Reports: UConn Presentation to Big12 in Dallas on 9/8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Reaction Score
Talking conference realignment the last 10 + years or so hasn't seemed to have worked... so talking logos it is.
Lets See.. When was the last time UCONN-Avery Point changed their POINTERS logo...??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is this the LOGO REALIGNMENT BOARD?? I guess we got into a P5 conference, because we are talking about LOGOS...
Page 11...anything over page 5 is pretty much open season.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Is this the LOGO REALIGNMENT BOARD?? I guess we got into a P5 conference, because we are talking about LOGOS...

It's a seminar on how to counter the derailing of a thread that was spending a little too much time belittling the people we need supporting us.

You can pick up your certificate after your submit your course evaluation.

Reaction Score
I am guessing the 70s logo would be the Stoned Jonathan?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
07344e3c75d55fae5fc4ab20aa6d0d79.jpg

Granted - the red head, blue body and yellow beak/shoes have remained for 93 years now and perhaps what UConn did would be more akin to KU coming out with a new bird that has a blue head and body. Still, hard to say things don't change over the course of a period as long as a hundred years.

I happen to love the new UConn husky logo because much like UConn Esq - I have always owned huskies and am accustomed to various masks. That said, there are of course all-white huskies although they still differ from Samoyeds and Eskimo Dogs. I also have no real skin in the game other than wanting you all as conference mates so those that feel attachment with the old branding I'm sure have very strong and valid opinions.

The Jayhawk was, I think, ranked the #1 most recognizable college sports team logo in the country. Really mostly unchanged since 1945. I should put one on my car.

CL82

Reaction Score
1923 Jayhawk is about to drop a deuce.
You know. your new avatar is making me miss the Dude's picture.

Agree Re the 1923 logo.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
You know. your new avatar is making me miss the Dude's picture.

Agree Re the 1923 logo.

The new avatar has generated much emotion. No one is on the fence. About half the people like the Dude, and the other half are more attracted to Peter Griffin modeling a bikini top and jorts.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The new avatar has generated much emotion. No one is on the fence. About half the people like the Dude, and the other half are more attracted to Peter Griffin modeling a bikini top and jorts.

They both stink. Peter Griffin is less problematic. How about a nice Husky dog?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

And be the 943rd person on the board (granted it's a board about Huskies, but still) with that avatar? No thanks. I like being unique. Even more than being unique though, I like pushing this board's buttons. Maybe next week I'll put up an avatar of Randy Edsall so the football board can tell me how much they hate him.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile they're still using Polaroids in Louisville and Houston.

CL82

Reaction Score
And be the 943rd person on the board (granted it's a board about Huskies, but still) with that avatar? No thanks. I like being unique. Even more than being unique though, I like pushing this board's buttons. Maybe next week I'll put up an avatar of Randy Edsall so the football board can tell me how much they hate him.
1380549664000-USATSI-7404515.jpg

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
But then which would be a "nice" Husky dog: an all-white one or one with a mask? Just more controversy.

Personally I don't discriminate (as the double Jonathan avatar from the 2014 parade attests), but it's evident from this thread that many people care deeply about this issue.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
image.jpeg
07344e3c75d55fae5fc4ab20aa6d0d79.jpg

Granted - the red head, blue body and yellow beak/shoes have remained for 93 years now and perhaps what UConn did would be more akin to KU coming out with a new bird that has a blue head and body. Still, hard to say things don't change over the course of a period as long as a hundred years.

I happen to love the new UConn husky logo because much like UConn Esq - I have always owned huskies and am accustomed to various masks. That said, there are of course all-white huskies although they still differ from Samoyeds and Eskimo Dogs. I also have no real skin in the game other than wanting you all as conference mates so those that feel attachment with the old branding I'm sure have very strong and valid opinions.
2017 KU mascot revealed.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Source: The school needs to prove that they can travel in Football. @Houston and @BC - the eyes will be looking for Navy and Blue.

Reaction Score
Source: The school needs to prove that they can travel in Football. @Houston and @BC - the eyes will be looking for Navy and Blue.

Outside of CT, Boston is UConn's second largest Alumni base (NYC is first) and with the 'emotions' around UConn's relationship with BC, I am expecting a solid UConn turnout there unless BC make it hard to get tickets (BC, PC, Hall did that a lot for basketball back in the day). A Thursday night game in a city that is 1,800 miles away that has a very small UConn alumni base that seats 40,000 for a 'hot' football team right now is not going to be easy. Heck, it would not be easy for any program.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Outside of CT, Boston is UConn's second largest Alumni base (NYC is first) and with the 'emotions' around UConn's relationship with BC, I am expecting a solid UConn turnout there unless BC make it hard to get tickets (BC, PC, Hall did that a lot for basketball back in the day). A Thursday night game in a city that is 1,800 miles away that has a very small UConn alumni base that seats 40,000 for a 'hot' football team right now is not going to be easy. Heck, it would not be easy for any program.

Tickets are still available from the AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom