Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This. If we're going to claim to be an elite, blue-blood program, with a strong brand, we don't go changing our logo. It's a small-time move.

The Kansas Jayhawk -- a blue bird with a red head, in clogs -- is ridiculous on its face, but is an iconic logo with strong brand identity. That's not going to change in a hundred years.

07344e3c75d55fae5fc4ab20aa6d0d79.jpg

Granted - the red head, blue body and yellow beak/shoes have remained for 93 years now and perhaps what UConn did would be more akin to KU coming out with a new bird that has a blue head and body. Still, hard to say things don't change over the course of a period as long as a hundred years.

I happen to love the new UConn husky logo because much like UConn Esq - I have always owned huskies and am accustomed to various masks. That said, there are of course all-white huskies although they still differ from Samoyeds and Eskimo Dogs. I also have no real skin in the game other than wanting you all as conference mates so those that feel attachment with the old branding I'm sure have very strong and valid opinions.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
07344e3c75d55fae5fc4ab20aa6d0d79.jpg

Granted - the red head, blue body and yellow beak/shoes have remained for 93 years now and perhaps what UConn did would be more akin to KU coming out with a new bird that has a blue head and body. Still, hard to say things don't change over the course of a period as long as a hundred years.

I happen to love the new UConn husky logo because much like UConn Esq - I have always owned huskies and am accustomed to various masks. That said, there are of course all-white huskies although they still differ from Samoyeds and Eskimo Dogs. I also have no real skin in the game other than wanting you all as conference mates so those that feel attachment with the old branding I'm sure have very strong and valid opinions.
KU logo is a great example of making changes that are close to the "just noticeable difference." (JND) UConn went a bridge too far, in my opinion. If we ever find the mythical @Penfield design, it falls much closer to the JND standard.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Granted this is a message board but I certainly hope people have higher priorities than a logo that they have no control over which likely will not dramatically change for decades, if ever.

Yes, the original (actually second) mascot was pure white, as were all subsequent mascots until our current Jonathan. The thing is, until the second to last all white logo, the logo itself was nothing to write home about and the final all white logo did resemble a Samoyed more than it resembled a Husky (by a good amount).

Like it, dislike it, whatever, just accept that it will be here for a while.

Reaction Score
The new mascot is a generic failure of imagination by Nike.

It is the canine version of the "wildcat" logo middle schools across the country adopted when they hastily dumped monikers like chiefs and warriors. "Oh no, we need to change our logo FAST" exclaimed hundreds of school board presidents across the country, all at once. "Who knows how to use clipart? What's that, a poorly drawn cat? Done!"

It befits a minor league hockey team that isn't very good and looks like it belongs on a box of store brand cereal.

It was rolled out to coincide with HCPP and our fall from Power Conference status. It is a brand of second-class citizenship and should be abandoned the minute we make it back into the P5.

Reaction Score
It was rolled out to coincide with HCPP and our fall from Power Conference status. It is a brand of second-class citizenship and should be abandoned the minute we make it back into the P5.

LMAO

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The new mascot is a generic failure of imagination by Nike.

It is the canine version of the "wildcat" logo middle schools across the country adopted when they hastily dumped monikers like chiefs and warriors. "Oh no, we need to change our logo FAST" exclaimed hundreds of school board presidents across the country, all at once. "Who knows how to use clipart? What's that, a poorly drawn cat? Done!"

It befits a minor league hockey team that isn't very good and looks like it belongs on a box of store brand cereal.

Okay HFD.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is this the logo people are talking about? Is this a real UConn logo or just somebody's interpretation?

Uconn_logo-7.jpg
Pretty close but the @Penfield was better at least in my mind's eye. After tagging him repeatedly he's finally seen this thread. Hopefully he'll post it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I wish I could find the @Penfield version of the new logo. That was great.

upload_2016-9-13_18-34-47.png

Someone asked me to start a separate thread for this.

In my opinion the husky logo needs to be an all white husky. This is what made our husky unique. This is what made the UCONN Husky different from all the other huskies out there.

There are a lot of changes coming for our university and our teams over the next couple months. New Conference, new rivals, and now a new husky logo. Let's keep at least a little tradition - the all white husky.

I know not everyone will agree with me but if you do let your opinion be heard.
View attachment 2746

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yup this is it I was having trouble finding it also and had just come back to post it. Thanks

Did this one too which I kinda prefer

View attachment 15565

A little too Groucho for me. The first one was the best and still addressed the goals of the rebrand. A better execution of concept than Nike.

Reaction Score
Is this the LOGO REALIGNMENT BOARD?? I guess we got into a P5 conference, because we are talking about LOGOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom