Recruits 2024 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Recruits 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know we have been up to watch him a couple times recently, but hope we get him on campus soon. He went to IU, so hopefully their on the court product has made him reconsider that idea.
His game is made for us. Word was he wants out of New England. The kid is from Fall River and hasn't stepped foot on campus yet including from when he played at Durfee. We have some work to do. Btw, AJ Dybantsa (Brockton) playing in a tournament in Springfield this weekend.

Reaction Score
His game is made for us. Word was he wants out of New England. The kid is from Fall River and hasn't stepped foot on campus yet including from when he played at Durfee. We have some work to do. Btw, AJ Dybantsa (Brockton) playing in a tournament in Springfield this weekend.
On ESPN+.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Is Dybantsa a potential 2024 reclass as well? Those two would round out another impressive reload + a high level transfer Center

Reaction Score
Have two tickets for Hoophall Sunday at 4:00 in Springfield. Got them back in October, hoping it would be a Flagg Husky party, but screw him. Still a Flagg-Dybantsa matchup, but not worth the drive from Eastern MA and our game is at noon. Any of you recruiting experts looking for tickets (I know who you are), they're yours, just shoot me a dm....

caw

Reaction Score
Kentucky is out so looking like Duke. Should be interesting next year to see what Scheyer does with all this young talent next season.

They are supposedly after some other center also. Reclass from 2025 Khaman Maluach. 7-2 kid. Highly ranked.

If they got both that would be 6 five stars and 1 four star.

Bigger question is which of their current players leave. They have a ton of kids not NBA ready on their roster but highly rated.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Obviously it’s tough to say no to that kind of talent but that is a way bigger freshman class than you should ever have in this era

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don't understand all of these recruits going to Duke to play for Scheyer. If I'm a Top 20 recruit I want to be the main guy, not one of many. We've won more titles the last 25 years than anyone and can't land these recruits. Something smells here.

Reaction Score
I tend to look at it the other way. I mean don’t get me wrong Pearl was like the face of the Big East along with playing with several great Cuse players. He had several chances to make huge plays and he did just that, but we saw him on national TV all the time while Earl was only on when we played someone worthy of the slot on ESPN. Earl was a different player more of a 2 and he was probably actually a better scorer than Pearl. Pearl was a great PG, strong and creative.

I mean Pearl was obviously better but one tenth the player isn’t close. Earl would’ve scored even more with a better supporting cast I believe. If he was a couple years earlier with Corny, Mike and Chuck that team would’ve been so much better!!!!
Who cares about Pearl Washington?
Pearl and a few others were hyped by ESPN as they were selling the Big East with the first big conference TV contract.
And maybe my memory has faded, but I don't recall Pearl having much of an outside shot. He drove to the hoop and passed.......except for the pizza boxes stacked outside his room.
Give me Earl on the line in the second half.......he'd yawn as he was about to take the first shot of a 1 and 1 and then make both. First half not so much, but he was focused at the end of games when the big money was on the line.

Reaction Score
I don't understand all of these recruits going to Duke to play for Scheyer. If I'm a Top 20 recruit I want to be the main guy, not one of many. We've won more titles the last 25 years than anyone and can't land these recruits. Something smells here.
It's easy to understand. Duke was king s^^t for a long time. They had coach K, Scheyer is selling coach K and the Duke brand.

I've heard enough to believe Scheyer won't work but again he's selling coach K Duke. Their record will be very good/great this year because the ACC is a joke. His class next year is unbelievable. My guess is it will take a little while for people to figure out he's not K and he's not a very good coach and that he's in over his head. If his strategy is he'll win with all 5 star freshman my belief is he will fail. I think Calipari is a far better coach who has been at it for decades and he's largely failed. It's kind of just a waiting game to watch Duke and all their fans to figure out it's not a smooth transition replacing a legend.

Reaction Score
Anyone watch Abraham's game yesterday?

4-star SF Isaiah Abraham (UConn) has a great frame and carries a lot of athletic explosion. He is strong and that is projectable with more of a physical ceiling without losing mobility. He made his mark in this one on the defensive end, guarding up a lineup and making things tough for Cameron Boozer. Abraham showed some shot-making flashes as well. He finished with ten points and four rebounds.

Reaction Score
Article on Abraham from the Courant after his game in Springfield.

“Unlike most kids his age who are just valuing the individual numbers, he’s proven that he doesn’t need to be an offensive focal point and he can still impact winning. He’s played on teams with a lot of high-level guys both in high school and EYBL and he’s always been able to impact winning without necessarily having the most shots or the most touches,” Finkelstein said. “He’s a rugged, blue-collar, versatile guy who has a history of prioritizing winning.”

Alternate access:
UConn commit Isaiah Abraham shows mature, multipositional skill set at Hoophall Classic

Reaction Score
And another one on Abraham from the New Haven Register. Good to see the beat writers taking the time to follow the incoming recruits.

"Great family, really good student, very well-respected kid both at Highland (School) where he started, and now at VI," UConn assistant coach Luke Murray said. "He's a really good defender, he's taken on the top matchup in every game he's played the last couple of years."

"He's a high-energy guy, good rebounder, really runs the floor. Really good player," added Murray, who wasn't at Monday's game (assistant coach Tom Moore was).

Alternate access:

Why UConn men's basketball commit Isaiah Abraham fits for top-ranked Huskies: 'Glue guy'

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Who cares about Pearl Washington?
Pearl and a few others were hyped by ESPN as they were selling the Big East with the first big conference TV contract.
And maybe my memory has faded, but I don't recall Pearl having much of an outside shot. He drove to the hoop and passed.......except for the pizza boxes stacked outside his room.
Give me Earl on the line in the second half.......he'd yawn as he was about to take the first shot of a 1 and 1 and then make both. First half not so much, but he was focused at the end of games when the big money was on the line.
Pearl was a one of a kind PG
Quick, ultra fast hands, eyes in the back of his head and extraordinary passer. He broke defenses backs. Yeah he couldn't shoot at a high rate but as a pure PG in college - rivals Bobby Hurley in that position and his importance to his team. Plus he was as strong as an ox.
Would have loved him in a UConn uniform

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score

“Unlike most kids his age who are just valuing the individual numbers, he’s proven that he doesn’t need to be an offensive focal point and he can still impact winning. He’s played on teams with a lot of high-level guys both in high school and EYBL and he’s always been able to impact winning without necessarily having the most shots or the most touches,” Finkelstein said. “He’s a rugged, blue-collar, versatile guy who has a history of prioritizing winning.”

Alternate access:
UConn commit Isaiah Abraham shows mature, multipositional skill set at Hoophall Classic
Sounds like a UConn guy to me!

Reaction Score

Alternate access:
He really is giving me shades of Isaac Okoro. Offense a bit underdeveloped at this point but a bulldog who makes up for it in affecting the game on defense and scoring with their athleticism. Maybe a bit less physically imposing as Okoro was when he came in but I’ll take that any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom