RJ Cole to UConn | Page 11 | The Boneyard

RJ Cole to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NBA talent is whatever level of talent it takes to make it to the NBA. Seems crystal clear to me.
Nonsense. Ed was competing for playing time against Hilton Armstrong, Rudy Gay, Jeff Adrien, and Josh Boone. The years that UConn led the NCAA in shotblocking, and was rarely outrebounded in ANY game. Was ACC rookie of the year. Who was Purvis competing against for playing time? Again, who was Purvis competing with for playing time??? That’s right. The truth is that Nelson would have better served UConn basketball any of the last 4-5 years than “Ferrari” Purvis.

Reaction Score
Nonsense. Ed was competing for playing time against Hilton Armstrong, Rudy Gay, Jeff Adrien, and Josh Boone. The years that UConn led the NCAA in shotblocking, and was rarely outrebounded in ANY game. Was ACC rookie of the year. Who was Purvis competing against for playing time? Again, who was Purvis competing with for playing time??? That’s right. The truth is that Nelson would have better served UConn basketball any of the last 4-5 years than “Ferrari” Purvis.
Oh, I forgot Charlie.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

What does being good enough to play in the NBA have with who your teammates were in college?

Reaction Score
What does being good enough to play in the NBA have with who your teammates were in college?
See my original post. Ed Nelson was kept on the bench by a monster frontcourt. Purvis? Lol. I’d take Rashad, Denham, and Rashamel over Purvis anyday.

Reaction Score
See my original post. Ed Nelson was kept on the bench by a monster frontcourt. Purvis? Lol. I’d take Rashad, Denham, and Rashamel over Purvis anyday.
Also, I repeat, a physical lunch-bucket type like Ed would have served UConn basketball better the last 4-5 years than Purvis. Care to argue that one? Ed would have averaged at least 10 and 8 on those teams.

Reaction Score
As frustrating as Purvis was I would take him in a heartbeat over Mouring.
Why? Mouring averaged more points, better 3p% and FG% in less minutes on a better team against better opposition. Do explain the “in a heartbeat”.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

12209213.jpg

Reaction Score
Why? Mouring averaged more points, better 3p% and FG% in less minutes on a better team against better opposition. Do explain the “in a heartbeat”.

I admittedly didn’t read the whole thread but are you talking one season or careers?

Reaction Score
Also, I repeat, a physical lunch-bucket type like Ed would have served UConn basketball better the last 4-5 years than Purvis. Care to argue that one? Ed would have averaged at least 10 and 8 on those teams.
Purvis averaged from 11 to 14 PPG all three years.
In 2016-17 he was second in scoring , rebounds ,and assists.
He was usually the second or third option so defensively they were very aware of him. I think his injury on a dunk along with RB’s in 2014-15 cost that team an NCAA bid. He was a key member of the 2015-16 NCAA team that won 25 games and really Adams first option on the depleted 2016-17 team
We really have zero idea what any of those situational players would do if given that big a big role. Of course they would have helped some of the depleted rosters we’ve had. It the off season so .speculate.
But Rod was a great athlete with marginal ball skills who could shoot and run the floor.and his athleticism allowed us to play him extensively as an undersized three. He would have or would be starting at the 2-3 last year or next .
Putting him down or saying a guy who was a situational player is better is pure bull.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Must be sleeping. Dude could not make layups and he couldn't shoot, other than that.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Me too. I’ll check the pizza and you check the beer thread.

Reaction Score
Ed Nelson was subpar. Telling me how good his team was does not change that

Reaction Score
Does that mean he wasnt subpar when he played?
He wasn't subpar, he's a good player who was stuck behind Charlie Villanueva, Rudy Gay, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, and Jeff Adrien etc. while he was here for two years.

Reaction Score
He wasn't subpar, he's a good player who was stuck behind Charlie Villanueva, Rudy Gay, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, and Jeff Adrien etc. while he was here for two years.
Kid played less than ten minutes a game and was totally unimpressive in those minutes in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom