Richie Springs Enters the Transfer Portal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Richie Springs Enters the Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Every time he entered a game he just looked the part and that he could have contributed. I never understood why he didn't play more but then I didn't see him in practice everyday. I hope he finds success wherever he lands. Watch him kill it for some mid-major.

I always though the same - he always looked like a player, but he was just behind people who were simply better.

I would not be surprised to see some midmajor being shocked at what he brings to the team

Reaction Score
Who are we recruiting for our frontcourt now? We are a little thin. We currently have a lot riding on Samson Johnson.
Lol only a mets fan would say this after seeing the news that Richie Springs is gone.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see him end up at a strong academic school to get a degree that will give him a bunch of opportunities after basketball.

If he does go somewhere and get a lot of playing time, it will be interesting to watch him play. We've basically never seen him play a meaningful minute of basketball. I don't really know what his game is like, other than the little mid-range jumper and offensive boards.

Reaction Score
The decisions that Richie Springs and I make regarding our future have exactly the same impact on UConn's front court next year.
I wouldn't say that. Richie was nice to have on the bench for a "break in the case of emergency" type scenario. Capable player with years of experience practicing under Hurley. It's been nice knowing that he's there (like when he was used earlier this season amidst our injury issues). He's better than the typical player taking up the 12th or 13th scholarship on a team.

With that being said, this isn't at all unexpected and I look forward to seeing what he does next season!

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say that. Richie was nice to have on the bench for a "break in the case of emergency" type scenario. Capable player with years of experience practicing under Hurley. It's been nice knowing that he's there (like when he was used earlier this season amidst our injury issues). He's better than the typical player taking up the 12th or 13th scholarship on a team.

With that being said, this isn't at all unexpected and I look forward to seeing what he does next season!
You know what I meant -- if we're relying on Springs, we have much bigger issues. I agree with those who have said that he's always impressed in limited minutes and that his next stop will likely get a pleasant surprise.

Reaction Score
The only surprise so far during portal season has been Alleyne, and we weren't really expecting him to return anyway.

Otherwise we've lost two guys who had -- and would have had -- minimal impact, while two others went pro, a third is considering it, and a fourth may return. And we're in the mix for one of the top transfers.

Given the attrition that other programs are dealing with, we've had a pretty good April.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• 75741D3F-2AA7-405B-8D82-E8CC451E774A.png
    75741D3F-2AA7-405B-8D82-E8CC451E774A.png
    723.9 KB · Views: 79

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is actually a surprise to me just because he hadn't transferred up until this point. But I will always love Richie, I hope he goes and crushes somewhere.

Senior night should have been a little bit of a hint, but I get it.

I think this was just the mutually agreed upon end of his UConn career. He did his four years, has a ring and he now is playing with house money to see if he can go somewhere and just get on the court.

Reaction Score
Can we stop worrying about scholarships now?
now i'm worried that we'll have too many open lol

assuming everyone else comes back that hasnt either:
1) declared for the draft (hawk, sanogo, aj) or
2) entered the portal (alleyene, hasson, springs) or
3) graduated (joey),
then we currently have TWO open schollys and iirc we are only recruiting ONE transfer. we need to lock down timberlake and then we can hold the last scholly open for AJ incase he returns and if not then use it on a practice player.

Reaction Score
Every time he entered a game he just looked the part and that he could have contributed. I never understood why he didn't play more but then I didn't see him in practice everyday. I hope he finds success wherever he lands. Watch him kill it for some mid-major.
He didn't play more because he always had better players in front of him.

I think he could be good in the A10.

Reaction Score
The decisions that Richie Springs and I make regarding our future have exactly the same impact on UConn's front court next year.

I thought we were thin in the frontcourt before this announcement, now we have the scholarship to do something about it. I assume your decision won't free up a scholarship.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t have minded if he stuck around for depth. But Singare is talented and has 5 fouls to give if Clingan and Johnson get into foul trouble. Best of luck Richie, you have the physical ability to make money playing this sport.

Reaction Score
If we end up with one extra scholarship, could we be players on Papa Kante? He just asked out of his NIL with Michigan, and is from CT…

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would have been totally predictable if we were allowed to make predictions.

Good luck to the young man. Having gotten his degree and a ring, I hope he finds a situation at which he can finish his career on the court.
Agree. For what it’s worth, it seems like the smart move for Richie to go someplace that will allow him to showcase his skills. I wish him the best!

Reaction Score
I thought we were thin in the frontcourt before this announcement, now we have the scholarship to do something about it.
I wouldn't mind bringing in another experienced big and just redshirt Singare, but not sure that's realistic. Between Karaban, Johnson, Clingan that's already 70+ minutes at the 4/5 position locked up. And that's not even accounting for any Stewart minutes at the 4 spot

Reaction Score
I thought we were thin in the frontcourt before this announcement, now we have the scholarship to do something about it. I assume your decision won't free up a scholarship.
Clingan, Samson, Singare at the 5
Karaban, Stewart, Ross at the 4.

Springs leaving has no bearing on anything.
We're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24