RIP, Alex | Page 2 | The Boneyard

RIP, Alex

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wow, awful news. Haven't been over on this board much recently and didn't know he was dealing with that. Great poster, his enthusiasm really shown through. RIP mate

EDIT: hope he enjoyed that last Pats championship with the family.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
sad.gif

Very sad to hear this. R.I.P. to him... and prayers and condolences to his family and young children.

Reaction Score
This is absolutely terrible. His enthusiasm for the team was evident with every post. He will be sorely missed. Prayers to his family and especially to his children.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
RIP Alex. You will be missed but you will be remembered. Your love for our Huskies will be with us all.

Prayers to Alex's family.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's always difficult to lose a member of the family, be it your personal family, or our Boneyard family. I, like so many other regular posters here in the yard read and enjoyed Alex's posts and comments.
He will be missed. I pray for blessings and favor for his family in the days weeks and months to come. We can all be thankful for the time we had him. Time he was able to share his thoughts, wit and observations with us. He will be missed. vowelguy is right, it stinks. :( RIP brother Alex. You will ALWAYS be one of us!!

Reaction Score
RIP Alex. A great, intelligent poster and even a better fan. Prayers and condolences to his friends and family.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Gone way too soon. He always seemed to keep his head up, even when it was clear in his posts that he was going through some very rough times.

He made a hugely positive contribution to the spirit of the BY---maybe because he, like some others here, had an especially keen sense of perspective that came from fighting much bigger battles day to day.

RIP, Alex - Hope you were able to enjoy one last milestone as a fan with the 100th game.

Condolences to his family.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
My heart goes out to his family, especially his children. Kids are not supposed to grow up without their dad.

I hope this team, these remarkable young women, brought him joy and diversion through his cruel, trying ordeal.

Reaction Score
RIP, Alex. He was an intelligent and eloquent poster, and I always looked forward to his posts. My condolences to his family.

Reaction Score
Wow - tough news. Looks like Alex's last post was Feb 10. I also hope he got to enjoy victory #100.

RIP Alex

Reaction Score
What awful news. I really enjoyed his posts and his observations about UConn. Will be thinking of him and his family.

Reaction Score
FYI, Alex used the handle "alexrgct."
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it might have been him but hoped I was wrong and I am truly deeply saddened. He was one of those people whose posts I most enjoyed. They were informative, well thought out and I tended to concur with everything he submitted. It seemed his posts were somewhat sporadic lately and this explains it. What a truly sad day. I got a text from a dear friend's wife (common law) late this evening that I should call her and when I did she told me that he had passed earlier in the day. A bad day has only gotten worse. My thoughts go out for his family and those who knew him well. A big loss, indeed!

Reaction Score
I just learned via Facebook that one of our own, Alex Robinson-Gilden, passed away today. Alex was one of the brightest people on the Boneyard and as ardent a fan as we had.

I had the pleasure of finally meeting Alex in NYC in December 2015. Unfortunately, we met at his hospital, because he was unable to make it to the game against Maryland at MSG.

As some of you know, Alex was diagnosed with the nasty disease of glioblastoma almost 4 years ago. He had at least a couple of surgeries and took several very strong meds. After a long struggle with many ups and downs, his body gave out.

Alex was a devoted father to two young and brilliant children. He took them to see the Huskies a number of times, so the family's interest in UConn WCBB will live on.

We all will miss Alex, his friendship, and his enthusiastic, articulate, and brilliant posts. RIP, my friend!
Thanks for sharing this (sad) news. I didn't know Alex personally but always enjoyed the content and spirit of his posts. I always felt, for some reason, that he was a kind and bright person. Wish I knew more about him and how he came to be the great UCONN fan that he was.

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
zzzz10887184_816007025124226_113881268830578953_o.jpg
zzz16807654_10155039624237241_6333119495956099224_n.jpg
Always enjoyed talking with Alex at games. The last time we chatted was at the XL Center right before the USF 90 in a row game. We talked for more then 20 min about UConn and just loved to hear his view. The next day he responded to my post "The Best thing about last nights game was...."Well, I ran into and chatted with a fellow boneyarder named DannyK before the XL center started letting people in. That was a highlight.." Which I thought was strange because it was me who really enjoyed that. Will be thinking of you and know you will still be there at the games in spirit. He loved his family so much and can not imagine the sadness of his whole family but especially his two little children. Boneyard photo of Alex second row second from the left in red shirt. View attachment 19984
zzz16807654_10155039624237241_6333119495956099224_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very very sad to hear.

RIP Alex - you will be missed.

I found Alex to be a prolific and intelligent poster and Husky fan. Well written and well thought out posts by a genuinely nice person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom