Recruiting Transfers - March | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think he's talented enough for our team.
Thanks for the input. I honestly know nothing about him other than that he’s friends with James/Richie. Hard to gauge sometimes from looking at highlight videos and stat lines

Reaction Score
Tripp just followed on Twitter
Just watched his highlight video and obviously it’s impossible to get the full story from a highlight video but I really liked what I saw. Good size, good from 3, good finishing around the rim. Definitely an interesting prospect.

Reaction Score
Like guys at least in the 70’s on FT’s.
Although 70% is a good threshold, I just looked at his 2020-2021 stats and he was 69.1% from free throw. He made 56 on 81 attempts.

If he had made one (1) more free throw, he would have been a 70% free throw shooter. Do you think he’s that much more valuable of a player if he makes one more free throw on the season?

Again, that is generally a good threshold I don’t disagree, but that really means close to nothing about his game. Not gonna pass up on a guy over one free throw.

Reaction Score
Gurley vs Kenpom top 150 & power conference opponents. 10 games. Only top 100 team was #8 Alabama--the rest were all between 100-150.

14.7 PPG
6.4 REB
2.6 AST

47% FG
35% 3FG
68% FT

0.9 BLK
0.4 STL
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing this. I wish there was more of a sample size for top-100 because most big east teams fit into that range, but these are decent numbers for the 100-150 range.

Reaction Score

This is a kid I really really want. He didn’t get much time at Virginia last year, but coming out of high school I think lots of people considered him more as a long term prospect than a 1 and done type player. There may be somewhat of a pinch for playing time though as he’d obviously be behind AJ and Martin at the 3. I still think he’d get decent minutes though as I could see us regularly having 2 out of him, AJ and Martin at the court at the same time.

There are other needs that come first in transfers I would say, but as a second potential transfer I would love to take this kid knowing he’d be in the program for another 3 years.

Reaction Score
Although 70% is a good threshold, I just looked at his 2020-2021 stats and he was 69.1% from free throw. He made 56 on 81 attempts.

If he had made one (1) more free throw, he would have been a 70% free throw shooter. Do you think he’s that much more valuable of a player if he makes one more free throw on the season?

Again, that is generally a good threshold I don’t disagree, but that really means close to nothing about his game. Not gonna pass up on a guy over one free throw.
Chief actually likes 80’s but said 70’s since to your point other factors come jnto play. I guess if you are going after a “shooter” and they are below 70% - I do see it as a showstopper since they should be in upper 70’s plus. A rebounder, defender, shot blocker - I might have a more flexible standard.

Reaction Score
Chief actually likes 80’s but said 70’s since to your point other factors come jnto play. I guess if you are going after a “shooter” and they are below 70% - I do see it as a showstopper since they should be in upper 70’s plus. A rebounder, defender, shot blocker - I might have a more flexible standard.
Completely understood. We are going to need all the help we can get from the free throw line next year. We need players like CV who can help ice the game from the line. That is just one area on offense that I think hurt us this year.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He's leaving because he hasn't been very good at MSU and his minutes are about to disappear.

Surprising he can’t shoot the 3 so well since he’s a pretty good ft shooter.

Reaction Score
Surpassing he can’t shoot the 3 so we’ll since he’s a pretty good ft shooter.
say what weird al yankovic GIF

Reaction Score
So many of these guys are on the court getting minutes for solid coaches and still bolting. I can see a whole second wave of kids entering the portal if they feel marginalized by transfers coming into their program. Its probably going to be July before a coach can be relatively comfortable that the guys on the roster are still going to be there in Sept

Reaction Score

Woahhhhh big name alert. Maybe he will consider coming to the University of UConn

we already have an small shoot-first PG, except rocket only shot 25% from 3 this year

Reaction Score
So many of these guys are on the court getting minutes for solid coaches and still bolting. I can see a whole second wave of kids entering the portal if they feel marginalized by transfers coming into their program. Its probably going to be July before a coach can be relatively comfortable that the guys on the roster are still going to be there in Sept
NCAA has created a total mess, this isn't sustainable.

Reaction Score
The wave of transfers will be over by May 1. If you transfer after that date, you have to sit out the year and won't get immediate eligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom