RJ Cole to UConn | Page 12 | The Boneyard

RJ Cole to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also, I repeat, a physical lunch-bucket type like Ed would have served UConn basketball better the last 4-5 years than Purvis. Care to argue that one? Ed would have averaged at least 10 and 8 on those teams.

The problem with Ed was he focused too much on the lunch and not enough on the buckets. He and Warde are probably off somewhere right now having a Krispy Kreme donut eating contest.

Reaction Score
Kid played less than ten minutes a game and was totally unimpressive in those minutes in my opinion.
What are you not getting about him playing in a frontcourt of stacked NBA players? If he played on the team nowadays he would start and put up good numbers.

Have no clue why Purvis and Ed Nelson are being compared in this thread. No reason to denigrate Rodney or Ed.

Reaction Score
The problem with Ed was he focused too much on the lunch and not enough on the buckets. He and Warde are probably off somewhere right now having a Krispy Kreme donut eating contest.
Gonna go out on a limb and guess he's in better shape than you. Ed from last year.
JimCalhounCelebrityClassicCharityAll_StarGame054.JPG

Reaction Score
What are you not getting about him playing in a frontcourt of stacked NBA players? If he played on the team nowadays he would start and put up good numbers.

Have no clue why Purvis and Ed Nelson are being compared in this thread. No reason to denigrate Rodney or Ed.
He didnt pass the eye test for me, sitting behind NBA players doesnt change that

Reaction Score
It is so very boneyard that the guy who thinks he knows better than Sal is calling the other guy who insists he's in better shape than a former d1 athlete a keyboard warrior.

THIS is why I log on every day at lunch.
You're saying this because I've explained that packing on strength and muscle isn't rocket science?

Reaction Score
It is so very boneyard that the guy who thinks he knows better than Sal is calling the other guy who insists he's in better shape than a former d1 athlete a keyboard warrior.

THIS is why I log on every day at lunch.

Everyone will have their own opinion of “in shape”. I’m sure I’m far less athletic than Ed Nelson and I have never dunked a basketball and never will (unless an 8 foot hoop counts). I would also venture to guess that Ed Nelson hasn’t completed any Ironman triathlons recently, but maybe he has and I just don’t know. If he has then my apologies to Ed for assuming he hasn’t. Kudos again to Superjohn for chiming in and making a fool of himself as usual.

Reaction Score
Everyone will have their own opinion of “in shape”. I’m sure I’m far less athletic than Ed Nelson and I have never dunked a basketball and never will (unless an 8 foot hoop counts). I would also venture to guess that Ed Nelson hasn’t completed any Ironman triathlons recently, but maybe he has and I just don’t know. If he has than my apologies to Ed for assuming he hasn’t. Kudos again to Superjohn for chiming in and making a fool of himself as usual.

I'm just messing with you all. Different kind of athleticism--basically incomparable.

Reaction Score
Everyone will have their own opinion of “in shape”. I’m sure I’m far less athletic than Ed Nelson and I have never dunked a basketball and never will (unless an 8 foot hoop counts). I would also venture to guess that Ed Nelson hasn’t completed any Ironman triathlons recently, but maybe he has and I just don’t know. If he has then my apologies to Ed for assuming he hasn’t. Kudos again to Superjohn for chiming in and making a fool of himself as usual.
You picked just about the most unhealthy exercise/sport but congrats on the accomplishment. My friend's grandma did one of those years ago.

Reaction Score
He wasn't subpar, he's a good player who was stuck behind Charlie Villanueva, Rudy Gay, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, and Jeff Adrien etc. while he was here for two years.
Been gone awhile. Like I said, Ed was on the bench behind a monster of a frontcourt. UConn's best ever. Repeat. UConn's best overall frontcourt. Ever. He would have served us well the 2-3 years. Purvi
Ed Nelson was subpar. Telling me how good his team was does not change that
ACC ROY. Played on UConn's deepest/best frontcourt ever. Am I getting through to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom