Recruits 2024 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruits 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Haven't watched the game yet, but Bethea is a top-10 player in the class. Might be the best player Imhotep faces all season. Been saying it since April and I'm gonna say it now again: Ahmad is severely underrated.

Bethea had 19 in a loss. Ahmad with 34 in the win, in the biggest game of the year. Pretty obvious we got the right guy IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Haven't watched the game yet, but Bethea is a top-10 player in the class. Might be the best player Imhotep faces all season. Been saying it since April and I'm gonna say it now again: Ahmad is severely underrated.

Bethea had 19 in a loss. Ahmad with 34 in the win, in the biggest game of the year. Pretty obvious we got the right guy IMO.

Ahmad reminds me of Earl Kelley.

Imagine if he were actually that good? I hope.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Ahmad reminds me of Earl Kelley.

Imagine if he were actually that good? I hope.
Don't be so sure that he wont be clearly better than Kelley. Also, we've likely had quite a few who were better than Kelley over the past 35 years or so.

Reaction Score
Seems like he will rise up the rankings and be in the conversation for the McD's AA game. He looks that good.
He is that good, we need to recruit some talent around him beyond the freshman

Reaction Score
Watched Kelley in the Fieldhouse, not sure I want to debate anybody about rankings, but he was exciting as heck to watch and just made things happen
The day he chose UConn over Syracuse was the biggest signing day in Connecticut history, a bigger deal than Corny, Camby, Gminski, Rod Foster or anyone since then. I suppose Drummond might've been a bigger deal if he didn't come in through the back door.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Not sure about that. Earl was an absolute stud and would be held higher in Husky lore if not for his off the court issues. Quite a few is too many.
I'll start with every point guard that started on a national title team (considering the comp to Nowell who is a PG). As EK was more accurately a ball dominant scoring guard, nearly doubling the above number wouldn't be too much of a stretch (Sheffer, Ricky, Ben, Lamb). I imagine nine qualifies as quite a few (and I believe that if I really wanted to push it I could add a few more, starting with Marcus Williams and AJ).

Kelley is viewed higher by many because he was an occasionally flickering light in an era of extreme darkness. We weren't the equivalent of a good mid-major in those days.

Reaction Score
I'll start with every point guard that started on a national title team (considering the comp to Nowell who is a PG). As EK was more accurately a ball dominant scoring guard, nearly doubling the above number wouldn't be too much of a stretch (Sheffer, Ricky, Ben, Lamb). I imagine nine qualifies as quite a few (and I believe that if I really wanted to push it I could add a few more, starting with Marcus Williams and AJ).

Kelley is viewed higher by many because he was an occasionally flickering light in an era of extreme darkness. We weren't the equivalent of a good mid-major in those days.

You’d be wrong on many of your assumptions. But it’s up for debate I won’t argue other than a flickering light lol. That’s way off it’s actually more like how can he be this good with the support cast?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The day he chose UConn over Syracuse was the biggest signing day in Connecticut history, a bigger deal than Corny, Camby, Gminski, Rod Foster or anyone since then. I suppose Drummond might've been a bigger deal if he didn't come in through the back door.
Wow.

Did you ever see Corny play?

There is no way (and they were only a couple years apart) he was a bigger deal than Foster. As a HS player (and through his freshman year in college) Foster was a bigger deal than Isiah Thomas (same HS class) who was also an enormous deal.

Reaction Score
Wow.

Did you ever see Corny play?

There is no way (and they were only a couple years apart) he was a bigger deal than Foster. As a HS player (and through his freshman year in college) Foster was a bigger deal than Isiah Thomas (same HS class) who was also an enormous deal.
Yes, I've seen Corny play. I know Corny was a top 5-10 recruit. Kelley was a top 15-20 guy. I meant to say as a Connecticut story. I remember the huge fanfare, the evening news leading off with the Kelley signing. A huge deal being made.

Reaction Score

I didn't mean to start a rankings debate, just thought that Ahmad's highlights remind me of Earl Kelley. Super strong on the ball, never gets knocked off-balance. Insane range on his shot. Plays at a smooth pace; not super-quick, buts gets wherever he wants to go.

In all those years I've seen very few that made me think of Kelley. Does anyone else see that?

Reaction Score

So Kelley barely in top 10 all time?

Reaction Score
Let’s put it this way….he had the most his given talent of anybody. He could have easily been on that wall if wasn’t such a zipperhead back then.

Zipperhead is a slur for Asian (Japanese I think?) people. Might want to refrain from using that. I'm surprised it got past the filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom