Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So there are only two options in your world? Everyone is either equally or one is everything? Good lord.

Better than the option in your world which is I only care about BB and screw everything else.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Your all missing the point. Why does it have to be about revenue? I'm just saying if your a UConn Alum or fan you should care about all the sports at the school and not just Basketball.

Agree 10000000%

Reaction Score
Well unfortunately I loved the men's basketball team way before I went to the school. I have even been a fan of the football team by supporting them and going to their first bowl game in Detroit against Toledo. I just don't care anymore about the program as it has been run into the mud by bad hires and lack of administration moves to get us to a better conference when we had a chance. It is sad but real truth. I don't wish bad on the football program but we can't kill off the basketball lifeline by staying in this conference.

Oh yes it was the AAC that killed men’s basketball. Not Kevin Ollie failing to do basic recruiting practices.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Moving to the NBE will be a dark day for UConn athletics. The AAC has a better chance of staying with the P5 when the inevitable school spilt comes. And, it appears UConn has decided that a P5 invite is never coming as being in the NBE does not prepare you for the P5.

The move to the NBE is a backward looking nostalgic move that makes no strategic long term sense.
Our brand is so attached to the Big East that Half the country thinks we’re still in the Big East and there is zero light at the end of the football tunnel. I want to be the first program that makes a move not the last again. The gloried C-USA will collapse when UCF, Houston and Cincinnati leave during next realignment. This move was inevitable.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just reached out to some of my sources in the BE and can verify when the BE presidents vote on UConn it will be a unanimous "yes" vote.
Also, reached out to some of my UConn sources and can verify after the BE presidents vote to accept UConn, UConn will accept the offer.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Where is this narrative that they didn’t forecast or analyze multiple scenarios coming from? They’re obviously not going to blindly change conferences.

Ummmm have you seen how UConn has been run the past decade? They don't think before they do anything.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that went over your head. That isn't the option in my world. My world has lots of options where everyone is considered but there are priorities. Your world is some sort of bizarre sports version of communism.

Reaction Score
UConn hasn't been able to compete in the AAC. We are stuck in the lower half of the conference.Maybe taking a step backward to the Big East will give us abetter chance to be competitive.
Not at the expense of football.

Reaction Score

Oh yes it was the AAC that killed men’s basketball. Not Kevin Ollie failing to do basic recruiting practices.
Exactly, we have a delusional fan base that thinks its the Conference that hurt us. It was the coaching hires that killed us. News flash, the AAC is just as good as the NBE, the AAC in football is way better than what the OBE had to offer and baseball which is the one program that did have a good coach in place has made major strides against way better competition.

Reaction Score
Well unfortunately I loved the men's basketball team way before I went to the school. I have even been a fan of the football team by supporting them and going to their first bowl game in Detroit against Toledo. I just don't care anymore about the program as it has been run into the mud by bad hires and lack of administration moves to get us to a better conference when we had a chance. It is sad but real truth. I don't wish bad on the football program but we can't kill off the basketball lifeline by staying in this conference.
You do realize those other conferences had to invite us? Hard to blame administrations for bad teams. AD maybe, coaches yeah, players yeah. School prez, not so much.

Reaction Score
Exactly, we have a delusional fan base that thinks its the Conference that hurt us. It was the coaching hires that killed us. News flash, the AAC is just as good as the NBE, the AAC in football is way better than what the OBE had to offer and baseball which is the one program that did have a good coach in place has made major strides against way better competition.

nbe put 4, 6, 7 teams in the tourney the last 3 years, I believe. It's not close basketball-wise.

Baseball is so little of a consideration here it's laughable.

This should be a godsend for every team but football. You think the swim team wants to fly to texas?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

The American definitely hurt basketball. It didn't have the ability to hurt it as badly as Kevin Ollie did, but it definitely hurt.

But this is bad for football and baseball - really bad.

It also slams the door on ever joining a revenue conference. I think we will live to regret this.

C

Chief00

Just reached out to some of my sources in the BE and can verify when the BE presidents vote on UConn it will be a unanimous "yes" vote.
Also, reached out to some of my UConn sources and can verify after the BE presidents vote to accept UConn, UConn will accept the offer.
#ChiefCertified

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The American definitely hurt basketball. It didn't have the ability to hurt it as badly as Kevin Ollie did, but it definitely hurt.

It also slams the door on ever joining a revenue conference. I think we will live to regret this.

Common sense does exist on this board. Agreed 1000%.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

100%. Especially at a time when CFP is going to expand to 8 with a G5 conference champ auto bid that if we're an independent we're ineligible for.

C

Chief00

For football I guess we will see if Fox Sports is the inverse of ESPN for UConn football - these networks pay the bills and carry a lot of weight - otherwise you make some good points.
My basketball friends though have been calling all morning excited - Hurley is going to kill it in the Big East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom