Rock Songs | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Rock Songs

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yeah, when my daughter started getting into "alternative", I started listening to that the the Alt channel a little bit. There is a new one called PopRocks which plays pop/rock of the last 10 years or so. Mostly stuff I missed, and some more current things. I like the Lumineers and Of Monsters and Men, along with a few others.

I actually saw OMAM last year. Nanna seems like the happiest kid in the world. And a unique clipped way of singing. My wife was surprised to learn that pot these days smells like skunk. I don't even think we were the oldest ones there. Not sure if they have staying power, but it was a different and appealing sound.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The Loft is by far my favorite and the most eclectic; it's basically free-form and dependent solely on the whims of the DJs, who are among the best in the business imo. Deep Tracks plays a lot more of the classic album rock that I love than either Classic Rewind or Classic Vinyl, both of which tend to focus more on the hits.

I basically follow Meg Griffin around the dial. She does the morning show on Deep Tracks and the afternoon show on the Loft. She also does occasional spots on Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl and even the Springsteen and Petty channels.

Speaking of which, the Petty channel and Little Steven's Underground Garage are both excellent, and both among my six presets on my first screen.

Pleasant surprise for me has been Outlaw Country, which plays more Americana/Alt Country than anything else.
Those were among my presets when Lady Hans had a 3-month trial with her new car.

My latest fun is voice-ordering up TuneIn radio stations on Google Home, as well as Spotify and items from a large personal Google Music library. I get to change my mind all over the place, and get surprised and shift my joy from one room to another.

But mostly I popped into this thread in advance of this year's Rock & Rock Hall of Fame induction ceremony to report on listening today to three consecutive remastered expanded-edition Moody Blues albums. From ages 16-18, I logged enough time with "Days of Future Past," "In Search of the Lost Chord," and "On the Threshold of a Dream" to still be able to whistle flute parts, remember bass lines, and offer guitar fills. Nonetheless, as I'd anticipated when my client made the honored request, it was dreadful. Thanks guys for early exposures to orchestrations, cosmic poetry and the great "Aum," but absolutely no.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Really enjoy this thread. Looking for semi overlooked classics for my band to cover.

We do a couple that were mentioned here and Hymn 43 by Jethro Tull.

Here is a list of alternative era tunes that were overlooked.

Blind Melon - Wilt
moe- Timmy Tucker
Morphine- All Wrong
Soundgarden- Blow Up the Outside World
Alien Ant Farm- Universe
Spin Doctors- Shinbone Alley/Hard to Exist

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really enjoy this thread. Looking for semi overlooked classics for my band to cover.

We do a couple that were mentioned here and Hymn 43 by Jethro Tull.

Here is a list of alternative era tunes that were overlooked.

Blind Melon - Wilt
moe- Timmy Tucker
Morphine- All Wrong
Soundgarden- Blow Up the Outside World
Alien Ant Farm- Universe
Spin Doctors- Shinbone Alley/Hard to Exist

Obviously you need to try to cover “Miracles”

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Has anyone listened to a new band named Greta Van Vleet? The lead singer is a dead ringer vocally for Robert Plant.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Has anyone listened to a new band named Greta Van Vleet? The lead singer is a dead ringer vocally for Robert Plant.

Yes. I've seen a bunch of videos.

He is a dead ringer for timbre. But the music seemed to be missing something. Sounding like Plant raises expectations across the board.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yes. I've seen a bunch of videos.

He is a dead ringer for timbre. But the music seemed to be missing something. Sounding like Plant raises expectations across the board.

maybe the ultra slopiness of slopmeister Jumbled Jimmy?

Reaction Score
Presidents of the Unites States of America - Peaches
Hansen - mmmbop
LFO - summer girls
Limp Bizcut- nookie
Deep Blue Something- Breakfast at Tiffany’s

Bonus song:
Smash Mouth - All Star

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Aug, not a Zep fan ?
I like zep well enough. Wrote some fantastic songs.
I like busting tdrinks stones. It’s a long running conversation.
And yes page is not my cup of tea. Not at guitar god status at least.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Neil Young - Don't let it get you down
David Bowie - Rock N Roll with Me
Nick Lowe - So It Goes
Public Image Ltd. -Rise
Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored
Going Underground - The Jam

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online