RIP, Alex | The Boneyard

RIP, Alex

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just learned via Facebook that one of our own, Alex Robinson-Gilden, passed away today. Alex was one of the brightest people on the Boneyard and as ardent a fan as we had.

I had the pleasure of finally meeting Alex in NYC in December 2015. Unfortunately, we met at his hospital, because he was unable to make it to the game against Maryland at MSG.

As some of you know, Alex was diagnosed with the nasty disease of glioblastoma almost 4 years ago. He had at least a couple of surgeries and took several very strong meds. After a long struggle with many ups and downs, his body gave out.

Alex was a devoted father to two young and brilliant children. He took them to see the Huskies a number of times, so the family's interest in UConn WCBB will live on.

We all will miss Alex, his friendship, and his enthusiastic, articulate, and brilliant posts. RIP, my friend!

JS

Reaction Score
This hits hard, even though one could see it coming via some of his posts.

I took special note of Alex years ago as one of the most intelligent Boneyarders. Met him only once, when he seemed sort of quiet and unassuming.

Just a surmise based on his BY activity, but I like to think (and do believe) his love of the UConn women helped him endure the awful reality stalking his final years.

RIP Alex. Your many Boneyard friends appreciated the gift of your company.

Reaction Score
Wow. Devastating news, although I did sense that the end might be approaching. I'll really miss Alex's presence on the BY. My heart goes out to his kids and other loved ones.

Reaction Score
This hits hard, even though one could see it coming via some of his posts.

I took special note of Alex years ago as one of the most intelligent Boneyarders. Met him only once, when he seemed sort of quiet and unassuming.

Just a surmise based on his BY activity, but I like to think (and do believe) his love of the UConn women helped him endure the awful reality stalking his final years.

RIP Alex. Your many Boneyard friends appreciated the gift of your company.

JS---I believe it is a good surmise--that Uconn Wbb and by extension the By offers a haven for many of us old folk from the omni present ills, pain, and coming procedures--and yes beyond.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom