Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What about baseball. Besides Women's Basketball, its the only true winner.

Reaction Score
Shame we could never figure out the whole athletic department thing. Had some real potential to being a major P5 player. Instead, too many bad decisions were made and here we are. Too bad.
With the exception of a small handful of actual visionaries, this university will always be small time due to small time administrations and small time thinking.

Reaction Score
Gotta be pumped for those creighton, marquette, and depaul trips huh

About as much as I was pumped for trips to Houston, Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, SMU, Wichita... But seeing as you missed the point Ill explain. There are more close games for me now to go to and the conference tournament back in MSG is close-by and a better atmosphere.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
21 pages and not one person has brought this up...

Please tell me Bill Raftery and Gus Johnson are still calling games for Fox. Going from that crazy color commentator that always droned on about sled dogs to those two legends would make the move worth it right there.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Dooley, I disagree with you on this, but I think I speak for most UConn fans when I say I’ll miss you.

I’m sorry that it came to this for you.

I know many people disagree with me. That's okay. I do hope that the remaining UConn fans will be happy. It was a fun ride while it was here. We almost made it to the P5 and athletic relevance. Heckuva shot.

Reaction Score
Shame we could never figure out the whole athletic department thing. Had some real potential to being a major P5 player. Instead, too many bad decisions were made and here we are. Too bad.
This is a really good take for the football fanbase. There were numerous mistakes made between 2010 and now across the board in the AD which put UConn in the position where moving back to the BE was the only realistic way to save a bit of face.

Reaction Score
This will help Hartford and Storrs. I have never seen more then a few dozen Tulsa, SMU, Houston, Tulane or ECU fans for the games or the AAC tournement. I know the attendance from old BE teams will be in the hundreds if not thousands. This will automatically bump the home attendance for Basketball n the olympics sports. The money save in travel will be millions. This is long overdue

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Right. So now everyone will need the mega expensive cable package to watch UConn rather than a $5 per month subscription. Great.
:rolleyes:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
True. And in UConn's case it drove the athletic department into a ditch.

Not true - and actually, ridiculously dumb.

Football did not hurt our athletic department - the head in the sand attitude people had about the reality of football driving the bus caused us to upgrade a decade later than we should have.

Our current situation is a lot different if people had thought like a flagship university should have been thinking. But instead, we pretended we were Maine or New Hampshire and now here we are - likely on the path to eventual oblivion.

Dooley

Reaction Score
This is a really good take for the football fanbase. There were numerous mistakes made between 2010 and now across the board in the AD which put UConn in the position where moving back to the BE was the only realistic way to save a bit of face.

Way too many mistakes. From hiring bad ahtletic directors to hiring bad coaches to APR to paying waaaay too much attention to APR to being slow to add football to begin with...just a loooong line of bad decisions.

In a way, I hope today's news will spark a bigger national debate about the demise of college athletics and the direction it is headed. The name UConn is a huge name and nationally recognized. That hasn't and wont' change. But the P5 split has very real consequences to the NCAA and college athletics in general. Maybe UConn dropping down to second tier will open enough eyes that a real long hard look will take place into the scamshow of the NCAA. I hope so. It'll help me feel better that UConn has fallen on its sword here.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Not true - and actually, ridiculously dumb.

Football did not hurt our athletic department - the head in the sand attitude people had about the reality of football driving the bus caused us to upgrade a decade later than we should have.

Our current situation is a lot different if people had thought like a flagship university should have been thinking. But instead, we pretended we were Maine or New Hampshire and now here we are - likely on the path to eventual oblivion.

Well said. I've always enjoyed your posts Fishy.

Can you please deactivate my Dooley Boneyard account? I'm going back to casual lurking for the interim and eventual disconnect from all things UConn. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom