Rick Issanza (C, 7'1", 225) to visit | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rick Issanza (C, 7'1", 225) to visit

Reaction Score
Would have no problem w/ this guy as a backup center, 10-15mpg, type. Block some shots, protect the rim, and maybe develop into more. Guys like this sometimes blossom into really nice pieces.

As for all the AB talk, I think we'd all sign up for another Amida, warts and all. He was still a pretty effective piece for four years. No, he didn't develop like we thought he would when some were thinking he'd eventually be a lottery pick after his freshmen year. But he was still a productive big man.
As the talent got worse around Brimah his flaws were exposed much more. That hopefully wont be a problem anymore with regards to the talent around here

Reaction Score
I’m just so confused by the scholarship situation. If we get this guy, we are (as of today at least) out of scholarships. Yet we are still recruiting Cole, Hyland, and Langford. Seems like we are recruiting 5-6 guys hard for a maximum of 2 spots.

@JimHurley Goosfraba
53DB99C9-DDF5-40A8-8195-682E4CA56A43.gif

Reaction Score
Best not to think about it as there are things going on behind the scenes that we (well other than urinal Chief) are not privy too. If we're still recruiting, we have schollies available. Looks like we want a big and a guard. And I'm fine w/ that scenario.
Exactly. Things are being worked on behind the scenes with a certain player. Its pretty obvious who it is.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Things are being worked on behind the scenes with a certain player. Its pretty obvious who it is.
Im assuming you mean Diarra, even though he has been lifting with the team. If you had to guess is that the only move being made?

Reaction Score
Im assuming you mean Diarra, even though he has been lifting with the team. If you had to guess is that the only move being made?

He can still lift with the team... and he will continue to if he gives up the athletic scholarship too. That is irrelevant.

Reaction Score
I think Kenny11 is spot on for his take, not that hard to understand. Not overly concerning but when big meant do not know how to pivot out of traps there tends to be turnovers. He did one that was alarming as nt only was he in bad form to get away he also made himself about 6'4" instead of 7 foot. No I haven't seen him play and I only saw it once but because it was such an easy out of a trap you can ask the question or maybe even assume he needs work in that area. Good news is he's fairly new to the game it takes time.

Yeah but ...

That's teachable. I know I know ... Brimah never did learn some of these things. But some kids can learn through drill repetition. Do NOT expect 7 footers to be the fundamental structure you need (like we recruit for PG) ... we recruit for that height and the evaluation needs to be on whether he can evolve.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I see greatly different opinions and bickering from some of the 'insiders'. The way I hear it you are actually in agreement only your perspective is different. This guy looks to me, to be a handy, though limited, fill in player off the bench for a couple of years, but has the potential to be dominant in years 3-4. How about we agree the kid needs work and be positive about what the potential he brings. Just because you criticize doesn't make you an expert in others eyes.

Reaction Score
I see greatly different opinions and bickering from some of the 'insiders'. The way I hear it you are actually in agreement only your perspective is different. This guy looks to me, to be a handy, though limited, fill in player off the bench for a couple of years, but has the potential to be dominant in years 3-4. How about we agree the kid needs work and be positive about what the potential he brings. Just because you criticize doesn't make you an expert in others eyes.

I don’t see many criticisms maybe concerns which is ok. Not too many here wouldn’t be happy with him being a Husky and hoping for exactly what your 4 year plan would turn out.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I wonder why all these big 12 schools that were recruiting him backed off. I guess production? His production has been inconsistent but I like his frame, his ability to run the floor, upside. One thing we have is Coach Hunter, I trust his ability to develop bigs.

Reaction Score
One thing we have is Coach Hunter, I trust his ability to develop bigs.

Based on.... Carlton or someone else? Not being difficult, just felt that Carlton's improvement was more physical than skill. You could see he had some skills freshmen year but physically could not do it against anyone. This year, he dominated guys with comparable athleticism. This year, hopefully, he can do it against guys who may be more athletic.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Based on.... Carlton or someone else? Not being difficult, just felt that Carlton's improvement was more physical than skill. You could see he had some skills freshmen year but physically could not do it against anyone. This year, he dominated guys with comparable athleticism. This year, hopefully, he can do it against guys who may be more athletic.
Based on his past work at Georgetown and Nebraska and his reputation.

C

Chief00

All Chief can say, and I know you dudes are all tired of hearing it, is that the overall recruiting grind is in overdrive. Bottom line, Chief continues to be optimistic, despite all the NEXTERS and CHATERS out there.

Great time for visits now - no one going to class - no class schedules or any of those distractions. Pure basketball.

Reaction Score
Short clip posted in January.

Summer highlight mix posted in April.

That video was enough for me.
I now want this kid.
A lot to like on a unheralded kid.
Shows good balance and body control for a guy that big.
Good instincts on help d and a willing defender.
Good instincts as shot blocker with extremely long reach.
Looks to have pretty quick ups for a guy his size.
For a kid that has only played basketball for a short period he looks very promising to me.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Seems like Hurley really wants a shot blocker at the 5. All the centers we’ve been linked to were shot blockers. He is willing to go down in overall talent to get a good one. The one thing Issanza can do right now that will translate into college is block shots. Also, kid is every bit of 7’1 absolutely gigantic.

Reaction Score
My favorite part of this video mix is the game where both teams are wearing red. That had to be a fun game. lol

Love a few things on this but the 2 offensive rebounds at the end are enough for me, this video gives me a little more excitement about this kid. Not sure the timing of when but think he will be a pretty damn good player eventually if that's just a 2-3 year sample.

Reaction Score
Given the bigs we're recruiting for 2020 I'm not particularly excited about this

Reaction Score
That video was enough for me.
I now want this kid.
A lot to like on a unheralded kid.
Shows good balance and body control for a guy that big.
Good instincts on help d and a willing defender.
Good instincts as shot blocker with extremely long reach.
Looks to have pretty quick ups for a guy his size.
For a kid that has only played basketball for a short period he looks very promising to me.
Me too.

Reaction Score
Given the bigs we're recruiting for 2020 I'm not particularly excited about this

Do you think this kid would deter any of the bigs we’re recruiting 2020? and if he did, wouldn’t that be a potential positive, indicating he did well?

Reaction Score
Do you think this kid would deter any of the bigs we’re recruiting 2020? and if he did, wouldn’t that be a potential positive, indicating he did well?
Won't matter because we're not exactly ripe with scholarships, we'd be down to 2 next year and I have a hard time believing either one would be used on another big.

I've certainly been wrong before and hope I am here. But another project big man is not at the top of my list when I wanted a talent infusion this off-season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom