Rick Issanza (C, 7'1", 225) to visit | The Boneyard

Rick Issanza (C, 7'1", 225) to visit

Reaction Score
This must’ve been the guy I saw. Didn’t get a good look, just know he was TALL.

Reaction Score
This must’ve been the guy I saw. Didn’t get a good look, just know he was TALL.

Yeah that dude is freaking huge. I saw one highlight video that was pretty intriguing

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I noted that he doesn't seem to block the ball out of bounds, which was a trait that both Amida and Thaeet seemed unable to shake. That's a good thing.
Not sure I ever saw him bounce the ball in the video. I mean he must have, and I just missed it, right?
And as has been noted, he doesn't seem to know what to do with a defensive rebound once he secures it. Turn and ???
In his current state, I see him as 6 minutes of relief for Josh. But I also see potential.

Reaction Score
I'd take another Amida in a heartbeat. Sign him up!
Good eye.
Amida would be a terrific fit for what what Hurley likes to do on defense.
That’s why for the few games Yakwe was healthy Cobb sat.
and Amida was ,if not better than Yakwe he was at least bigger..

Reaction Score
Looked comfortable at the foul line. If he is at/over 60% at the line and gives us blocked shots and open dunk finishes, I like having a guy on board with real size that might develop. If he struggles at the line so fouling him results essentially in a turnover, then I'm not sure we are making the team better.

Reaction Score
Seems raw but with proper development could expand basketball IQ. Highlight films always make me nervous on bigs because thy can do SO many things wrong that you just don’t see, hence why he might not be ranked. Bella Vista is a good program too. Wouldn’t shock me if he went JUCO and turned up.

Reaction Score
Be nice if he could add a two-fooot jumper to his game. Very raw but you can't teach 7-1, 250+. Moves okay. Found open spots. Kept his hands high. Didn't need a dribble to start. His hands looked pretty good, of course, you don't put fumbling the ball out of bounds on highlight tapes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just sign some people up already. Whoever they are. It's like Hurley is in on 15 kids for one open scholarship.

Reaction Score
Last season Tacko . was standing next to a UConn player in a photo and appeared at least a foot taller than the kid. At first glance I couldn’t recognize our guy as I thought he must be a Guard. A second look revealed it was Cobb the guy who was guarding him. Tacko was legitimately a very big person.
However:
Brimah ate his lunch ever time they played by the way.
He gave up 6” but was a much better athlete. I ,Hurley, maybe even Mau or anyone with an ounce of basketball knowledge for that matter would sign up for a Brimah clone in a heartbeat. Especially as s backup to Carlton.

Reaction Score
If a guy that big gets a defensive rebound, a "smart" guard needs to get him to follow a safe thought pattern - "look for me". That is always simple. And then you expand from there. This is where you see he really hasn't played organized ball with good coaches.

then ... he has good "spatial awareness". Meaning: when around the hoop, he has good hand coordination to get himself the dunk. Consistently. And as evident in that video, sometimes he was not in good position to begin with. Rotated and got the goal.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
All I know is @gtcam litters every thread with his complaints about Hurley not recruiting a big, and here we are 18 hours later since this thread has been made and he's nowhere to be found.

Reaction Score
I mean this guy has more potential than Carlton, and you saw what happened with him in one year as a sophomore. I know so many people on this board dragged JC through the mud until the second half of this year..... But please, keep thinking we can’t develop players...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom