Recruiting Transfers - March | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nobody is a must get but he's really good.

I get that he's good. I'm just already tired of the posts next year about having too many guys who can't shoot. And saying someone has NBA potential says nothing. (I know you didn't say that.) Jackson has NBA potential. Sanogo has NBA potential. A ton of guys have NBA potential if a bunch of different things go right for them. And if he's "arguably one of the best" (another non-statement) defenders in college basketball he should have gotten at least one vote for ACC DPOY.

He's a good player, I'm not saying otherwise. I just don't think he's top of the list in terms of filling a need.

Reaction Score
I get that he's good. I'm just already tired of the posts next year about having too many guys who can't shoot. And saying someone has NBA potential says nothing. (I know you didn't say that.) Jackson has NBA potential. Sanogo has NBA potential. A ton of guys have NBA potential if a bunch of different things go right for them. And if he's "arguably one of the best" (another non-statement) defenders in college basketball he should have gotten at least one vote for ACC DPOY.

He's a good player, I'm not saying otherwise. I just don't think he's top of the list in terms of filling a need.

He’s a great playmaker and defender at his size as a freshman. That being said, if we don’t recruit at least one more knockdown shooter this off-season (even if that means Polley) it will be a disappointment.

Reaction Score

@ me next time. The advanced metrics had him as one of the better on ball defenders in the ACC last season. You then proceed to name some guys on our team who have NBA potential and who would’ve thought, they’ll be two of our better players next season. A “ton” of guys do not have NBA potential

Reaction Score

With you on this one. Really good player and would love to have him but I don’t think he fits what we really need. I also feel this is more our fan base wanting to get someone from Syracuse to rub it in their face lol.

Reaction Score
Big fan of Horne, he a stretch 4 that can knock it down from deep. Not sure if UConn will actually go after him, he’d probably be looking for a starting job and I’m not sure UConn can guarantee that , but a guy to keep an eye on nonetheless. If Whaley doesn’t come back, this would be a nice pick up.

Reaction Score
I would imagine we’ll be in the mix with Kadary... the only reason he must be turned off is PT. A lot of overlap with Jackson, and we have another ball. Dominant Pass-first guard in Diggins.
I don’t see overlap w Jackson. In fact, they could easily play together. He would start over Gaffney, day 1.

Reaction Score
With you on this one. Really good player and would love to have him but I don’t think he fits what we really need. I also feel this is more our fan base wanting to get someone from Syracuse to rub it in their face lol.
We have NO ONE who can break down a defense. He absolutely fills a need. You can’t run a modern offense without getting the ball into the paint at a high clip.

Reaction Score
Hurley said he wanted to add shooting and passing. Kadary fits one of those needs, while being a 6’5 top end defender. He’s a Hurley type of guy.

Reaction Score
We have NO ONE who can break down a defense. He absolutely fills a need. You can’t run a modern offense without getting the ball into the paint at a high clip.
We will see. Would be shocked if he came here.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
The BY will absolutely annihilate Hurley by mid-January of next season if he doesn't add a competent big who can defend and rebound to man the 5 with Adama. Whether that's Isaiah or someone new, IDK, but I doubt that's the freshman role envisioned for Samson. Go ahead and find shooters for the other 2 spots, but at least one other big is a must-have.

Reaction Score
This x 1,000,000!

Reaction Score
The BY will absolutely annihilate Hurley by mid-January of next season if he doesn't add a competent big who can defend and rebound to man the 5 with Adama. Whether that's Isaiah or someone new, IDK, but I doubt that's the freshman role envisioned for Samson. Go ahead and find shooters for the other 2 spots, but at least one other big is a must-have.
I'd say we'll annihilate Hurley if he doesn't add a creator and some shooters. Any person with half a brain can tell we were big time offensively challenged against good competition.

Reaction Score
There's been a million names thrown out there in this thread but it's become pretty difficult to figure out who we may actually be after/have a realistic shot at. Here's who I've got so far...please let me know if I'm missing anyone.

Kadary Richmond - G/F Syracuse
Noah Gurley - F Furman
Noah Locke - G Florida
Seth Lundy - G/F Penn St. (haven't heard anything about him in a while but we were listed as one of the schools who reached out initially and there's the K-Free connection)

Anyone I'm missing?

Reaction Score
There's been a million names thrown out there in this thread but it's become pretty difficult to figure out who we may actually be after/have a realistic shot at. Here's who I've got so far...please let me know if I'm missing anyone.

Kadary Richmond - G/F Syracuse
Noah Gurley - F Furman
Noah Locke - G Florida
Seth Lundy - G/F Penn St. (haven't heard anything about him in a while but we were listed as one of the schools who reached out initially and there's the K-Free connection)

Anyone I'm missing?
I've been keeping a running list because this thread is impossible to follow with actual options

Reported Contact:
Tyler Kolek 6'3 182 G - Sophomore
David Collins 6'4 220 G - Grad
Seth Lundy 6'6 220 F - Junior
Stef Smith
Justin Powell

CJ Felder 6'7 230 F - Junior
Noah Locke 6'3 203 G - Senior
Kadary Richmond 6'5 180 G - Sophomore

Social Media Follow:
Noah Gurley 6'8 210 F - Senior

Reaction Score
I've been keeping a running list because this thread is impossible to follow with actual options

Reported Contact:
Tyler Kolek 6'3 182 G - Sophomore
David Collins 6'4 220 G - Grad
Seth Lundy 6'6 220 F - Junior
Stef Smith
Justin Powell

CJ Felder 6'7 230 F - Junior
Noah Locke 6'3 203 G - Senior
Kadary Richmond 6'5 180 G - Sophomore

Social Media Follow:
Noah Gurley 6'8 210 F - Senior
I did see that Ismael Massoud and Kimani Young follow each other but I don’t know if that is recruiting business or because they both are from NY

Reaction Score
Keep an eye on Omar Payne thats all Ill say

The guy that elbowed the Tennessee kid in the SEC tournament? That was a terrible look. He has Andre Drummond FT numbers and did not contribute much in Gainesville, but he was highly touted as a recruit. I guess as a backup center he would be fine, but nothing to write home about. Maybe White held him back like he seems to do with most of his players.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
You are a textbook example of a hypocrite and false crocodile tears actors crying about the plights of the D1 basketball players. Worry about the average Joe college student not student athletes.

It is actually a good thing and the right thing that the government mandates universities sponsor unprofitable D1 sports. It gives more people an opportunity to make something of themselves. That is the job of government.

Since money is the bottom line for you, I propose your job gets sent to North Dakota that way your company can maximize their profits at your expense.

PS: D1 basketball and football players are already privileged. You and many others would do well to remember that.
This is an insane take devoid of any knowledge of the college athlete experience. You have no idea what you are talking about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom