mungo who’s going to be very good as if she isn’t already! I think she had 20 against us and the coaches Daughter couldn’t miss a 3Pt shot. We ended up beating Summerville and St. James in our final two contests. We were by far the smallest school there so I’m satisfied with the outcome. We are 1A while Camden was the second smallest school as a 3A, all the others were either 4A or 5A. We’re back at it tomorrow at Coastal Carolina’s team camp.
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction Score
Does not seem that LSU players Morrow and Flau'jae mde the final Olympic qualifying roster.

Reaction Score

Easy to throw out accusations without naming names Or specific instances. How do you break rules when there aren’t any? I mean, LSU just got their hand slapped for some pretty serious stuff.

Reaction Score
Easy to throw out accusations without naming names Or specific instances. How do you break rules when there aren’t any? I mean, LSU just got their hand slapped for some pretty serious stuff.

I didn't take it as she's saying the SEC are breaking rules, but the conference has figured out a way to leverage NIL best out of all the conferences, which seems to be the case from what I've observed regardless of sport.

Regarding the tampering comment, she isn't the first coach who has made this statement. On a personal level, I have friends with kids in D1 who have been approached via DMs themselves. It's happening in the background and it's not limited to the SEC. I recall posters have mused about this in the transfer thread.

Reaction Score
I didn't take it as she's saying the SEC are breaking rules, but the conference has figured out a way to leverage NIL best out of all the conferences, which seems to be the case from what I've observed regardless of sport.

Regarding the tampering comment, she isn't the first coach who has made this statement. On a personal level, I have friends with kids in D1 who have been approached via DMs themselves. It's happening in the background and it's not limited to the SEC. I recall posters have mused about this in the transfer thread.
The tampering maneuver has always been to contact a person affiliated with said player. As far as Coach, I think she lumped all the SEC in with the crazy $ LSU is offering players with no brand. $100k a year creates an unfair playing field in terms of-offering an inducement to sign with LSU . In her mind in this scenario [albeit NIL is legal]-I beleive coach beleivs the rules are being broken. The Market should create the NIL $ and not the school as an inducement to sign.

Reaction Score
The tampering maneuver has always been to contact a person affiliated with said player. As far as Coach, I think she lumped all the SEC in with the crazy $ LSU is offering players with no brand. $100k a year creates an unfair playing field in terms of-offering an inducement to sign with LSU . In her mind in this scenario [albeit NIL is legal]-I beleive coach beleivs the rules are being broken. The Market should create the NIL $ and not the school as an inducement to sign.

Disagree re lumping the SEC. Still see it as the conference got out ahead of others to get things in place for NIL. Some schools did a better job than others but SEC has deeper pockets for various reasons.

Haven't bought into the $100K LSU theory personally. Maybe they have better strategies to help athletes leverage opportunities, but I struggle with that amount without any proof that's the case.

That's a significant investment without any gaurantee of a return for unknown prospects, with all due respect to the incoming LSU recruiting class. None of them have captured national attention along the lines of Clark, Beuckers, Fudd, Hailey Van Lith, Johnson or Watkins prior to playing NCAA basketball.

Reaction Score
Disagree re lumping the SEC. Still see it as the conference got out ahead of others to get things in place for NIL. Some schools did a better job than others but SEC has deeper pockets for various reasons.

Haven't bought into the $100K LSU theory personally. Maybe they have better strategies to help athletes leverage opportunities, but I struggle with that amount without any proof that's the case.

That's a significant investment without any gaurantee of a return for unknown prospects, with all due respect to the incoming LSU recruiting class. None of them have captured national attention along the lines of Clark, Beuckers, Fudd, Hailey Van Lith, Johnson or Watkins prior to playing NCAA basketball.
The $100k is a real thing. Also, SEC Football revenue is driving the NIL escalation for non revenue sports and a sport like WBB benefits. ...but Football recruits are not getting a $100k per year [most instances] if they are not elite. The whole concept of the recruting pitch-we will guranteee you $100k in NIL is problematic for all NCAA Sports in my opinion.

Reaction Score
@cancontent I jhad to look it up..the NIL Pkg. at SCar is around 25k in planned endorsements. Our clearinghouse is a PR firm named Everett Sports Management [same firm for the Cavinder Twins] . Our structure is that the PR firm goes out and secures the deals for the Athlete [Athlete signs there as a client] and the Athelete attends the promotion when called upon. They also assist in deals outside the standard package. e.g Spencer Rattler national endorsements. They do not get the $25k just for signing as I allege in the LSU Model. . After they attend the promo-the $25k is earned over time.

Reaction Score
5ft5? She looks taller than the ESPN Bio. . coach Staley is like 5ft5. She is taller than her...
I think she's taller too. They had Milaysia Fulwiley listed at 5'6 but she's actually 5'8 now. so I guess they done updated they heights.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Only if your trolling is humorous

5196440.jpg

I never troll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors