Richie Springs Enters the Transfer Portal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Richie Springs Enters the Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I think he could be good in the A10.
Nah. He's going to the AAC. Kelvin Sampson will make him all-conference!

Best of luck Richie. You were a soldier.

Reaction Score
I'm sad to see him go, but excited for him to have the chance to shine somewhere with plenty of PT. He has an extra year of COVID eligibility, so he'll be a great two-year guy for someone.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Senior night should have been a little bit of a hint, but I get it.

I think this was just the mutually agreed upon end of his UConn career. He did his four years, has a ring and he now is playing with house money to see if he can go somewhere and just get on the court.

Agreed on all fronts. Hadn’t thought about senior night he just kinda slow played the decision.

I definitely think he can play somewhere and contribute.

Reaction Score
It’s kind of nice when college basketball goes old school like this and the player and the program fulfill their obligations to each other, despite it turning out differently than imagined. He was blocked by better players but liked UConn enough to stay (and get a degree and a ring!). The staff respected that, kept him on, and didn’t force him out to gain a scholarship.

It’s also the time of year when coaches reach out to their connections (off the record) to see what might be out there for their guys who are likely to transfer down.

Reaction Score
Can we stop worrying about scholarships now?e
Should hopefully hear from Timberlake tomorrow I would not be shocked for a “surprise” pickup. In Hurley we trust!!!!

Reaction Score
It’s kind of nice when college basketball goes old school like this and the player and the program fulfill their obligations to each other, despite it turning out differently than imagined. He was blocked by better players but liked UConn enough to stay (and get a degree and a ring!). The staff respected that, kept him on, and didn’t force him out to gain a scholarship.

It’s also the time of year when coaches reach out to their connections (off the record) to see what might be out there for their guys who are likely to transfer down.
I’m sure with Hurley’s connections he will find a place to contribute.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Hoping Richie can find a landing spot to log some real minutes. He deserves it for everything he did here pushing guys in practice and always being a positive teammate even if he only got in garbage time minutes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Senior night should have been a little bit of a hint, but I get it.

I think this was just the mutually agreed upon end of his UConn career. He did his four years, has a ring and he now is playing with house money to see if he can go somewhere and just get on the court.

This.
Clayton Keller Hockey GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

Reaction Score
Must be more then one coming in to transfer here…..
Maybe, but this move also keeps the door open for Andre if he wants to return. We have room for 2 more guys + Andre. Hopefully it's Newton and Timberlake

Reaction Score
Thanks Richie...absolute embodiment of a "strong culture guy" and an unsung important part of our re-ascent to the top of the NCAA MBB heap.

Can't wait to see Richie ball out at some mid-major next year!!!

Also would love to see him have a season arc next year like Gaff did this past year. Kid deserves it.

I'm sure Danny has already been working behind the scenes to help him find the "best fit" for his next step.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I think we , on the outside, have to wait while those on the inside take care of business.

Reaction Score
Poor kid never got a chance, but he certainly earned his keep. Hope he gets a chance to play somewhere. I wish all of our departures well in this case, all played a part in #5 in some way, shape, or form.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind bringing in another experienced big and just redshirt Singare, but not sure that's realistic. Between Karaban, Johnson, Clingan that's already 70+ minutes at the 4/5 position locked up. And that's not even accounting for any Stewart minutes at the 4 spot
How many times are we going to say redshirting players is pretty much a thing of the past

Reaction Score
Good luck Richie. If you ever read this board during your tenure you'd know there was much love. I, for one, will follow your career with great interest. Cherish that ring!

Reaction Score
I really liked Richie for hanging in there and never moping on the bench. In his very limited minutes he did look like a player. Living in Vermont and being a Catamount fan (after the Huskies of course) I am wondering about UVM. Great program, fans are totally into it, great school and a beautiful area to live. He would step right in and be a star I believe. May want a higher level however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom