Recruiting Transfers - April | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do not think Hurley will fill all three open scholarships. I think we add one more player via transfer or reclass and save the other two until next year.

Reaction Score
That's why I think Tyler Kolek fits. He played a lot as a freshman for George Mason, but when stepping up I don't think he would expect those minutes. Good shooter, passer, all around savvy guard.
Not really a fan of Kolek
Hes slow and unathletic
As good of a shooter as he is he has a weak handle and is a very subpar defender
I dont think he is a high major caliber player but sounds like Marquette has the best shot at him

Reaction Score
Do not think Hurley will fill all three open scholarships. I think we add one more player via transfer or reclass and save the other two until next year.
DH has made an occasional comment -tongue in cheek on his part- 'How do you manage a roster of 15 guys". Went on to say.' Maybe I should ask Geno about that.'"

I don't think he feels desperate to fill all three spots-Just wants to add the right people when or if it happens.

Assuming its back to business as usual in 2021 as to how redshirting is managed.

Reaction Score
I'm tempted to say that we've swung and missed at a lot of these targets - but obviously I don't know how many and how intensely any of these targets were!

Tough to be upset when you don't even know how involved we were!

Reaction Score
I just really hope Hurley doesn’t revert back to, “well none of these guys can score” and “we are very limited on offense”.

this year more than ever we could have made moves to improve the roster.

What are the specific moves that you know they didn't make that you think should have been made?

Reaction Score
I'm tempted to say that we've swung and missed at a lot of these targets - but obviously I don't know how many and how intensely any of these targets were!

Tough to be upset when you don't even know how involved we were!
I think the only one is Locke.

Reaction Score
Richmond was a swing and miss. Staff went aggressive to show interest but too little too late. Move was set before our real pitch. Locke was a solid attempt, but up against # of options. Not sure a true love fest from either side. Still advise to hold tight and let process play out. No need to hang off a ledge. A healthy Polley return has a lot of smoke at the moment. Still expect an additional domino to fall our way.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Richmond was a swing and miss. Staff went aggressive to show interest but too little too late. Move was set before our real pitch. Locke was a solid attempt, but up against # of options. Not sure a true love fest from either side. Still advise to hold tight and let process play out. No need to hang off a ledge. A healthy Polley return has a lot of smoke at the moment. Still expect an additional domino to fall our way.
No offense, but this is the kind of stuff fan bases say when things are not going their way.

Reaction Score
What about someone like Shane Dezonie from Brewster. Says he originally from PA. 6’4 SG top 100 guy. Maybe he will become available with Miller being canned
247 says he’s from Jersey City.

“Dezonie previously played at Hudson Catholic in New Jersey where last season he averaged 12.4 points, 4.1 assists, and 4.0 rebounds per game while shooting 49 percent from the field and 36 percent from 3.”

I don’t know high school stats well, but isn’t 36% not that impressive for a HS kid? Like, what’s “good” for HS level?

Reaction Score
247 says he’s from Jersey City.

“Dezonie previously played at Hudson Catholic in New Jersey where last season he averaged 12.4 points, 4.1 assists, and 4.0 rebounds per game while shooting 49 percent from the field and 36 percent from 3.”

I don’t know high school stats well, but isn’t 36% not that impressive for a HS kid? Like, what’s “good” for HS level?

Andre Jackson was around 50% from 3, Gilbert 65% so yeah, 36% is not good for HS

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson was around 50% from 3, Gilbert 65% so yeah, 36% is not good for HS

High schools just lie about stats. Neither of them shot that well in hs. It's hard to know who is being honest or not

But 36% from 3 in hs even if true isn't spectacular. Competition only gets tougher.

Reaction Score
High schools just lie about stats. Neither of them shot that well in hs. It's hard to know who is being honest or not

But 36% from 3 in hs even if true isn't spectacular. Competition only gets tougher.
Yeah I'm skeptical of those Jackson numbers so makes sense they'd be inflated. So if someone is inflated to 36% have to imagine they're even worse

Reaction Score
Is it possible that the portal guys we offered on so far--Looked at our roster and their interest in PT/being featured-- And decided that the comp for PT on our roster was too much for them??

Sometimes coaches make offers on kids so that their real targets (ie.IW) make a decision in favor of that coach/team?

Chess--Not checkers.

Not a swing and a miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member