Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
After running around the living room in my underwear screaming free at last as a 37 year old man, I had to calmly sit down and explain the behavior to my girlfriend (and dogs), I’ve been unsuccessful so far.

C

Chief00

You never know - we schedule the most P5 teams in the league. Great relationships with a couple of the schools in conference. Aresco is a UConn guy. Its the third most likely option, but not a 0% chance. After all, who can they replace UConn with that moves the needle? BYU and Boise aren't coming. UMass? Southern Miss?
Please explain how Aresco is a UConn guy? Sure, grew up in CT but ....,.,,

Reaction Score
How are reporters going to really impact this? UCONN will do what is best for UCONN. You don't think UCONN has had plenty of time to look at options and know what is financially best for them? I think they no football is going Independent with this move.

This move centered around the horrible AAC contract and losing rights to broadcast games on SNY. They also see all their Olympic sports having a chance to not lose so much money because of travel.

So we should just take their word that paying a huge exit fee, damaging football/baseball, and living in the past is the right response to the bad deal?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Is that when they announced their intention to leave mere seconds after word broke that Pitt and 'Cuse were going to the ACC? If so, then that's a lie peddled by Louisville and others.

Believe what you want. No skin off my back.

L'ville told Big East it was leaving before invite

As we learned today, however, it wasn't so simple -- the Cardinals actually told the Big East they were leaving before they received an invite from a new conference.
Athletic director Tom Jurich gave the conference notice 27 months before the move -- that's back in October 2011, for those counting -- which will save the school $4 million, bumping the fee from $15 million to $11 million.

Reaction Score
Equally? Come on now, you don't really believe that, do you? Football drives the bus unless it is financially killing the AD. Basketball is second. Baseball is a distant third and maybe tied with hockey.
Baseball is more inline with track and field than hockey.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t get how they could do it
1. This quickly
I heard there's been an offer for years. If there's motion it's because they've given up on football. Can you blame them?

Reaction Score
Yeah figuratively killing yourself totally sticks it to the man. SMH.
You guys need to stop being drama queens. If football is so important, shouldn't we consider how it was dieing in the AAC? What was the plan to reverse that? Maybe, just maybe, there is a place where the football team can actually flourish. The program was awful and bleeding money in the AAC. The aura of that great football conference was not working for us. You have to look for other options at that point.

Reaction Score
If you went to UConn, yes you should care about each equally and not just pretend Basketball is the only sport that exists.
Well unfortunately I loved the men's basketball team way before I went to the school. I have even been a fan of the football team by supporting them and going to their first bowl game in Detroit against Toledo. I just don't care anymore about the program as it has been run into the mud by bad hires and lack of administration moves to get us to a better conference when we had a chance. It is sad but real truth. I don't wish bad on the football program but we can't kill off the basketball lifeline by staying in this conference.

C

Chief00

Pumping the seat donation pump - some are a couple hundred and others $800 per location.
So round numbers let’s say $800 times 6,000 seat (which is an average seat donation of $400 in each building ) and you have $4.8 million each year.

Reaction Score
Moving to the NBE will be a dark day for UConn athletics. The AAC has a better chance of staying with the P5 when the inevitable school spilt comes. And, it appears UConn has decided that a P5 invite is never coming as being in the NBE does not prepare you for the P5.

The move to the NBE is a backward looking nostalgic move that makes no strategic long term sense.

Reaction Score
If you went to UConn, yes you should care about each equally and not just pretend Basketball is the only sport that exists.
So there are only two options in your world? Everyone is either equal or one is everything and everyone else is nothing? Good lord.

Reaction Score
Any coincidence this was leaked 3 weeks before the annual football conference meeting in Newport July 15/16

Reaction Score
I still say the media deal/losing SNY was the straw the broke the camel’s back. You know UConn was serious when they e-mailed that survey. I guarantee the results were so horrendous that they had to do something...

Doing something is always a recipe for making a sound decision.

Reaction Score
Moving to the NBE will be a dark day for UConn athletics. The AAC has a better chance of staying with the P5 when the inevitable school spilt comes. And, it appears UConn has decided that a P5 invite is never coming as being in the NBE does not prepare you for the P5.

The move to the NBE is a backward looking nostalgic move that makes no strategic long term sense.

Football isn't going to get better. Rebuild basketball while they still can. It's the best move available sans a p5 invite

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score

That's a terrible view brotha. AAC and UConn were never a good fit. UConn has a better chance being successful elsewhere than staying below average in the AAC.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
We were never getting a P5 invite. The football program is beyond repair, and the ESPN deal was going to torpedo the women's program. This will dramatically improve season ticket sales.

THANK GOD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020