Reports of UConn Players game performance in the NBA | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Reports of UConn Players game performance in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good to see him go back to how he was playing at the beginning of the year. Before his collision with Chandler, he was making another leap, and then...his stats went into the toilet for a while.
If you look at his numbers without the games he was recovering from the shoulder, he is shooting something like 47% from the field.

Reaction Score
Frustrating night. Ray was invisible in the big Heat-Pacers game. Minnesota was the perfect anti-Drummond remedy. They had a big lug to just throw a body on him (Pekovic) and then just let Love go get all the rebounds. Pekovic didn't even try to get a lot of the boards, just paved the way for Love who absolutely abused Greg Monroe. Killed him. Drummond had 8 and 8 and didn't play at all in the fourth due to the blowout loss.

Meanwhile, Lamb had his minutes squeezed (21) even without Sefolosha. He looked like he could have a big night, but he finished with 11 on 5-9 shooting. Had a three rim out and a swooping lefty layup that bounced off, otherwise his numbers might have been even better. Fisher got his minutes in the fourth and then they went to Perkins late.

Fisher really needs to go away. That fossil is some sort of security blanket for Brooks even though he can't play a lick any more. 35 percent shooting and one assist a night. I'm speaking from a Lamb-centric perspective - I imagine there are some Arkansas Little Rock fans out there who wish Lamb would play less.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Lamb had his minutes squeezed (21) even without Sefolosha. He looked like he could have a big night, but he finished with 11 on 5-9 shooting. Had a three rim out and a swooping lefty layup that bounced off, otherwise his numbers might have been even better. Fisher got his minutes in the fourth and then they went to Perkins late.

Fisher really needs to go away. That fossil is some sort of security blanket for Brooks even though he can't play a lick any more. 35 percent shooting and one assist a night. I'm speaking from a Lamb-centric perspective - I imagine there are some Arkansas Little Rock fans out there who wish Lamb would play less.
Hopefully he takes Brooks with him.

Reaction Score
Good to see him go back to how he was playing at the beginning of the year. Before his collision with Chandler, he was making another leap, and then...his stats went into the toilet for a while.

Yeah, he went through a seven game stretch where he shot a mind-numbing 26% from the field. It kind of reminded me of J.R. Smith in the playoffs last year. You hardly ever see a guy who shoots that much, shoot that poorly, for that long. It was dreadful, to the point that the injury had to played a role, because otherwise, he's been very efficient on a team that isn't exactly buzzing with offensive weapons to alleviate the pressure.

Reaction Score
Gavid 72 said:
Nothing about Kemba's big game??

Not everyone uses this pinned thread - there were a few posts here and then a separate thread called "Kemba Being Kemba" or something.

Reaction Score
Not everyone uses this pinned thread - there were a few posts here and then a separate thread called "Kemba Being Kemba" or something.

this thread is awesome, but if one of our alums has a great game that stands out then its ok to use a thread on him

Reaction Score
this thread is awesome, but if one of our alums has a great game that stands out then its ok to use a thread on him

Oh yeah - I agree. I wasn't criticizing the other thread - I've started new threads too. Was pointing out that we didn't miss it even though there were only a few posts in here about it.Won't post a new thread about tonight, though - all our guys have had rough nights (although Drummond and Lamb have the second half to come).

Reaction Score
nice little spurt here from Lamb in the 3rd, pick and pop 3 on a feed from Durant, on the next possession he catches the pass on the 3 point line and as the D closes out hard pump fakes and hits a floater plus the foul from the baseline, then on the next possession gets a break away dunk after a Durant steal, 8pts in a row, 10 for the game now.

Reaction Score
En fuego - back to back threes for 16. He looked a little flat in the first half, but has been great during this spurt.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to wonder if Kemba just has too many 4 for 18 type nights to ever be a consistently efficient starting point guard in this league. His ultimate destiny may be as a sixth man on a contender.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to wonder if Kemba just has too many 4 for 18 type nights to ever be a consistently efficient starting point guard in this league. His ultimate destiny may be as a sixth man on a contender.

He digs himself such a hole with nights like this. If he could have a bad shooting day be 3-10 and instead be a facilitator on those nights, he'd put up more respectable numbers when you add them all up. He was really bad in the first half today (0-7, five turnovers, one assist) before being just regular bad in the second half (one of his made buckets was a gimme layup with 20 seconds left that Orlando didn't really defend). He just doesn't get enough easy baskets to make up for days his jumper is off.

Reaction Score
He digs himself such a hole with nights like this. If he could have a bad shooting day be 3-10 and instead be a facilitator on those nights, he'd put up more respectable numbers when you add them all up. He was really bad in the first half today (0-7, five turnovers, one assist) before being just regular bad in the second half (one of his made buckets was a gimme layup with 20 seconds left that Orlando didn't really defend). He just doesn't get enough easy baskets to make up for days his jumper is off.

Yup, it seems like most of the time he's good, but when he's bad, he's really bad. Already this season, he's had shooting nights of 2 for 13, 1 of 13, 4 of 19, 3 of 14, 3 of 17, and now 4 of 18. It's just difficult to consistently shoot that poorly from the field and be able to overcome it to the point that your end of season averages are respectable. Of course, he'll frequently follow those games up with 10 for 18 or 12 for 20 type nights, and I guess that's what gives him the license (at least in his mind) to continue firing when things go awry. Usually, these type of players bounce around for a while on bad teams, and then end up coming off the bench on really good teams. Ride him when he's hot, sit him when he's not, would seem to be the logic.

Reaction Score
champs99and04 said:
Yup, it seems like most of the time he's good, but when he's bad, he's really bad. Already this season, he's had shooting nights of 2 for 13, 1 of 13, 4 of 19, 3 of 14, 3 of 17, and now 4 of 18. It's just difficult to consistently shoot that poorly from the field and be able to overcome it to the point that your end of season averages are respectable. Of course, he'll frequently follow those games up with 10 for 18 or 12 for 20 type nights, and I guess that's what gives him the license (at least in his mind) to continue firing when things go awry. Usually, these type of players bounce around for a while on bad teams, and then end up coming off the bench on really good teams. Ride him when he's hot, sit him when he's not, would seem to be the logic.

He's been a bit fortunate that Sessions has been kinda poor in his own right, so benching hasn't been an option (plus he does compete consistently). The Clifford offense also seems to use McRoberts a lot as a point forward and require Kemba to score more than distribute, so maybe the days of going 3-10 aren't in the cards until they get more weapons. He just needs to figure out how to make his slumps less slumpy -- and lengthen his hot streaks.

Reaction Score
He's been a bit fortunate that Sessions has been kinda poor in his own right, so benching hasn't been an option (plus he does compete consistently). The Clifford offense also seems to use McRoberts a lot as a point forward and require Kemba to score more than distribute, so maybe the days of going 3-10 aren't in the cards until they get more weapons. He just needs to figure out how to make his slumps less slumpy -- and lengthen his hot streaks.
It's strange, how come every time walker plays inefficiently, gerald Henderson is just as inefficient if not worst? Having a steady 2 guard would help him a lot. Henderson just isn't a good three point shooter and is inconsistent mid range.

Reaction Score
http://newsok.com/article/3913761

Five observations from the Thunder's 116-100 win in Memphis

3. Jeremy Lamb’s hot shooting - Speaking of the second-unit, here’s a quick look at what Jeremy Lamb did on this brief two-game road trip: 12-of-18 shooting for 27 points in 49 minutes. For the season, he’s now averaging 9.4 points on 47 percent shooting and 40 percent from three, numbers that the Thunder will take in a heartbeat. And with each passing game, you can see the confidence growing and the trigger getting quicker. Here’s his impressive shot chart:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbS1zbbCYAAIBFW.png
BbS1zbbCYAAIBFW.png

-Takeaway: He’s a great mid-range and deep shooter, but Russell Westbrook should tell him: “No more threes from the left corner for you, bro”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Espn Insider article by Tom Haberstroh discussing All-Star squads.

Andre Drummond, Detroit Pistons

Drummond probably will get some love for Most Improved Player this season, but in reality his per-minute numbers are nearly identical to his rookie season. The difference? He's finally getting the run he deserves. He tops every East center in EWA, and he paces the league in field goal percentage as well as jaw-drop percentage. Start the "Big Penguin" in the Big Easy.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Armstrong was wide open for a jam last night for a good 10 seconds screaming for the ball but Harrison Barnes just kept dribbling around and eventually coughed it up I think. Now I'm really convinced Nolan is Hilton 2.0

Reaction Score
Interesting night:

Gay looked pretty good in Sacramento debut. Had 24 on 8-12 shooting, and two misses were threes he had to force up (end of shot clock on one, 30 seconds left down 7 on the other)
Drummond went nuts for a while and then went into witness protection in the fourth. Still had 22 and 13 on 8-12 shooting and 6-8 at the line (made 6 straight!)
Lamb had 11 on 5-10 shooting and just sorta coasted in the fourth of a blowout win. Hit a couple spectacular swooping shots and then blew a gimme. But looks good doesn't get to the line enough is the only quibble.
Thabeet capped off Thunder win with a post move from 15 feet out, dribbling in to a floating jumper in paint. Looked coordinated.
Kemba struggled again. Shot 5-14 and didn't make plays late when they had a chance to upset Indiana. Ben shot poorly. Jeff played 3 minutes.
Armstrong just dunked on Dwight Howard! (Not really - Howard left him to help on Curry). But Hilty had 3 Rebs in 4 minutes.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
did he hack a Howard at all
No, completely sealed him off the last couple minutes of the quarter... rendered him useless. I remember him defending really well against Howard a few seasons back when he was playing for Atlanta in their playoff series against Orlando.

Reaction Score
No, completely sealed him off the last couple minutes of the quarter... rendered him useless. I remember him defending really well against Howard a few seasons back when he was playing for Atlanta in their playoff series against Orlando.

i was joking with the hack a Howard just like saying it lol, I just tuned into the game not knowing it was even on. Great to see Hilton sticking in the league still making that extra money, he has taken the Ollie route as a 1st round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom