RJ Cole to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

RJ Cole to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Would love to get this kid on the court this year but we will definitely need him after CV leaves and who knows about AG’s fifth year. Huge for 20-21 season

He has no chance at a waiver.

There’s zero chance he plays this season.

Reaction Score
I mean, yea, obviously. Although I disagree strongly I have already seen us in a reputable top 25 for next year.
I think team will struggle more next year than this year - no Jalen and a bunch of new freshman learning and getting experience. 20-21 they just lose Vitale. Meanwhile these new guys will all have experience and another experienced guy joins them. I think 20-21 will be our year to at least make the tourney.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
the good thing about this is that he will have 2 yrs and be good for the young guys
welcome to Guard U
he definitely has some talent- would have been nice to fit in where Jalen left this coming season

Reaction Score
Not trying to jump on your post at all but we need to get this "scared about playing time" narrative out of our heads. Memphis cleared out their roster to make room for 8 new studs that will all be fighting for playing time.

We've been bad the last few years because we haven't had nearly enough good players and there is no fight for playing time. UConn before the last few years and every great program brings in as much talent as possible and players fight for playing time, it makes everyone better.

Agree 100% with that concept. Just know a lot of ppl have been super high on him, curious how the staff would navigate that.

Any insight on how this last slot is filled? One of the 3 star C, Ntambwe, or do you think they go BPA and potentially still pursue Langford/Bones?

Reaction Score

Look at who else was interested; Bama and Seton Hall.

Heavy hitters? Nah, but they are solid programs.

You need these type of players to build a program.

Reaction Score
4) R.J. Cole, 6-1, 185, PG, Soph., Howard
Stats: 21.4 ppg, 6.4 apg, 4.1 rpg, 39% 3-pointers
Scout’s take: “Dynamic all-around guard who can dominate the game by scoring, passing and on defense. Was terrific — and the scary part is he can get a lot better.”

Reaction Score
Look at who else was interested; Bama and Seton Hall.

Heavy hitters? Nah, but they are solid programs.

You need these type of players to build a program.
They weren't the only other programs interested. Just the one's who he was considering.

Played in the worst league in the country the last 2 years, but averaged over 20 a game both years, and played on a team that had no other pieces. Teams were selling out to stop him, and he still got his points. And was POY in his conference as a sophomore.

Love that he played for Hurley Sr. He will be a very good player, especially with a year to work on his game more.

Reaction Score
Not trying to jump on your post at all but we need to get this "scared about playing time" narrative out of our heads. Memphis cleared out their roster to make room for 8 new studs that will all be fighting for playing time.

We've been bad the last few years because we haven't had nearly enough good players and there is no fight for playing time. UConn before the last few years and every great program brings in as much talent as possible and players fight for playing time, it makes everyone better.
Agree. I’d also ask them to watch Boat and Napier break down a ton of teams with two super pesky defenders and penetration ability on two sides of the offensive floor.

The defensive side can’t be stressed enough. That whole ship run was built on breaking down opposing guard play. When the opposing team can’t get a switch to dominate the weaker guard you can seize up the offense for stretches.

Out curiosity, I can’t think of the best transfer we’ve had. We should probably set the expectation ceiling somewhere around the best we’ve had and expect somewhere between the mean and the ceiling?

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
It must be good if 25 or so people 'like' it, but for a member of the over the hill generation,
Uh ohhhs with eye emoji's means what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69