Remember Anna Makurat? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Remember Anna Makurat?

Reaction Score
Her Instagram and some of the Polish language material spell her name “Ania”, while a majority of everything else spells it “Anna”.

In a video I saw, a coach pronounced it like Ahn-yah, not a traditional English Anna. Poor Andy Landers may never get it right.

Because it’s what’s used on her FIBA profile, I’m going to guess she’ll stick with “Anna” for basketball.
Andy Landers will NEVER get right, and won't even give it a good try. He can't get Olivia Nelson-Ododa right, even when sitting at broadcast tables with other announcers who always get it right.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Her full Instagram quote:
a.makurat13
I am incredibly grateful and happy to announce that I committed to the University of Connecticut finally. Those who know me well, know what an incredible journey it was to reach this very moment. I can’t wait for the next chapter! I want to thank all of the fantastic people I have met along the way who helped me grow and become the person I am today, especially I want to thank Coach Gundars Vetra, Roman Skrzecz, Mariusz Świerk, Tomasz Cielebąk, and Agnieszka Bibrzycka. But most importantly I would like to say thank you to my first coach, Magdalena Makurat. I am blessed and lucky to call you my mom. Just know that without you any of that would be possible. Thank you for my family not only my mom but also my dad and my two sisters. I could not ask for a better support system. Today I want to tell all young players in Poland that it is worth setting goals, aiming for them and believing in what is “impossible.” Work hard and believe in your dreams! Let’s go Huskies
#bleedblue

UConn women’s basketball team lands commitment from Polish guard Anna Makurat

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She has a thank you to other Us that recruited her. Seminoles, Ohio St., Bulls, Oregon.

Reaction Score
Geno went to Anna's home and met with her parents. Anna is a Dee admirer and a UConn fan since she was a kid. Just a perfect match made in Poland!!! Just hope she will have a fantastic journey at Storrs like Svetlana Abrosimova did!!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
? I'll reverse order: Oregon, USF Bulls, THE Ohio State, Fla Seminoles

I am confused. I thought those were the schools recruiting Nika. I thought Anna was pretty much UConn or go to the Professional League?

I did not see any thing in Anna's announcement pointing to other schools.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I am confused. I thought those were the schools recruiting Nika. I thought Anna was pretty much UConn or go to the Professional League?

I did not see any thing in Anna's announcement pointing to other schools.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

It is the same as Nika's list minus Louisville. She put the thank you up on Instagram about 5 hours ago.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Video Highlights: Likes to push tempo and can pull up for a jump shot or continue to the basket for a layup or pass to a player in the low post for a layup. Seems to be a good three point shooter and not afraid to shoot. Video doesn't show any defensive plays, but I'm sure Anna will need to work on that part of her game.

Good pickup for Geno/Chris to add depth to the roster and possibly get some points from the bench that has been hard to come by in the last couple of years.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Wonder if Agata Murkat is Anna's sister who seems to have a longer three point range.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Video Highlights: Likes to push tempo and can pull up for a jump shot or continue to the basket for a layup or pass to a player in the low post for a layup. Seems to be a good three point shooter and not afraid to shoot. Video doesn't show any defensive plays, but I'm sure Anna will need to work on that part of her game.

Good pickup for Geno/Chris to add depth to the roster and possibly get some points from the bench that has been hard to come by in the last couple of years.

I am assuming you are putting Griffin in the Starting rotation? I think Anna / Aubrey would be competing for the stating slot but both will have significant minutes and impact.

Reaction Score
She has a thank you to other Us that recruited her. Seminoles, Ohio St., Bulls, Oregon.
I think it was Utah, where her sister goes and NOT Florida State the thank yous were sent out to.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think it was Utah, where her sister goes and NOT Florida State the thank yous were sent out to.

Yes, could have been. It was a team Logo that I may have confused.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I feel bad. We keep breaking up sister pairs. :(:rolleyes::D

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm not putting Aubrey or Anna in the starting lineup as of today. My starters today are: Crystal, Christyn, Megan and Ono. Predicting the 5th starter will be a Transfer or hoping that Camara earns the spot.

Zuzanna Puc is in the transfer portal and who knows perhaps there might be mutual interest between her and the coaching staff. She's a 6'2" forward from Poland. Zuzanna Puc - Women's Basketball - The University of Texas at El Paso Athletics I know its a long shot and I don't know how talented a player she is.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not putting Aubrey or Anna in the starting lineup as of today. My starters today are: Crystal, Christyn, Megan and Ono. Predicting the 5th starter will be a Transfer or hoping that Camara earns the spot.
Zuzanna Puc is in the transfer portal and who knows perhaps there might be mutual interest between her and the coaching staff. She's a 6'2" forward from Poland. Zuzanna Puc - Women's Basketball - The University of Texas at El Paso Athletics I know its a long shot and I don't know how talented a player she is.
I know someone posted a list of players by school currently can't in the portal just can seem to find it. Puc's UTEP bio says she only been in school 3 years would she be a regular transfer or graduate. If not graduate transfer I think this is a non starter for UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom