Reports of UConn Players game performance in the NBA | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Reports of UConn Players game performance in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting night:

Gay looked pretty good in Sacramento debut. Had 24 on 8-12 shooting, and two misses were threes he had to force up (end of shot clock on one, 30 seconds left down 7 on the other)
Drummond went nuts for a while and then went into witness protection in the fourth. Still had 22 and 13 on 8-12 shooting and 6-8 at the line (made 6 straight!)
Lamb had 11 on 5-10 shooting and just sorta coasted in the fourth of a blowout win. Hit a couple spectacular swooping shots and then blew a gimme. But looks good doesn't get to the line enough is the only quibble.
Thabeet capped off Thunder win with a post move from 15 feet out, dribbling in to a floating jumper in paint. Looked coordinated.
Kemba struggled again. Shot 5-14 and didn't make plays late when they had a chance to upset Indiana. Ben shot poorly. Jeff played 3 minutes.
Armstrong just dunked on Dwight Howard! (Not really - Howard left him to help on Curry). But Hilty had 3 Rebs in 4 minutes.

Did KG guard AD at all.

Reaction Score
Scoe said:
Did KG guard AD at all.

A little bit. They started Reggie Evans to match up with Drummond, and Blatche was on him a lot, but KG had him a few possessions and actually seemed to do OK keeping him off the glass. One possession they threw it in to him 1 on 1 with KG and he beat him baseline but stepped o/b. Might have been the only time he posted up and got the ball all night.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
i was joking with the hack a Howard just like saying it lol, I just tuned into the game not knowing it was even on. Great to see Hilton sticking in the league still making that extra money, he has taken the Ollie route as a 1st round pick.

I doubt any of us would've expected he'd last longer in the league than Boone, Williams, Anderson, and D Brown.

Reaction Score
A little bit. They started Reggie Evans to match up with Drummond, and Blatche was on him a lot, but KG had him a few possessions and actually seemed to do OK keeping him off the glass. One possession they threw it in to him 1 on 1 with KG and he beat him baseline but stepped o/b. Might have been the only time he posted up and got the ball all night.

I forgot they posted him up against Plumlee once too and he backed him down from 15 feet and powered a jump hook over him. Was a total mismatch. If he can find a way to do that more consistently, he may get more designed post ups as the season goes on.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Kemba having a great game, 7-8 17pts and 8 assts
At one point he was 10 for 11 from the field and the Bobcats should have won. Unfortunately, Jefferson was awful down the stretch...looked like he missed his last 4 or 5 shots.

Reaction Score
At one point he was 10 for 11 from the field and the Bobcats should have won. Unfortunately, Jefferson was awful down the stretch...looked like he missed his last 4 or 5 shots.

might have been too much to ask for in regards to awareness given it was the last few seconds, but BG was also parked in the corner and it looked there was enough time to pass it to him for a wide open 3. Instead Jefferson went for the 2(down 3), which he missed just like every other shot down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Kemba made 9 shots in a row at one point (he started 1-2). Missed his last two - although his last one was a 911 attempt at a 3 at the end of the shot clock after Jefferson had his shot blocked. He was also passing well (8 assists).

Bummer that it came in an L. The Lakers also currently don't have a point guard, so it was an ideal matchup if you want to take the glass half empty approach, but glad he took advantage of it with a strong game. He's such a yo-yo right now. Awesome one day, 3-18 the next.

Reaction Score
not watching the game but looking at the Kings boxscore Rudy is having his 2nd good game in a row, hopefully he keeps it up because he also started off well for the Raptors. Lamb is off to a hot start, 4/6 for 9pts and playing very aggressive., even looking off Westbrook and taking and converting a deep 3 towards the end of the 1st quarter to capitalize on the 2 for 1 opportunity.

Reaction Score
watched the 4th quarter of Kings/Rockets, it looked like a completely different Rudy, no forced shots, playing within the flow of the game while making nice passes, and him and Cousins actually had a nice 2 man game going. I might have to add the Kings to the nightly viewing list because the Rudy in Toronto was unwatchable.

Reaction Score
Lamb now with a smooth 16 on 7/9 shooting, 2 pts away from his career high. OKC is actually finally taking advantage of his ability to shoot off the move and running plays for him

Reaction Score
Great night for our alumni. Rudy puts up an efficient 26 in a Kings win, Lamb pours in 16 in only 23 minutes, and Drummond struggles a little offensively but still ends up with 14 and 13.

Reaction Score
http://newsok.com/article/3915049

3. Lamb’s strong play - Jeremy Lamb went 7-of-10 for 16 points in 23 minutes on Sunday and it was just as impressive and impactful as it sounds. His motion looks effortless, his shot looks easy and his on-court mindset is getting more assertive by the game. You really couldn’t ask for much more from the 21-year-old to this point. He’s in such a groove: 24-of-38 shooting (63 percent) in the past four games and 41-of-75 (54 percent) this month. I’ll be writing about him for Tuesday’s paper.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Kind of funny how Rudy Gay and HA both wore #8 as members of the Kings.

Reaction Score
Kemba heating up in the third quarter against Sacramento. Has 19 on 7 of 11 from the field.

Reaction Score
Scott Brooks is really starting to piss me off. Derek Fisher should not be getting any minutes any more. He has no game. None. His shot is gone, and he is helpless in the paint due to being short with no wingspan. Sefolosha has no real game either but he's at least 10 years younger and can defend a few positions. Let Lamb play so he can make some mistakes and learn from them, and become a guy you're comfortable putting out there at the end of a close playoff game.

Reaction Score
Scott Brooks is really starting to piss me off. Derek Fisher should not be getting any minutes any more. He has no game. None. His shot is gone, and he is helpless in the paint due to being short with no wingspan. Sefolosha has no real game either but he's at least 10 years younger and can defend a few positions. Let Lamb play so he can make some mistakes and learn from them, and become a guy you're comfortable putting out there at the end of a close playoff game.

Fish did make a couple of plays in the 4th, a 3 and then a 3 point play, but yea I feel you. Lamb should never exit a game before Fish when they come in at the same time unless he has foul trouble, and thats what happened tonight in the 2nd quarter when Lamb got pulled for Westbrook yet Fish remained on the floor. I don't get why he force feeds Fisher in there with another PG, sliding Lamb over to the SF spot, when at this point Lamb is a better ballhandler and passer than Fish. The minutes he spends on Fish could also be used to play Perry Jones at the SF spot.

Reaction Score
Well, can't be mad at Brooks now. He gave Lamb the whole fourth quarter, but that might have just been because Jackson lost his shoe and they put Westbrook in for him. He played well without having his shot going. Ended up with 9 on 4-9 shooting to go with 7 boards and three assists (no turnovers). He got beat a couple times on D, but learning curve stuff.

Reaction Score
aceboon said:
Fish did make a couple of plays in the 4th, a 3 and then a 3 point play, but yea I feel you. Lamb should never exit a game before Fish when they come in at the same time unless he has foul trouble, and thats what happened tonight in the 2nd quarter when Lamb got pulled for Westbrook yet Fish remained on the floor. I don't get why he force feeds Fisher in there with another PG, sliding Lamb over to the SF spot, when at this point Lamb is a better ballhandler and passer than Fish. The minutes he spends on Fish could also be used to play Perry Jones at the SF spot.

Yah, Fisher finally made an open look in the fourth and had a pretty decent stretch (feeding Durant for a layup too), but he's shooting 33 percent on the year. I get that being a veteran he's usually in the right place on defensive rotations and is smart, so he is a security blanket to a degree. But it's December and a quick hook for Lamb in the second quarter stunts his growth a little bit in favor of a guy who neither needs the minutes nor the experience, nor does he give you a lot of value added.

Lamb didn't have his shot going in the first half so he didn't necessarily deserve more than six minutes in the first half, but there are still things he needs to learn - how to find offense when the three ball isn't going, and especially how to get to the line. He has only attempted 13 FTs all year, which is an awful rate, although you can argue it is fine for now - it is more important that he get comfortable on offense than try to throw his body around worrying about foul shots. But eventually he needs to learn a little bit of craftiness with drawing fouls on the drive when his three is off and the D takes his floater away. That's what second quarter minutes can do.

Reaction Score
Yah, Fisher finally made an open look in the fourth and had a pretty decent stretch (feeding Durant for a layup too), but he's shooting 33 percent on the year. I get that being a veteran he's usually in the right place on defensive rotations and is smart, so he is a security blanket to a degree. But it's December and a quick hook for Lamb in the second quarter stunts his growth a little bit in favor of a guy who neither needs the minutes nor the experience, nor does he give you a lot of value added.

Lamb didn't have his shot going in the first half so he didn't necessarily deserve more than six minutes in the first half, but there are still things he needs to learn - how to find offense when the three ball isn't going, and especially how to get to the line. He has only attempted 13 FTs all year, which is an awful rate, although you can argue it is fine for now - it is more important that he get comfortable on offense than try to throw his body around worrying about foul shots. But eventually he needs to learn a little bit of craftiness with drawing fouls on the drive when his three is off and the D takes his floater away. That's what second quarter minutes can do.

Yea I'm hoping that Lamb eventually picks up the little crafty tools of the trade that Durant and Westbrook have as far as drawing contact. Seeing how often Durant/Westbrook/Harden went to the line when they were all together I would have to think they shared some secrets, hopefully that will rub off on Lamb in time. One thing I've noticed when he does get all the way to the rim is that he contorts his body on drives to avoid contact, whereas when you watch Durant and Westbrook they often look like their main purpose is drawing contact first and then making the shot 2nd. Lamb also doesn't do himself any favors in the foul dept with the floater since he's catching defenders by surprise before they can react, although of course that it is one of his trademark shots.

Reaction Score
Kemba's game winner in OT tonight:
dp6349

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members