Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And what did we give them? The worst football program in the country? A 9th place men’s basketball program?
How many titles do they have, Skeezix? How many are UConn?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For those members of the horde lurking here, this is your plot line for your "investigative" stories you will produce over the next 6 months.

To make this easier for you, UConn is Scuffy and the BE is the bathtub.

C

Chief00

You do realize those other conferences had to invite us? Hard to blame administrations for bad teams. AD maybe, coaches yeah, players yeah. School prez, not so much.
Conference realignment as we have just seen today - is exclusively a game played in the Presidential Club.

Reaction Score
We were never ever getting the P5 invite. The ACC and Big 10 have made that incredibly clear by now. If there is another round on expansion in a few years, Houston, UCF, and Cincy would be the first to go. This was 100% the correct move. Our football program is beyond dead, the least they could do was save basketball

Reaction Score
nbe put 4, 6, 7 teams in the tourney the last 3 years, I believe. It's not close basketball-wise.

Baseball is so little of a consideration here it's laughable.

This should be a godsend for every team but football. You think the swim team wants to fly to texas?
This is very bad for baseball. But doesn't change how happy I am that this is happening

Reaction Score
The American definitely hurt basketball. It didn't have the ability to hurt it as badly as Kevin Ollie did, but it definitely hurt.

But this is bad for football and baseball - really bad.

It also slams the door on ever joining a revenue conference. I think we will live to regret this.
Agreed on basketball. No one thinks the AAC hurt us more than Ollie did.

It may hurt baseball but I am not sure it will hurt THAT much and I am not sure it matters that much either. The tail shouldn't wave the dog.

For football, sure, it is initially bad but football is already effectively dead. Maybe we can find a spot where the team can be better than 1-11, even if it is with lower recruits. And, maybe, that actually puts us in a better spot for a P5 invite. Is it better to be a laughingstock in the AAC or a decent team in something like the MAC?

Reaction Score
This is very bad for baseball. But doesn't change how happy I am that this is happening

You're right. A couple other teams too.

Baseball isn't bringing in basketball money no matter what they do anyways.

Reaction Score
This is fantastic news.

I don't see how anyone is holding on to the pipe dream of a P5 invitation at this point. It was never going to happen. The university finally accepted its reality.

We're probably not one of the top choices any more of the remaining non-P5 schools. UConn was in a very different spot at the 2013 realignment; we were coming off a decent stretch for the football program and the basketball program was still great. What exactly do we bring to the table if we stay in the AAC? A basketball program that can hopefully be turned around by Hurley and one of the worst football programs in the country in a region that does not care about college football.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The thought of senior Alterique Gilbert leading UConn to a New Big East tournament championship at MSG during UConn’s first year in the conference >>>>>
Even RJ Cole a gritty northern jersey kid who played for Hurley Sr. Good story lines early! First time in a while I genuinely feel good about the future of Uconn basketball.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sounds like we’re just waiting for the vote and invitation. No brainer for both sides as Uconn and Big East are attached at the brand hip.

Side note: I think when the story is written years from now Dan Hurley is the reason we moved back home. His lobbying and salesmanship won the right people over.

Agree that Hurley is a big part of this.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I heard there's been an offer for years. If there's motion it's because they've given up on football. Can you blame them?

I meant getting out of the AAC that fast. Soccer starts in 14 months. We’ve always heard 27 months or whatever.

Reaction Score
This is all over the place now.

UConn basketball is heading back to the Big East.

An NCAA source has confirmed a report from late Friday night by digitalsportsdesk.com that said UConn officials are making plans to return to the Big East for basketball (and, ostensibly, other sports). The one hold-up is what to do with football, which the UConn athletics office is still trying to figure out. But the school remains completely committed to football, with zero intention of dropping it, according to a source.

Reaction Score
Big if true. Hurley gets the XL center to raise the inside temperature and gets the team to a better conference, all within 15 months on the job. Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom