RJ Cole to UConn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

RJ Cole to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He’s not very explosive. Good shooter. MEAC is pretty bad basketball. Hopefully he gets more athletic in the year off.

We once had a guy from D3 that helped out.

Reaction Score

Anyone catch this at the end of the official announcement from UConn?

Cole will join incoming guards James Bouknight (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and Jalen Gaffney (Columbus, N.J.) as newcomers to the UConn program this year, combining with nine returning players on the Huskies' roster.

That makes 12 scholarships, which is what UConn has next year due to docking themselves 1 scholarship. So does that mean no other big guy in this class? Maybe Carlton can just play every minute of every game. :)

Reaction Score

Anyone catch this at the end of the official announcement from UConn?

Cole will join incoming guards James Bouknight (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and Jalen Gaffney (Columbus, N.J.) as newcomers to the UConn program this year, combining with nine returning players on the Huskies' roster.

That makes 12 scholarships, which is what UConn has next year due to docking themselves 1 scholarship. So does that mean no other big guy in this class? Maybe Carlton can just play every minute of every game. :)

The MD thing isn't public yet even if it is true. Not surprising that the article doesn't mention that.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm reading into this too much, but sounds like they are not going to try and apply for / do not expect to get a waiver for Cole?
No, he's gonna sit 1 and play 2.

Reaction Score
Is there some sort of risk or reason to not apply for the waiver? Only reason I can see not to is if you really felt strategically it made sense for him to sit, mentor and not eat up another upperclassmen’s minutes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mike McKay, state kid from Harding High, was also on the team. Pure scorer in HS who ended up having a decent collegiate career.UConn had a nice team during the Alexinas, Thompson ,McKay years.

My first all-time favorite Husky. Loved pretending to be McKay when I was a littlin'.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Perno stole the ball from Bill Bradley. Everything flows from there.

QUOTE="CL82, post: 3158731, member: 44"]
That moment is probably why Perno became coach at UConn. Great moment, great guy, bad coach though. He never seemed to develop anyone.
[/QUOTE]

So, Phil Nolan is going to be a UConn coach?

Reaction Score
My first all-time favorite Husky. Loved pretending to be McKay when I was a littlin'.
I also liked him a lot and was happy when he chose UConn. I grew up a couple of towns north of Bridgeport and always followed the Harding box scores and articles in the Bpt. Post. He played when Harding dominated HS ball in the state. If my memory is correct I believe played with John Bagley and Wes Mathews among others.

Reaction Score
Would be nice to have him next year. But I'm expecting tournament runs starting in 2020 and having 2 years of Cole for that will be nice

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
QUOTE="CL82, post: 3158731, member: 44"]
That moment is probably why Perno became coach at UConn. Great moment, great guy, bad coach though. He never seemed to develop anyone.

So, Phil Nolan is going to be a UConn coach?
[/QUOTE]
Tate George?

Reaction Score
I also liked him a lot and was happy when he chose UConn. I grew up a couple of towns north of Bridgeport and always followed the Harding box scores and articles in the Bpt. Post. He played when Harding dominated HS ball in the state. If my memory is correct I believe played with John Bagley and Wes Mathews among others.
Yes. I played against that team. It was ugly early.

Reaction Score
Also, I wouldn't call playing 16 games and shooting 33% NBA "talent". That's a cup of coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom