Recruiting Transfers - April | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone have thoughts on whether or not we'd want him back?
1. Lots of positive comments when he was recruited;
2. Shot 100% from the floor while here;
3. No one seems certain about Clingan (and that Michigan thing and;
4. It's a lot closer to Canada.
I'd agree there's no way he's coming back to UConn. Could he even do it? He was at a Big East school and now he'd be transferring back to a Big East school. Why would UConn be treated any differently than if he wanted to go to Georgetown? Right?

Reaction Score
He isn't coming back here. Another year playing behind Whaley and Sanogo, but now we have Johnson and even Akok in the mix at the 5. He isn't sniffing a second of playing time.

He needs to go play for a bad P5 team where he can get a bunch of minutes. Get in shape and actually be able to play.
Do you think that he would fit into the zone scheme at Syracuse? Closer to home.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Can’t go to a BE school, and might have to sit a year under the new rule (depending on how liberally waivers are granted going forward)

This kid should lose his eligibility. He takes a payday to go to Arizona, and now his scumbag coach/gravy train is fired for being a scumbag. Akinjo has been a pro for over a year. There should be no more college for him.

Reaction Score
This kid should lose his eligibility. He takes a payday to go to Arizona, and now his scumbag coach/gravy train is fired for being a scumbag. Akinjo has been a pro for over a year. There should be no more college for him.
You have absolutely no tangible proof he took a payday. Baseless accusations on this board are getting a little tiresome.

Reaction Score
Exactly what we need. 46.1 3p% and about 57% of his shots are from deep translate to a guy who is a stone cold three-point shooter, but also has an ability to ball inside the arc too. 2.8/1.3 A/TO is a nice bonus as well.

He's a Cincy kid and his teammate Jack Nunge transferred to Xavier.

Maybe there's the appeal of playing in his hometown once a year?

Reaction Score
Exactly what we need. 46.1 3p% and about 57% of his shots are from deep translate to a guy who is a stone cold three-point shooter, but also has an ability to ball inside the arc too. 2.8/1.3 A/TO is a nice bonus as well.

He's a Cincy kid and his teammate Jack Nunge transferred to Xavier.

Maybe there's the appeal of playing in his hometown once a year?
It sounds like he's a lock for Kentucky from everything I've seen

Reaction Score
It sounds like he's a lock for Kentucky from everything I've seen
I’ve seen a lot of this too..... Confused at how there’s all this buzz about Kentucky being his landing spot when he quite literally just entered the portal. But as we’ve seen/heard, sometimes these things are over before names hit the portal, so i guess it’s not that surprising.

Reaction Score

I know the numbers. But I see so much potential in his shot making ability. I have a really strong feeling he's going to explode somewhere in the next couple of seasons. I see a little Wayne Seldon in his game as well

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

Duke signing Theo John, now Jaylen Blakes. We didn’t even offer Blakes even though he liked us and we needed another guard and shooter. What the hell is even going on?

Reaction Score
I know the numbers. But I see so much potential in his shot making ability. I have a really strong feeling he's going to explode somewhere in the next couple of seasons. I see a little Wayne Seldon in his game as well
Wish I hadn’t watched that video. Looks really good. Definitely a lot of things on there I don’t see our returning guards even being able to do.

? that Hurley is doing something behind the scenes to fix our inability to create shots. He’s been a great recruiter to date, I worry he’s loyal to under-talented “his guys” now that they’re all his.

let’s get rocket or any creator! We have a great team just missing that piece!

Reaction Score
Devante' Jones out of Coastal Carolina, one of the best mid-major players in the country just hit the portal.

The 6'1 200 incoming senior is a two-way stud: 19.3p, 7.2r, 2.8s, 36.8 3p%, 5.3 fta at a 86.2% clip. Alpha guard and a three zone scorer.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Nepotism by any other name...
Serious question, is this kid any good? I mean he played Ivy League level ball. I guess that’s what a Cuse quality of player is all about now. Gritty, gutty, lunch pail, “uses every ounce of their ability” types.
Shades of the EBL Scranton Miners with Jim Boeheim and ex-Ivy sharpshooter Stan Pawlak (out of Penn) in the backcourt, lighting it up against the Hartford Capitol in the Bloomfield High School gym a half century ago.

Reaction Score

Don’t know anything about his game at all because he barely played, but is a DMV kid.

That’s part of the problem with 4-star type players committing to schools like that. Hard to get playing time and prove yourself over all the 5-star freshman they get, but this kid was ranked 55 in his class on 247, so i’m sure he will get a fair shot.

Look at someone like Juzang who never got a chance at UK and lead his team to the final 4 at UCLA.

Reaction Score

Don’t know anything about his game at all because he barely played, but is a DMV kid.

That’s part of the problem with 4-star type players committing to schools like that. Hard to get playing time and prove yourself over all the 5-star freshman they get, but this kid was ranked 55 in his class on 247, so i’m sure he will get a fair shot.

Look at someone like Juzang who never got a chance at UK and lead his team to the final 4 at UCLA.

He’s someone I’d be willing to take a chance on, but I think he’ll go home to one of the Virginia schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom