Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
100%. Especially at a time when CFP is going to expand to 8 with a G5 conference champ auto bid that if we're an independent we're ineligible for.
I don't see the football program ever being able to compete at the level required to win an AAC championship.

Reaction Score
This, 100%. Bottom line is, UConn fans/alumni don’t care about SMU/UCF/USF/ECU/Tulane/Wichita...and they never will no matter how good those schools are. This brings back regional rivalries with St Johns, Providence, and Seton Hall within driving distance, and MSG for the conference tournament. With the double round robin, this guarantees at least two games at MSG per year with playing at St Johns, and the Big East Tournament. This is all good for recruiting and something to build on for the New-New Big East starting in 2020.
Yeah and unfortunately we aren't ever going to be a national school as far football brand. It just wasn't going to happen as the shipped past when fat boy was eating donuts and not being proactive about getting us into a better conference.

Reaction Score
Well then call up Wyoming, they have a national championship too. The contract will go through the roof with UCONN and Wyoming!!!
Wow! Dude, take a nap or something because you have completely lost touch with reality. When I read that, I thought of this

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
100% agree. You forgot all of the other teams in the current Big East who were never in the old Big East - like Villanova, Georgetown, Providence, Seton Hall, Marquette, and St. John's. None of them are good either.
Georgetown, PU, Seton Hall and SJ were charter members. Nova joined a year later.

Reaction Score
This could have been done after next wave of realignment - UCONN could have attempted to get into an actual P5 conference and not a fringe conference like the BE.
We weren't going to be in the next wave of realignment with a bottom feeder FBS football program. Like the football guys say that it runs the ship but that is only when we have a decent team. That wasn't going to ever happen in the foreseeable future. Maybe if CT was doing better financially but they couldn't afford to bleed money anymore hoping that football would miraculously turn it around and soon.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Cincinnati has a good football program. I’d stay and roll the dice on a Big 10 invite if I were Cincy.
To be published next year:

“Both UConn and Cincinnati had been under consideration for a Big Ten invite, but when UConn left for the New Big East it confirmed the concerns about its football program and made Cincinnati the easy choice.”

Reaction Score
Destroy what? There is nothing left but losses. Games and money! If the team was even mediocre in the AAC, you would have a point. But they aren't. Not even close. Laughingstock...

Don't worry, you won. Take your victory lap today.

Reaction Score
Strictly from the standpoint of me seeing games I am thrilled. As a person living in NJ, being able to see away games at Seton Hall, at MSG (St.Johns), at Villanova, at Georgetown and Big East Tournament at MSG again is huge.

Reaction Score
Wow! Dude, take a nap or something because you have completely lost touch with reality. When I read that, I thought of this
View attachment 44025

Why? You sound like a typical basketball fan talking about the past like it Matters today. Can you quantify how much additional money UCONN will get for the NBE in tv contract negotiations?

Reaction Score
What an insult to the fans. Small minded losers make small minded loser decisions. I’m done with UConn is they go that route.
And going 18-55 while a member of the American was a winner decision?

Reaction Score

“Both UConn and Cincinnati had been under consideration for a Big Ten invite, but when UConn left for the New Big East it confirmed the concerns about its football program and made Cincinnati the easy choice.”

i think you meant to say "Both Uconn and Cincy had been under consideration for a Big Ten invite, but the conference ultimately chose to add ucf and houston." i.e. we weren't even close. it would have been 2013 all over again.

Reaction Score

It was going to be Cinci no matter what we did. They took Rutgers over us.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It was going to be Cinci no matter what we did. They took Rutgers over us.
We were making BCS bowl games during the realignment talks and they didn’t even think about adding us. As soon as the Big East added us in football teams started leaving.

Reaction Score
Yeah and unfortunately we aren't ever going to be a national school as far football brand. It just wasn't going to happen as the shipped past when fat boy was eating donuts and not being proactive about getting us into a better conference.
I know everything Im about to say is wrong, but UConn Football has been a joke in the college football world over the past 7 years to the point of being one of the worst teams to ever play the sport going back 100 years. Nobody goes to the games anymore, and do you really think to the casual football fans theres really much of a difference between Tulane, ECU, Memphis, or SMU, vs any of the schools we will face in a different conference thats still outside the Power 5? I know the real answer is $$$, and UConn football will lose $$$ not playing in the AAC anymore, but I honestly believe football attendance will rise if the team is more competitive in a lesser league compared to being historically bad in the AAC.

Thats just my opinion that I know will be destroyed, but in all seriousness, what happens to the games we already have scheduled vs Duke and other non conference schools for football? I would assume they are still binding contracts...

Reaction Score
I know everything Im about to say is wrong, but UConn Football has been a joke in the college football world over the past 7 years to the point of being one of the worst teams to ever play the sport going back 100 years. Nobody goes to the games anymore, and do you really think to the casual football fans theres really much of a difference between Tulane, ECU, Memphis, or SMU, vs any of the schools we will face in a different conference thats still outside the Power 5? I know the real answer is $$$, and UConn football will lose $$$ not playing in the AAC anymore, but I honestly believe football attendance will rise if the team is more competitive in a lesser league compared to being historically bad in the AAC.

Thats just my opinion that I know will be destroyed, but in all seriousness, what happens to the games we already have scheduled vs Duke and other non conference schools for football? I would assume they are still binding contracts...

Emphasis on UConn will not drop football and will not drop to FCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom