Richie Springs Enters the Transfer Portal | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Richie Springs Enters the Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Richie is going to go somewhere down a level and average like 14-8-2. He's really solid, can finish, and can board at any level.
Ok. Maybe you've seen more than I have. He looked out of sorts in the limited times he played.

Reaction Score
Ok. Maybe you've seen more than I have. He looked out of sorts in the limited times he played.

It's genuinely impossible to know from his limited minutes what the kid is capable of. Throw a kid into a game cold, no warm-up, in a game that's already over?

Any offers he receives is going to be based on recommendations and practice performance as it should be. Game minutes have been meaningless.

Reaction Score
All of those guys outside Richie redshirted because they enrolled early. They weren’t normal situations.

Redshirting is not common in college basketball.

The last person I remember redshirting for non medical reasons was Michael Bradley in 2012(?) I think. I forget if he was a Calhoun or Ollie recruit.
Thank you for answering this. Bradley was a Calhoun recruit.

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree. I thought he looked like a player, although it was junk time. I don't actually remember him getting any time of substance, and I thought he could have helped in January against some of the good 4s we faced.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Solid list. Interestingly NJIT, the school I suggested, offered.

Howard has been building something pretty good and their roster could definitely use exactly what Richie could bring.

They looked impressive for a 16th seed. They just literally had no bigs or above the rim guys. He would also have an amazing time on campus and in DC I’m sure.

Reaction Score
It's definitely rare but definitely not a thing of the past. When teams are deep it's a good strategy, Villanova uses it a ton as well. Eric Dixon, Mikal Bridges, Angelo Brizzi were top 100 recruits and redshirted their freshman years

As evidenced by Corey Floyd though, it's a risk with the transfer portal. Even when the kids are supposedly bought in to the plan
Brizzi was just outside the top 100 and portaled to Davidson. DiVincenzo was a huge one who redshirted. Things are really different now and redshirts will be rare.

Reaction Score
Hell yeah, congrats Richie!

Just checked Quinnipiac’s summary from last season. They went 20-12 in the MAAC (3rd), but the 12 losses came by an average of under 8 points. Take out a 20 point beatdown from Canisius and that’s down to under 7. Seems like a competitive team in the conference, even blew out Iona once. Unfortunately got upset by 11 seed Marist who made a hero run to the conference title.

Hoping Richie puts up big numbers for them and they make a run!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm really happy for him. He had the bad luck of playing behind two outstanding players. I am glad he found a place to show that he can be a significant contributor at the D1 level.

#alwaysahusky

Reaction Score
Could be a good situation for him. Reminds me of another Dan Hurley recruit who could rebound like a mofo and ended up at QU: Kevin Marfo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom