Rick Issanza (C, 7'1", 225) to visit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rick Issanza (C, 7'1", 225) to visit

Reaction Score
I don't love this kids game, but am not 100% opposed. But I really don't get wanting an Amida Brimah 2.0, especially with Akok being an elite shot blocker already, would rather have a bulky big than a lanky one.

This kid does not look like a good rebounder from that footage, slow feet and brings the ball down below his waist too often. Hope he's plan C.

Reaction Score
I don't love this kids game, but am not 100% opposed. But I really don't get wanting an Amida Brimah 2.0, especially with Akok being an elite shot blocker already, would rather have a bulky big than a lanky one.

This kid does not look like a good rebounder from that footage, slow feet and brings the ball down below his waist too often. Hope he's plan C.
Amida would’ve thrived in Hurley’s system

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score

Last time I checked, Brimah was a huge contributor to a championship team. Why would you not want that?

Reaction Score

Brimah would have been perfect for 15 mpg in a backup role. You need rotational guys. If your backup center is a 7'1" shot blocker, it's a nice luxury to have.

Reaction Score

Thrived, don't know about that still can't score or put it on the floor. Even his "big" guy Berry could put it in the basket and pass it. He never really had a "big" that was over 6-7 or 6-8 I don't think at RI. But again a very good back up for sure would take Brimah in a second for that role.

Reaction Score
Want to wish the kid well, but in these short snippets he hasn't had to fight for position once. In fact, on one play where he was defending he was getting pushed around like a rag doll.

There is a reason why he is still available at 7'1" in the 2019 class. Nice project but we need horses.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
All I know is @gtcam litters every thread with his complaints about Hurley not recruiting a big, and here we are 18 hours later since this thread has been made and he's nowhere to be found.
I've been out of state at a family funeral
Thanks for noticing Rico
I'm glad it's a big but I need to look into the kid-unfamiliar
Thanks for the snark:rolleyes:
And you may be correct - maybe it's all you do know!!!!;);)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
depth at the very worse plus he has size to clog the middle

C

Chief00

The grind continues, contingency plans lining up so we have options when trigger time comes.

Reaction Score
Last time I checked, Brimah was a huge contributor to a championship team. Why would you not want that?

Averaging 4pts and 3rbs makes you a "huge contributor to a championship team"?

Reaction Score
Brimah was a crucial piece throughout his career. He may not have improved as much as I’d like but he was significantly better than a 15 minutes a game backup. In fact, he was one of the nations top rim protectors throughout his career. I’d gladly take a Brimah 2.0 and would look forward to seeing what this staff could do with a similar player.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I went to a hs with very good hoops. For 2 years the biggest kid by 4 inches or so was easily useless. A tall benchwarmer. You can’t teach height, but a few hoop skills are nice.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Defensively sure. Offensively? He couldn't catch the ball. Hands of stone. Never really developed any post offensive moves. As much as I wasn't a fan of KO, I'm not blaming him for Amida never learning to catch the ball.

For everyone saying he's got more upside than Carlton. Any 7' guy who can jump possibly does. But most of those guys never develop half the back to the basket offensive moves that Carlton has.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom