Richie Springs Enters the Transfer Portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Richie Springs Enters the Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
I always though the same - he always looked like a player, but he was just behind people who were simply better.

I would not be surprised to see some midmajor being shocked at what he brings to the team
The type of guy who would've somehow become a starter in the Ollie era. Good to see the universe is back in balance.

Reaction Score
This is dumb. There was zero chance Spring was coming back and if he came back, he was going to get zero playing time. Outside of aliens abducting our front court at some point over the summer, Springs’ leaving has zero impact.
I disagree, the result is an additional scholarship and depending on who it’s given to could have a major impact.

Reaction Score
Always loved when Richie got in the box score. Good kid. He's got 2 years to play right? Would love to see him kill it and get a Master's degree out of it. Tobin Anderson at Iona and Gallagher at Manhattan both have CT ties at greater NYC schools and are probably at a level where he'd have success.

Reaction Score
It’s also the time of year when coaches reach out to their connections (off the record) to see what might be out there for their guys who are likely to transfer down.
This scenario is EXACTLY what I am wishing for with Richie. I hope Hurley rings his friend, SHU teammate, and current Binghamton coach Levell Sanders. Richie would earn a master’s from a great school (my alma mater), while he runs roughshod over America East.

Reaction Score
I always though the same - he always looked like a player, but he was just behind people who were simply better.

I would not be surprised to see some midmajor being shocked at what he brings to the team
Big-time agree. He scored, rebounded, and blocked shots. Seemed to be able to run the court as well. Never really understood why he didn't get more of a look, especially early when AK was struggling against some tough guys and SJ wasn't ready.

Reaction Score
now i'm worried that we'll have too many open lol

assuming everyone else comes back that hasnt either:
1) declared for the draft (hawk, sanogo, aj) or
2) entered the portal (alleyene, hasson, springs) or
3) graduated (joey),
then we currently have TWO open schollys and iirc we are only recruiting ONE transfer. we need to lock down timberlake and then we can hold the last scholly open for AJ incase he returns and if not then use it on a practice player.
Hassan has entered the portal?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is actually a surprise to me just because he hadn't transferred up until this point. But I will always love Richie, I hope he goes and crushes somewhere.
Me too until that article where he mentioned education, that's he's graduating and now has two years towards a grad degree, all free. Kid had his head in the right place, no illusions about a pro career. Credit to the program and I wish him the best.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Clingan, Samson, Singare at the 5
Karaban, Stewart, Ross at the 4.

Springs leaving has no bearing on anything.
We're fine.
Johnson will be the main backup at the 4 and 5. I expect Stewart and Ross at the 3, Ross especially. Stewart could probably play some 4. But you need 25-28 for Clingan and Karaban. 20 for Johnson. That doesn't leave much at the 4-5.

Reaction Score
For a guy who never played much
He managed a large number of threads devoted to him.
As a underclass men . I was mainly a practice player in football who played daily against one of the top HS teams in the state . That’s a very unappreciated but important part of a team . He went through 4 years of college got s degree , no loans ,and a well deserved NC ring .
Sounds like a winner to me
Good Luck in the future Rich the Yard will miss you .,

Reaction Score
Johnson will be the main backup at the 4 and 5.

We currently have a lot riding on Johnson. We know as much about him as we did about Springs, they both look the part, beyond that......

If you factor in the potential for injury to a big man it probably would be wise to use the now available scholarship on a veteran 4/5 player. My guess is the staff is already working on it.

Reaction Score
This scenario is EXACTLY what I am wishing for with Richie. I hope Hurley rings his friend, SHU teammate, and current Binghamton coach Levell Sanders. Richie would earn a master’s from a great school (my alma mater), while he runs roughshod over America East.
What about just going to Seton Hall instead…they need some players

Reaction Score
Really?
Yes. Under Dan Hurley we've had 4 guys redshirt, including the one this thread is about. Akok Akok, Richie Springs, Corey Floyd Jr, Alex Karaban have all redshirted

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This just proves that wasting any brain power on who is staying or what the team is going to look like next year is not the best use of time. The only thing we know is that DH is our coach next year. The players as much as we love them are only around for 1 to 4 years Covid extension not considered. It was a great run we had this year. Next year will be different and that is just the way life and sports evolve. Change is inevitable and is right up there with death and taxes we know most people hate change, all people should hate taxes. Death I will not comment on…

Reaction Score
Yarin Hasson has. Hassan Diarra is expected to return next year
Hopefully he figures out during the summer how to finish at the hoop at the end of a drive after a great steal. Otherwise, his contributions to this team during the season were substantial and appreciated.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say that. Richie was nice to have on the bench for a "break in the case of emergency" type scenario. Capable player with years of experience practicing under Hurley. It's been nice knowing that he's there (like when he was used earlier this season amidst our injury issues). He's better than the typical player taking up the 12th or 13th scholarship on a team.

With that being said, this isn't at all unexpected and I look forward to seeing what he does next season!
I see a Josh Carlton type impact at a smaller school or conference. Honestly. St. John’s as well.

Reaction Score
He’s a double double next year for someone.
We really don’t know much about his game due to do so few real opportunities. After 4 years of Hurley practices I suspect he can get minutes at an A10 or MAAC team. I’m sure DH will do what he can. Hope he gets a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom