RJ Cole to UConn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

RJ Cole to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’ve definitely heard reference to “change of pace” & decelerates

Reaction Score
It's been used in basically every article written about Harden this season in an effort to explain why a guy who looks sort of chubby and out of shape is so dominant, so it was only a matter of time before someone on the Boneyard started throwing it around.
Imagine how good he would be if he wasn't so fat and unathletic.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched a ton of tape on him yet, but this kid reminds me of a left handed Bazz! He has that swagger and plays with a chip on his shoulder just like Napier.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched a ton of tape on him yet, but this kid reminds me of a left handed Bazz! He has that swagger and plays with a chip on his shoulder just like Napier.

He seems to play a little more carefully than shabazz but still with craft and touch. I'm thinking hes more of an AJ Price type of player...which would be great also.

Reaction Score
I'm extremely excited for RJ. He's only one month older than Precious, yet has already scored 1500 points at the D-1 level. As @tcf15 tweeted out he has the 8th highest scoring freshman year of all time, and his numbers jump off the page. He'd be highly sought after if was held back + prepped like other top recruits tend to do.

Reaction Score
Eight years of no St. Anthony guys and now two in two years for Dan. Time was running out!

R.J. is a great guy and a very solid pick-up to eventually round out a great group of guards. This season, I love the idea of him as an experienced guy who, as a practice player, will push the other guards and serve as a mentor for guys like Adams, Bouknight, and Gaffney. That’s a foursome that will not be outworked. Jalen and James are going to have some frustrations as freshmen and having R.J. as a resource will be a help. Sometimes that guy who’s sitting out can provide some important insight and perspective to his teammates.

Reaction Score
The flip side of all this, of course, is that we will have 11 scholarship players next year (as things stand now). If that number includes Diarra, we're dangerously close to starting the season with 10. Which puts is in all sorts of trouble the moment anyone suffers even a minor injury or catches a cold.

Reaction Score
The flip side of all this, of course, is that we will have 11 scholarship players next year (as things stand now). If that number includes Diarra, we're dangerously close to starting the season with 10. Which puts is in all sorts of trouble the moment anyone suffers even a minor injury or catches a cold.
Diarra doesn't have basketball in his future, he'll be on a scholarship other than bball. The question is do we use the scholarship on a big for this year, use it on a very good player like Ntambwe who can't play until the following season like RJ, or take the best available talent who can play right away regardless of position.

Reaction Score
Diarra doesn't have basketball in his future, he'll be on a scholarship other than bball. The question is do we use the scholarship on a big for this year, use it on a very good player like Ntambwe who can't play until the following season like RJ, or take the best available talent who can play right away regardless of position.

Same point, isn't it? If you're taking a transfer who can't play, and Diarra is retiring, then you're still down to 10 scholarship players nexxt year. If you don't care if you're good or decent, fine I guess, but it's a very risky formula to go into a season with that few players because your roster only shrinks from there.

Reaction Score
Same point, isn't it? If you're taking a transfer who can't play, and Diarra is retiring, then you're still down to 10 scholarship players nexxt year. If you don't care if you're good or decent, fine I guess, but it's a very risky formula to go into a season with that few players because your roster only shrinks from there.
Yes, I'm just giving you our options. Diarra won't be playing, we'll either go into next season with 11 players who can play games next season or 10 players who can play games next season depending on what the staff does.

Reaction Score
If by "overrated" you mean "big stiff", I agree.
And not all stiffs, but just one opinion yet UConn really has not had a huge difference maker of a transfer

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You speak of him in the past tense. Is he dead?

His nickname...the Morris Mountain.
Ever since I found out that he only lists playing for Kentucky and not UConn, he's been dead to me. ;)

Seriously I went to school with Chuck and he was great guy. I'm not sure what his deal is with UConn.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Ever since I found out that he only lists playing for Kentucky and not UConn, he's been dead to me. ;)

Seriously I went to school with Chuck and he was great guy. I'm not sure what his deal is with UConn.

He won a natty at Kentucky under Joe B. Hall. If he was disenchanted enough to leave Kentucky after his freshman year, it seems weird that he now only acknowledges having played there. Somebody in Storrs must have pissed in his Cheerios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom