Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Destroy what? There is nothing left but losses. Games and money! If the team was even mediocre in the AAC, you would have a point. But they aren't. Not even close. Laughingstock...

Are you talking about football or basketball here?

Reaction Score
Will be good to play Syracuse, Boston College, Pitt, and Louisville in basketball again. Oh, wait, the NBE now includes Creighton, Butler, and Xavier.

100% agree. You forgot all of the other teams in the current Big East who were never in the old Big East - like Villanova, Georgetown, Providence, Seton Hall, Marquette, and St. John's. None of them are good either.

Reaction Score
Just when I was beginning to enjoy our wins every year against Tulane and ECU. ;)

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
What an embarrassment.

Short sighted dumb move. Football drives the bus for schools.

UCONN chooses to join a conference that looks nothing like the original big east and casts football aside.
I’d be happy to go back to the original 7 (plus ‘Nova). Or maybe original 7 minus BC.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Not that it likely matters to them, but we are by far the cheapest property to produce in the entire ESPN inventory. They can be in Hartford in half an hour, Storrs in an hour.

Instead we're going to be on FOX Sports getting routinely beaten out by women's games in the same time slots, and for less money than the AAC? The whole country can't wait to see us play Creighton. Fox should use the sound of crickets as their intro music to NBE basketball games.
Oh, I'm sure the whole country would much rather see us play Tulsa or SMU, or E. Carolina.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Exactly, we have a delusional fan base that thinks its the Conference that hurt us. It was the coaching hires that killed us. News flash, the AAC is just as good as the NBE, the AAC in football is way better than what the OBE had to offer and baseball which is the one program that did have a good coach in place has made major strides against way better competition.
I have never viewed this as one conference being better than the other. It's been more about the lack if passion and intensity of the fan base when considering the opponents. There is just total ambivalence toward all of the AAC teams with the possible exception of Cincy, and I would argue that that will wane now that Cronin is gone

Reaction Score

Oh yes it was the AAC that killed men’s basketball. Not Kevin Ollie failing to do basic recruiting practices.
It just doesn't fit us geographically and with the football presence basically with midwest and florida teams controlling it we would never be good here. It was like putting a square peg in a round hole. It just wasn't going to work. Oh yeah and we all know KO just quickened our demise. You know I was calling for his head 3 years ago. I never have been a fan of him as a coach.

Reaction Score
Thread is being brigaded by salty football fans. I bet this move polls 80%+ positive with Uconn sports fans at-large.

Short sighted fans trying to live in the past I would put closer to 90%. BE is AAC without football.

Reaction Score
Very excited about this! Of course I’m worried a little bit about the $, but I’m sure the NBE will be getting a bigger contract with UConn. At the end of the day - I’m an alumni but also a fan. I had little to no interest in the teams, outside of Cincy, Memphis and maybe Houston. I’m pumped to be able to see Nova, GTown, St. John’s, PC, etc back on the schedule. Also, Hurley is going to KILL IT recruiting now. Overall, they couldn’t let football continue to kill basketball.
This, 100%. Bottom line is, UConn fans/alumni don’t care about SMU/UCF/USF/ECU/Tulane/Wichita...and they never will no matter how good those schools are. This brings back regional rivalries with St Johns, Providence, and Seton Hall within driving distance, and MSG for the conference tournament. With the double round robin, this guarantees at least two games at MSG per year with playing at St Johns, and the Big East Tournament. This is all good for recruiting and something to build on for the New-New Big East starting in 2020.

Reaction Score
Funny, now that the conference is getting good, they are breaking away. The football program will sink to CCSU level.
They were almost there or have you not watched the worst team in FBS the last year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The more I think about it. Why can’t UConn stay in the AAC for football and go big east in basketball?

I know people say why would the aac allow it. However, if we left in football who would they get to replace them that’s better?

Trinity? New Hampshire? Maine? Hell Towson St destroyed us

Sorry, not a good time to pose this question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom